PFT: Witten/Witten's Agent was Werders Source *Merge*

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
This is so stupid. Everyone can try to throw blame on T.O but this team was going down hill well before this even happened. So lets just pretend that this season was bad because of T.O and not because of Romo's bad play and Jason's bad play calling and Wade not picking up a good backup QB and Barber not playing with a baby toe sprain and the Oline not doing their job and the defense not finishing or heck not playing to the level they should untill 2 weeks ago. Yea it's all owens. lol I will be back after the Giants game.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ScipioCowboy;2486752 said:
...or his post-game comments following the Washington game.
We can keep naming examples. It won't do any good.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Primetime0201;2486774 said:
This is so stupid. Everyone can try to throw blame on T.O but this team was going down hill well before this even happened. So lets just pretend that this season was bad because of T.O and not because of Romo's bad play and Jason's bad play calling and Wade not picking up a good backup QB and Barber not playing with a baby toe sprain and the Oline not doing their job and the defense not finishing or heck not playing to the level they should untill 2 weeks ago. Yea it's all owens. lol I will be back after the Giants game.
Owens hasn't been exclusively blamed for the team's woes, but he is receiving either a fair or unfair amount of the blame. I ask you this one question:

"Why is that?"

VACowboy

Reaction score
Primetime0201;2486713 said:
Realy he is trying to get out of town? When did this happen? Has he thrown ROMO under the buss? I thought he just had a meeting with his coach? Is he doing situps on ESPN right now? thats funny because all I see is college basket ball.

I will repeat, yes, I absolutely believe he's been doing some of the stuff he's done in the past, which is a lot more than the couple incidents that I pointed out. It would not surprise me at all if he's griping about Romo and not getting enough balls thrown his way. It's not like he hasn't done that since he's been in Dallas.

You keep saying that "all he did was talk to some coaches." Do you know this for a fact or is it your opinion?

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2486785 said:
Owens hasn't been exclusively blamed for the team's woes, but he is receiving either a fair or unfair amount of the blame. I ask you this one question:

"Why is that?"
Because he is T.O...
Because Witten and others had to stir stuff up...
Because T.O made Werder look like an @$! all season...
Because we are having a bad season...
The reasons go on and on but it isn't because he had a meeting with his coach to talk about the strugling offense. Players have meetings with their coaches all the time when things are not going right it took someone making it more then it was and feeding it to the media for this to happen. Had Owens went on ESPN and stired all this up I would say fine he is at it again but when he has what is supposed to be a confidental meeting with one of his coaches I just don't see the problem other then the fact that his team mates turned it into something else and fed it to a member of the media that they know T.O has had a problem with all season. Or is it also just chance that the person who broke the story is the guy Owens has made and example of this year?

VACowboy

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2486752 said:
...or his post-game comments following the Washington game.

Exactly. And some people are surprised that folks believe TO is following his old pattern.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
DallasEast;2486778 said:
We can keep naming examples. It won't do any good.

And did we mention that Witten plays injured and actually assumes the blame for losses?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Primetime0201;2486797 said:

Yeah, because, you know....he's a stuff stirrer and all.

I hear he hasn't done any sit ups in his driveway, either.

Ridiculous.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
VACowboy;2486788 said:
I will repeat, yes, I absolutely believe he's been doing some of the stuff he's done in the past, which is a lot more than the couple incidents that you have chosen to point out. You keep saying that "all he did was talk to some coaches." Do you know this for a fact or is it your opinion?
You BELIEVE he is doing things? So do you know that for a fact or is that opinion? Because from the reports I have heard all they say is that T.O has gone to Jason and talked to him about Witten getting to many passes.
That is all that has been confirmed by anyone inside the Cowboys. Everything else is speculation and hear say.

VACowboy

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2486799 said:
And did we mention that Witten plays injured and actually assumes the blame for losses?

Blows me away how some people want to forget TO's turbulent past, everywhere he's been, but ignore Witten's past with the Cowboys.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Primetime0201;2486804 said:
You BELIEVE he is doing things? So do you know that for a fact or is that opinion? Because from the reports I have heard all they say is that T.O has gone to Jason and talked to him about Witten getting to many passes.
That is all that has been confirmed by anyone inside the Cowboys. Everything else is speculation and hear say.

For crapsake. I've stated multiple times that this is my opinion. I'm allowed.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
WAS WITTEN WERDER’S SOURCE?

Posted by Mike Florio on December 12, 2008, 5:09 p.m.
As it turns out, Terrell Owens’ suspicions regarding teammate Jason Witten might have been on the mark.
The talk in the Cowboys locker room is that Witten was one of the sources for Ed Werder’s recent ESPN item, which has sparked a firestorm within the organization.
Per a league source, center Andre Gurode and receiver Roy Williams called out Witten in a team meeting regarding their belief that he has been talking out of school to Werder, accusing Witten and/or his agent of feeding the information to Werder — as the song “Back Stabbers” played in the background.
According to our source (and it pains us to type this), Owens isn’t as bad as he’s made out to be in the media (i.e., by ESPN).
“Ed Werder didn’t make anything up,” the source said. “Witten or his agent gave the story.”
And here’s where it gets really interesting. Witten’s agent is Jimmy Sexton. And Sexton represents — you guessed it — former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells.
Parcells wanted no part of Owens, and presumably Parcells would love nothing more than to see the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs in the same year that Parcells is in the process of propelling the previously 1-15 Fins toward the postseason.
We’re not saying that Tuna has his finger in this one, after all he’s not the kind of guy who’d stick his nose in business that doesn’t pertain to him. We’re just pointing out the straight line from Witten to Sexton to Parcells, who by the way drafted Witten in 2003, the same year that Parcells signed Romo as an undrafted free agent.

alancdc

Reaction score
Rampage;2484995 said:
Parcells doesn't want to see us fail. just cause he doesn't like one player doesn't mean he wants the whole team to fail.

Jerrah chose TO over Bill. Do the math.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
tomson75;2486802 said:
Yeah, because, you know....he's a stuff stirrer and all.

I hear he hasn't done any sit ups in his driveway, either.

Ridiculous.

:lmao2:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Primetime0201;2486797 said:
Because he is T.O...
Because T.O made Werder look like an @$! all season...
Because we are having a bad season...
The reasons go on and on but it isn't because he had a meeting with his coach to talk about the strugling offense. Players have meetings with their coaches all the time when things are not going right it took someone making it more then it was and feeding it to the media for this to happen. Had Owens went on ESPN and stired all this up I would say fine he is at it again but when he has what is supposed to be a confidental meeting with one of his coaches I just don't see the problem other then the fact that his team mates turned it into something else and fed it to a member of the media that they know T.O has had a problem with all season. Or is it also just chance that the person who broke the story is the guy Owens has made and example of this year?

Or because he's a selfish idiot.