PFT: Witten/Witten's Agent was Werders Source *Merge*

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
As it turns out, Terrell Owens’ suspicions regarding teammate Jason Witten might have been on the mark.

The talk in the Cowboys locker room is that Witten was one of the sources for Ed Werder’s recent ESPN item, which has sparked a firestorm within the organization.

Per a league source, center Andre Gurode and receiver Roy Williams called out Witten in a team meeting regarding their belief that he has been talking out of school to Werder, accusing Witten and/or his agent of feeding the information to Werder — as the song “Back Stabbers” played in the background.

According to our source (and it pains us to type this), Owens isn’t as bad as he’s made out to be in the media (i.e., by ESPN).

“Ed Werder didn’t make anything up,” the source said. “Witten or his agent gave the story.”

And here’s where it gets really interesting. Witten’s agent is Jimmy Sexton. And Sexton represents — you guessed it — former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells.

Parcells wanted no part of Owens, and presumably Parcells would love nothing more than to see the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs in the same year that Parcells is in the process of propelling the previously 1-15 Fins toward the postseason.

We’re not saying that Tuna has his finger in this one, after all he’s not the kind of guy who’d stick his nose in business that doesn’t pertain to him. We’re just pointing out the straight line from Witten to Sexton to Parcells, who by the way drafted Witten in 2003, the same year that Parcells signed Romo as an undrafted free agent.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Parcells doesn't want to see us fail. just cause he doesn't like one player doesn't mean he wants the whole team to fail.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Wow-you know this is BS when somehow they bring in Parcells to the mix.

Mike Florio definitely has no time on his hands this week.

dallas_112678

Reaction score
hah, get ready for all the "cut Witten" posts. With some of the people on this board you know its coming.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2484998 said:
Wow-you know this is BS when somehow they bring in Parcells to the mix.

Mike Florio definitely has no time on his hands this week.
he's worse than espn.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Rampage;2484995 said:
Parcells doesn't want to see us fail. just cause he doesn't like one player doesn't mean he wants the whole team to fail.

He's working 24/7 in Miami now-he wouldn't give 2 ***** what the Cowboys do anymore.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
CrazyMonster;2484992 said:
If this is true....

Witten's rep is going to take a beating & rightfully so..
Step away from the ledge, it is PFT.

Sheesh ! :rolleyes:

Wood

Reaction score
how long until we hear a report the CIA was inside on this before Werner.

Givincer

Reaction score
No way.

The song "backstabbers" playing in the background. There is just no way.

I've probably fallen for a prank here.

So we've got another anonymous source telling us who the first anonymous source was. What kind of crap is that?

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Far from a conspiracy theorist, but if you doon't think Parcells would be in subtrifuge (i.e. talking w/Jets owner on day of Superbowl, his Peter King and Mort feeds, etc), then you really don't know what kind of an arrogant SOB he was/is.

Would suck if Witten did this, but I wouldn't be suprised that Parcells asked Sexton to do it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
McLovin;2485032 said:
Far from a conspiracy theorist, but if you doon't think Parcells would be in subtrifuge (i.e. talking w/Jets owner on day of Superbowl, his Peter King and Mort feeds, etc), then you really don't know what kind of an arrogant SOB he was/is.

Would suck if Witten did this, but I wouldn't be suprised that Parcells asked Sexton to do it.

Why?

What does BP stand to gain?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
McLovin;2485032 said:

Parcells does things that serves his teams purpose. Please tell me what purpose this would serve?

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Parcells has alot to gain.

He made the comment that "2 years after I leave (Dallas), you will never know if was ever there."

He would love to finagle Witten in a trade ("They have Bennett", never win with owens", "Jerry doesn't appreciate blue collar players like Witten" only "TO types").

Parcells is 20 times the egomaniac TO is. The only think with Parcells is that he gets a pass because of being a 2-time SB coach (wide-right).

Don't get me wrong, he is a great turnaround coach, but if anyone in the histry of football was better at mind games and agendas then Parcells, the list is probably shorter than the number of noses on your face (including Parcells in the list

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
While I think Blaming parcells is a stretch....I would love to know if Sexton represented Keyshawn at one point.

edit and he is not: Keyshawns agent is Jerome Stanely

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
in other words, solidifying his reputation that he is a football god.

Taking down TO or Jerry. He holds grudges longer than anyone - (Bellichek spurning the NYJ job)