News: PFT: Watson still wants a trade

kskboys

Reaction score
Interesting scenario here, you seem to have a grasp of the English language but.... anyway

I was referring to this rape allegation here https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/sy...ccused-of-rape-for-the-love-of-money.amp.html
and comparing it to the situation Watson is going through now. No where did I mention Watson raped anyone or was accused of rapping anyone. Again, I was merely comparing the situations in the since that they both involve woman in different parts of the county accusing a QB of sexual assault. Idk how many woman are claiming sexual assault on Watson nor do I care, considering this isn’t my s*** storm, but I do know that there are some who are and if he is convicted (not saying that he will) he is done in the NFL. I’m not going into the situation where a QB named Colin (who is indeed done in the NFL) did far far less then what Watson is being accused of here. Granted the scenarios are different but I think your smart enough to understand my point.
Colin was not kicked out the NFL, nor was he suspended. I don't understand the parallel you're trying to make, nor do I understand the relevance of Kap to this discussion.

J817

Reaction score
Colin was not kicked out the NFL, nor was he suspended. I don't understand the parallel you're trying to make, nor do I understand the relevance of Kap to this discussion.

I don’t think your slow. I think u do.
And yes everyone knows Colin was not suspended or “officially banned”.
I was arguing if Watson was convicted his career would be over. Which I still believe.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don’t think your slow. I think u do.
And yes everyone knows Colin was not suspended or “officially banned”.
I was arguing if Watson was convicted his career would be over. Which I still believe.
No, I don't know. Colin opted out of his contract, then turned down at least 2 offers that we know of, DEN and BALT. Kap was not a very starter, but wanted starter money, that's why he's not on a team. And then he started getting very weird, so no one wanted him at that point.

I don't see at all, not even a little bit, how this is in any way a related/similar situation.

J817

Reaction score
No, I don't know. Colin opted out of his contract, then turned down at least 2 offers that we know of, DEN and BALT. Kap was not a very starter, but wanted starter money, that's why he's not on a team. And then he started getting very weird, so no one wanted him at that point.

I don't see at all, not even a little bit, how this is in any way a related/similar situation.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bs-sp-ravens-ray-lewis-colin-kaepernick-20170905-story.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/broncos-wont-sign-colin-kaepernick-contract-john-elway-2018-8

Are these the examples your speaking of?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mickey The Dunce he is. OR sexual deviant.
R4d1d426f6e868267408ce0a2964179e7

Pape

Reaction score

Kaepernick was blackballed by the NFL, there is no doubt about that...

The opt out was done because he knew he was going to be cut... and he would have been cut... he opted out in order to become a free agent prior to the start of the new league year and free agency... timing matters, as he could have been released in august... not that the timing of it truly mattered because of the blackballing

Watson though, regardless of the civil suits against him, wants out of houston... he sees the writing on the wall regarding the future of the franchise and wants nothing to do with it... that front office is a hot mess, and is being steered by a guy who just a few years ago was basically Father Mulcahy without the Father part

completely different situations

Flamma

Reaction score

The opt out was done because he knew he was going to be cut... and he would have been cut... he opted out in order to become a free agent prior to the start of the new league year and free agency... timing matters, as he could have been released in august... not that the timing of it truly mattered because of the blackballing

Watson though, regardless of the civil suits against him, wants out of houston... he sees the writing on the wall regarding the future of the franchise and wants nothing to do with it... that front office is a hot mess, and is being steered by a guy who just a few years ago was basically Father Mulcahy without the Father part

I'm not sure he was blackballed. Owners will overlook a lot if the talent is there. Some team will pick up Watson once this is all over with. This is regardless if he is guilty or not. They'll say he paid his price and move on. Just like they did with Vick. For Colin? For the life of me I can't understand what team would want that kind of publicity for a backup QB. Sometimes you can blackball yourself by just being controversial and suck at what you do.

kskboys

Reaction score

Colin was not blackballed by the NFL, there is no doubt about that.

Two teams that we know of offered him contracts. How are you determining that to be blackballing?

Are you really not aware that his salary demands were 20 mil a season? He wasn't worth close to that, since he's more of a backup type.

Colin had agreed to a contract w/ the Ravens. His GF then opened her big mouth and called the Ravens owners slave owners, so the Ravens took the offer off the table.

How in the world to you guys get this so wrong?