PFT: Witten/Witten's Agent was Werders Source *Merge*

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So our Hall Of Fame TE is now a snitch???

BAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAABAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!

Yea, lets all start blaming Witten for all of this now................please.

dfense

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2484981 said:
As it turns out, Terrell Owens’ suspicions regarding teammate Jason Witten might have been on the mark.

The talk in the Cowboys locker room is that Witten was one of the sources for Ed Werder’s recent ESPN item, which has sparked a firestorm within the organization.

Per a league source, center Andre Gurode and receiver Roy Williams called out Witten in a team meeting regarding their belief that he has been talking out of school to Werder, accusing Witten and/or his agent of feeding the information to Werder — as the song “Back Stabbers” played in the background.

According to our source (and it pains us to type this), Owens isn’t as bad as he’s made out to be in the media (i.e., by ESPN).

“Ed Werder didn’t make anything up,” the source said. “Witten or his agent gave the story.”

And here’s where it gets really interesting. Witten’s agent is Jimmy Sexton. And Sexton represents — you guessed it — former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells.

Parcells wanted no part of Owens, and presumably Parcells would love nothing more than to see the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs in the same year that Parcells is in the process of propelling the previously 1-15 Fins toward the postseason.

We’re not saying that Tuna has his finger in this one, after all he’s not the kind of guy who’d stick his nose in business that doesn’t pertain to him. We’re just pointing out the straight line from Witten to Sexton to Parcells, who by the way drafted Witten in 2003, the same year that Parcells signed Romo as an undrafted free agent.
That's deep.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ScipioCowboy;2485422 said:
Once again, I'm completely baffled by some of the posts on this board recently.

We have posters attacking Witten solely because he offered a few comments to Ed Werder. Yet, many of these same posters are tireless defenders of TO even though he went to the media after the first Washington game and complained about not getting the ball; went to the media again before the SF game and complained about JG's offense; and, then started spreading dissension amongst his own team with accusations of a "secret conspiracy" between Witten and Romo.

How is that one man, TO, is capable of causing such fractionization and infighting wherever he goes? What kind of gravitas does he have when even the fans on message boards are fractionizing?

It's mind boggling.
Excellent post.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

We have posters attacking Witten solely because he offered a few comments to Ed Werder. Yet, many of these same posters are tireless defenders of TO even though he went to the media after the first Washington game and complained about not getting the ball; went to the media again before the SF game and complained about JG's offense; and, then started spreading dissension amongst his own team with accusations of a "secret conspiracy" between Witten and Romo.

How is that one man, TO, is capable of causing such fractionization and infighting wherever he goes? What kind of gravitas does he have when even the fans on message boards are fractionizing?

It's mind boggling.

DallasEast;2486461 said:
Excellent post.

There's only one conclusion. TO is really an ancient god disguised as a football player. How else can you explain the influence he has on so many.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bleu Star;2486467 said:
There's only one conclusion. TO is really an ancient god disguised as a football player. How else can you explain the influence he has on so many.
Owens is Loki personified, but on a serious note, I have yet to see why Witten is being criticized, but not exclusively, by Owens defenders.

khiladi

Reaction score

It's mind boggling.

The 'irony' is that the TO bashers are justifying Witten, if Witten did such a thing... How about they both were wrong?

BTW, the story is just BS...

ethiostar

Reaction score
khiladi;2486481 said:
The 'irony' is that the TO bashers are justifying Witten, if Witten did such a thing... How about they both were wrong?

BTW, the story is just BS...

Most people don't think they can have a lively discussion if they don't take sides and draw the battle lines.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2484981 said:
As it turns out, Terrell Owens’ suspicions regarding teammate Jason Witten might have been on the mark.

The talk in the Cowboys locker room is that Witten was one of the sources for Ed Werder’s recent ESPN item, which has sparked a firestorm within the organization.

Per a league source, center Andre Gurode and receiver Roy Williams called out Witten in a team meeting regarding their belief that he has been talking out of school to Werder, accusing Witten and/or his agent of feeding the information to Werder — as the song “Back Stabbers” played in the background.

According to our source (and it pains us to type this), Owens isn’t as bad as he’s made out to be in the media (i.e., by ESPN).

“Ed Werder didn’t make anything up,” the source said. “Witten or his agent gave the story.”

And here’s where it gets really interesting. Witten’s agent is Jimmy Sexton. And Sexton represents — you guessed it — former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells.

Parcells wanted no part of Owens, and presumably Parcells would love nothing more than to see the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs in the same year that Parcells is in the process of propelling the previously 1-15 Fins toward the postseason.

We’re not saying that Tuna has his finger in this one, after all he’s not the kind of guy who’d stick his nose in business that doesn’t pertain to him. We’re just pointing out the straight line from Witten to Sexton to Parcells, who by the way drafted Witten in 2003, the same year that Parcells signed Romo as an undrafted free agent.

Andre Gurode? He ain't got it in him. Sorry. RW11? Been here what, 6 weeks and you think he's gonna stir up things w/Witten? R-11 don't have that in him either, IMO.

So they brought in a boom box for a team meeting? Gurode looks over at Flozell, winks, and Flo hits the play button. Then Gurode and R-11 start callin' out Witten? Did they rap out the verbal assualt? Dance too? Were there back-up singers in Newman, Bradie and Zack?

Who choreographed this musical? Wade or Stew? I wanna know who's running the dance routines damnit!!

BTW - we're quickly running out of players to blame which is why I've always been a proponent of an 87 man roster.........Think ahead, people.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
Witten is a trouble maker and has to go. JAY WOULD NEVER PULL STUFF LIKE THIS WITH IRVIN!!!!!!!

