PFT: Which quarterbacks won’t get big-money long-term deal?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Id like to see or hear that one player in the history of the organization took less money because they played for the cowboys and could earn more off the field with them. If you want to narrow it to qbs, Aikman or romo never took less.

As far as other positions, If that was the case we would be a FA destination that players take less and would never lose any FA. I've seen high profile players like Smith, Dez , Dlaw and others hold out id threaten to hold out for more money.

It's never smart to take less money on a contract for money that isn't guaranteed off the field and how long you are on the team isn't in your control

We're either Aikman or Romo the highest paid at their position in the league? If so, I don't remember that either.

glimmerman

Reaction score
"7 figures" isn't "beer and pizza money". Not for you and me, and not for any Pro athlete either.
Come on man. These poor guys have to pay taxes. There agents. Likely just low 7 figures. There is yacht money and club money, car money. Helping there families.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Blaming Zeke for the Rams loss?!?

Dak was 1-10 on 3rd downs and the defense gave up 273 yards rushing.

Little Jr

Reaction score
We're either Aikman or Romo the highest paid at their position in the league? If so, I don't remember that either.
Aikman was and Romo was tied I believe. Not sure what that had to do with anything? Dak won't be the highest paid.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sign them to a big deal now. As the cap grows we're playing with inflated dollars

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Aikman was. Back in like 99, Aikman signed a record 50 Million deal, which was a record deal in the NFL, at the time.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Wise man once said "above average QBs don't grow on trees".