PFW Whisper: Roy Williams 11 Not Happy in Big D?

rkhaze

Reaction score
Just saw this on foxsports.com

Roy Williams not happy with Cowboys role?

Cowboys sources say WR Roy E. Williams is starting to show some frustration over the fact that he hasn't been used more in his three games with the club (three catches for 38 yards and one TD), which already has to raise doubts about a Williams-Terrell Owens pairing working over the long term. With so many mouths and egos to feed, it might be difficult for QB Tony Romo and coordinator Jason Garrett to make everyone happy. -- Pro Football Weekly

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Oh dear god.

Maybe he's frustrated because of the lack of even average qb play?

Wait till Romo returns, until then this is a non story.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cowboys sources reveal that everyone on the offense feels the same as Roy.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
WOW! Journalists will print anything to get their columns read. Brad/Brooks + lack of playbook knowledge have limited his role. I expect to see an expanded role in the coming weeks just in time for a playoff push.

Tex

Reaction score
With BJ throwing the ball WHO WAS HAPPY?

WR are expected to catch passes downfield and we had a QB only capable of swing passes.

for the love of gawd....

Tex

superpunk

Reaction score
CATCH17;2411315 said:
Cowboys sources reveal that everyone on the offense feels the same as Roy.
This. When Romo went down we handed the keys to this ferrari to an 87 year old Vietnamese woman. Frustration is inevitable.

Fortunately we can start to put that behind us.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Good, a bunch of hungry guys who want the ball. When it gets there, and it will, it better be caught, that's all! It's a rumor regardless but 1 I have no problem with. This guys getting paid and he wants to contribute. Sweet!

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
The original article.........

Saturday, November 8, 2008
John Niyo
Former Lion remains frustrated

Roy Williams is happy to be back home in Texas.

But nearly a month after he gained his freedom from Detroit, Williams isn't happy about his role with his new team, the Dallas Cowboys. The former Pro Bowl receiver, traded Oct. 14 for a package of draft picks, has caught just three passes in three games, and has been used mostly as a third-down possession receiver.

"It's frustrating for me, because I'm on the sidelines," Williams told reporters this week. "You can't do nothing on the sidelines."

Asked if he was possibly hurt, Williams replied, "Hurt? Yeah, my feelings."

He's not the only one grumbling, of course. As the Cowboys have struggled without starter Tony Romo (broken finger) the last few weeks, Terrell Owens has expressed his continuing frustration with the offense. The team went 1-2 in Romo's absence. And even in the lone bright spot, a 13-9 victory over Tampa Bay, it was ugly -- Dallas set a franchise record for fewest yards (172) in a victory.

"From here on out, all I can do is just run my routes and put what I do on film," said Owens, who has 136 receiving yards and one touchdown the last four games. "If I'm open and I don't get the ball, then I don't get the ball. There's nothing really I can do. I can't throw and catch the ball myself."

Williams, who signed a $45 million contract extension as Owens' heir apparent as the Cowboys' No. 1 receiver, sounds similarly resigned.

"I'm just doing my role -- that's my role (as the) third-down guy, red-zone guy," said Williams, adding that he hopes Romo's return will change things. "I'm on the sideline waiting. I feel like I'm in high school."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081108/OPINION03/811080347/1126/SPORTS0101

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
windward;2411313 said:
Oh dear god.

Maybe he's frustrated because of the lack of even average qb play?

Wait till Romo returns, until then this is a non story.
Yeah, he'll love Tony!. BJ reminds him too much of Detroit's QB's.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
That's weird, because I too am frustrated we can never get newly acquired players on the field.

But seriously, this is all BS. He doesn't like losing, you show me the guy on the team that isn't frustrated right now and I'll show you a guy that needs to be bagging groceries instead of playing a competitive sport.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
I don't blame him (or T.O.) one bit

with the **** we were trotting out there behind center, Ghandi himself would have blown up by now

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
romoakatruebeast;2411308 said:
Bull-**** Just Another Rumor To Start Some Drama..

God I Hate This Stuff
Agreed...I bet somebody at ESPN started it... Keychain or Woody I'm sure!

I'd be darned excited if I were RW11. FINALLY a chance to catch passes from a REAL NFL quarterback in Tony Romo!! This is just the beginning!!

aikemirv

Reaction score
Roy: Are you happy on the bench?

"No, it's frustrating"

duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Jerry: are you happy with youy 45 million dollar toy on the bench?

No, but it would not have made a difference anyway with granpa Johnson!:laugh2:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Galloway said Roy was frustrated after the game, but in a totally constructive "I wish I were farther along with the offense so I could be out there helping us win" way, NOT in a pouting or complaining way.

And you know how Galloway doesn't mind stirring things up. But in this case he said Roy wasn't being a problem or being disruptive in any kind of way. He actually talked as if it were a sign of Roy's competitiveness and a GOOD thing.

khiladi

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2411379 said:
Galloway said Roy was frustrated after the game, but in a totally constructive "I wish I were farther along with the offense so I could be out there helping us win" way, NOT in a pouting or complaining way.

And you know how Galloway doesn't mind stirring things up. But in this case he said Roy wasn't being a problem or being disruptive in any kind of way. He actually talked as if it were a sign of Roy's competitiveness and a GOOD thing.

And so is TO... I'm glad... Further, it puts pressure on the coaching staff as well, whether intentionally or unintentionally... If they aren't playing their best players, they need to be called out..

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
It's a shame Garrett's too stupid to use him.

He should be in every offensive snap by now.

alancdc

Reaction score
Speaking of offenseive frustration.......Being here in Charlotte funny watching the Panthers-Raiders game yesterday I thought we had traded Brad Johnson to Carolina the way Delhomme played. I hope Williams and TO will have success this week. We have to win this football game.