PS: I know this is crazy talk but so is the get rid of T.O talk....

ethiostar

Reaction score
Seven;2486539 said:
Andre Gurode? He ain't got it in him. Sorry. RW11? Been here what, 6 weeks and you think he's gonna stir up things w/Witten? R-11 don't have that in him either, IMO.

So they brought in a boom box for a team meeting? Gurode looks over at Flozell, winks, and Flo hits the play button. Then Gurode and R-11 start callin' out Witten? Did they rap out the verbal assualt? Dance too? Were there back-up singers in Newman, Bradie and Zack?

Who choreographed this musical? Wade or Stew? I wanna know who's running the dance routines damnit!!

BTW - we're quickly running out of players to blame which is why I've always been a proponent of an 87 man roster.........Think ahead, people.

:laugh1::laugh1:

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
Seven;2486539 said:

Yeah your right it's not like Andre and Roy have minds of their own or anything... Do you know them personaly or is this just an uneducated guess?I mean if you can believe stories about T.O that can't be backed up then why not about witten? Because he is a clean cut white guy? I mean T.O has been as good a team mate as Witten since comming to Dallas so what is the difference? I think the writer was joking about music playing in the background... Writters do it all the time but nice way to use that as a way to discredit a story that shows what Witten really is.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Primetime0201;2486554 said:
Yeah your right it's not like Andre and Roy have minds of their own or anything... Do you know them personaly or is this just an uneducated guess?

Damn, dude. I even spotted you the IMO. Get it?

I mean if you can believe stories about T.O that can't be backed up then

You show me where I stated that I believed the stories about #81. I'll eat it.
Do it.

why not about witten? Because he is a clean cut white guy?

You can take that racist pony you wanna ride and shove it. I'm offended at the innuendo. Find somethong concrete or go away. DO NOT play the race card w/me.

I mean T.O has been as good a team mate as Witten since comming to Dallas so what is the difference?

You write this and then have the brass one's to post this:

"to discredit a story that shows what Witten really is"

You tell me what the difference is, Einstien. Seems you have one. I don't

I think the writer was joking about music playing in the background...

:eek: NO KIDDING?!? What was my attempt? Funny how you get their sense of humor and my simplistic version goes right over your puny little head.

Writters do it all the time but nice way to use that as a way to discredit a story that shows what Witten really is.

Why don't you tell us who Witten really is?

But first, let me quote you again:

"Do you know them personaly or is this just an uneducated guess?"

Now. Go ahead.

VACowboy

Reaction score
In my opinion, this is all on the coach. Say what ya want about Parcells' failure to win in December and Wade putting up 13 wins. There is absolutely zero discipline at Valley Ranch and that is a huge part of the problem. Wade's coaching philosophy might have helped the team to great success in the regular season last year, but when December and January rolled around and discipline and focus was needed, it wasn't there. (Parcells would have won a playoff game in '06 if it weren't for a freak play.) Do ydu really think it's a coincidence that Wade has never won a playoff game as a HC?

Anyway, I realize that Jerry probably doesn't allow Wade to make the disciplinary policies and decisions. Point is that we need a coach who has the juice to demand it (Cowher).

As far as the TO/Romo/Witten thing, I don't know how anyone can blast Witten. He's a tough team guy on a team that sorely lacks those. TO is just doing what he's always done.

khiladi

Reaction score
VACowboy;2486586 said:
In my opinion, this is all on the coach. Say what ya want about Parcells' failure to win in December and Wade putting up 13 wins. There is absolutely zero discipline at Valley Ranch and that is a huge part of the problem. Wade's coaching philosophy might have helped the team to great success in the regular season last year, but when December and January rolled around and discipline and focus was needed, it wasn't there. (Parcells would have won a playoff game in '06 if it weren't for a freak play.) Do ydu really think it's a coincidence that Wade has never won a playoff game as a HC?

Anyway, I realize that Jerry probably doesn't allow Wade to make the disciplinary policies and decisions. Point is that we need a coach who has the juice to demand it (Cowher).

As far as the TO/Romo/Witten thing, I don't know how anyone can blast Witten. He's a tough team guy on a team that sorely lacks those. TO is just doing what he's always done.

It was the offense that went into the crapper last year against the Giants... Blame it all on the offensive coaching...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because he is a clean cut white guy?
If the motivation behind this comment was based on favoritism shown towards another particular player, I wonder who that other player could be?

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2486594 said:
If the motivation behind this comment was based on favoritism shown towards another particular player, I wonder who that other player could be?
The motivation is that both players have had ALOT of success and both players have been NOTHING but team players since comming to Dallas. Yet people jump all over Owens when info that can't be backed up emerges through the media but when info about Witten comes up everyone says that it's BS and asks for proof.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Rampage;2485001 said:
he's worse than espn.

He is -- because he isn't held to any journalistic standards. PFT is essentially a "NATIONAL INQUIRER" for NFL talk. Like it or not, what ESPN reports -- not analysts opinions -- is probably true.

khiladi

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;2486615 said:
He is -- because he isn't held to any journalistic standards. PFT is essentially a "NATIONAL INQUIRER" for NFL talk. Like it or not, what ESPN reports -- not analysts opinions -- is probably true.

No it isn't... ESPN has no competition from a sport's broadcasting perspective to check what they report...

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
if it's true, that's fine. He can watch from the bench and Martellus Bennett can step in and step up in his place.

again, if true, it'd be ironic that the guy looked upon as the consumate professional would have torpedoed his own team...

OR he needs to fire his stupida** agent