News: PFT: Wade Phillips says Jason Garrett is "better head coach than I was"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reality, Jan 10, 2019.

1. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

18,571 Messages
    11,587 Likes Received
    I have always said that Wade was better. And with football, X and O's hes way better. Calling a game, decisions for sure.

But I now give Garrett the nod for being a better figurehead and or team leader. For what thats worth. Personally, I would want neither guy has HC. As coordinators, its not even close.

Melonfeud and JMech like this.
  2. JMech

JMech Active Member

198 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    Good perspective. I still dont believe that Garrett is the leader of this team. The leadership is with 4 players on the offense and a couple or three on the defense. That is the core leadership on this team. When Garrett is standing in front of the team and talking all they hear is..........blah, blah, blah, blah. Similar to his press conferences.

3. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Well-Known Member

1,829 Messages
    550 Likes Received
    Ok so noone is going to bring up the bandage on his arm?

4. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

9,853 Messages
    6,884 Likes Received
    Smack talking, boys.

Aim it at the Lambs.

We all brothers here.

No?

We all have people we rub the wrong way here.

Play nice..it's game time.

:mad:

Melonfeud likes this.
  5. davidariust24

davidariust24 Well-Known Member

821 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    They have to out physical us to win . I feel like our run defense cant allow themselves to get out physicaled firstly. Secondly, they cant get fooled by alot of player, lineman movement/blocking and set up blocking. To have success you have to fool our linebackers or simply out physical us. I'd love sua filo to start but if Connor William's plays he needs to be ready for a TON of aaron Donald because Donald wants the weakest link. Suh is a load and could cause major problems himself. The front four can cause problems. They may try to concentrate on the run more and try to make prescott beat them but allow Donald to peel his ears back to get to the qb at all times, not that they qont try to get the qb but the run. Is more important. I'm sure their linebackers will be fired up since they want to win and no one ever talks about them. It's going to be a good game

6. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

18,340 Messages
    28,747 Likes Received
    :lmao::lmao2::lmao:

* so,I reckon yer' one of them there, " keeping score&playing fer keeps" type ,,,eh?o_O

Idgit likes this.
  7. davidariust24

821 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    If I'm wade Phillip's I'd stop the run first and make Dak beat me. I'd ask my corners to play their best game because they are needed. He has two former pro bowlers in Talib and peters. I know Talib stepped up to the challenge many times before taking on one on one assignments. His most notable was gronkowski.. Phillip's may want double cooper and just knuckle up vs the rest of the receivers and stop the run. .he is know for having something you haven't seen in big games . We just have to come out hungry and ready to play

Melonfeud likes this.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

44,574 Messages
    31,309 Likes Received
    Sandbagger

Melonfeud likes this.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Riding the Red Rocket Staff Member

55,717 Messages
    54,629 Likes Received
    It's easy when you're always right. :)

Melonfeud likes this.
  10. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

18,054 Messages
    11,614 Likes Received
    Coach Cupcake admits he's a cupcake? How cupcake-like of him.

11. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

18,340 Messages
    28,747 Likes Received
    Son of Bum definitely ain't no slouch,in fact he could be what some would consider a genuine defensive guru in the defensive scheming of a single game& given the time to extensively break down/study upon the opponent (He had that Denver defensive unit wired right in their last Superbowl appearance,that's for sure)o_O

davidariust24 likes this.
  12. davidariust24

821 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    Yes he did

Melonfeud likes this.
  13. Cowboysfandarin

Cowboysfandarin Well-Known Member

350 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Wade is a great defensive football mind, but he is not a leader. He's just too damn nice. He's the guy you want to be the grandfather to your kids type, not leading an NFL team. I always liked Wade, just not as my head coach. He's just too soft, too nice, too mellow.

Melonfeud likes this.
  14. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

4,394 Messages
    7,341 Likes Received
    There was a side to Phillips when he was alone with the players the public never saw. He could "bite", to borrow Jerry Jones' words, when the situation called for it. He was just not "that way" enough for the players to buy into it when he was tough and aggressive.

I think it was just a case of Wade being a better coordinator than head coach. Like you, I always liked Wade. And the Cowboys had some real good defenses when he was here.

Melonfeud likes this.
  15. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

16,961 Messages
    31,660 Likes Received
    Mind games. lol And that isn't saying much Wade.

16. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

15,847 Messages
    30,089 Likes Received
    Show me where even one player has so much as hinted at this.

17. JMech

JMech Active Member

198 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    In the midst of their horrific start this season, the players and the lockerroom clearly indicated issues with coaching.

Melonfeud likes this.
  18. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

3,102 Messages
    3,167 Likes Received
    Duh....JG is one of the best coaches in the NFL.

19. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Well-Known Member

4,122 Messages
    3,568 Likes Received
    I’m a bit surprised people aren’t making more of how big it is for Wade to say something like this. Whatever you think of him as a coach, Wade is pure class.

I actually think he’s also being a bit charitable to Garrett (though I think Jason is a far better leader and team architect). The knock on Wade was always that his teams, which often had regular season success, couldn’t do much in the playoffs. Garrett still hasn’t proven that his teams can do more.

Melonfeud likes this.
  20. JayFord

JayFord Well-Known Member

2,894 Messages
    4,533 Likes Received
    Wade may not have had playoff success but dang it I liked wade and he always got regular season wins tho