Phil Simms... how does he have a job?

Nexx

Reaction score
3 things just off the top of my head this guy made me think what hell is he watching/thinking?

1. on the TD run that got called back. he said the player who was clearly held, wasnt in position to make a difference on the play. well no duh!! its because he was held he couldnt get the runner.

2. crayton drop... yes the ball wasnt a perfect freakin spiral but it his crayton in his hands waist high. even jim nance questioned simms on this one.

3. felix made that run great. that cut he made was desvistating. he made the defense pause and with his cut and speed took it to the house. instead of giving credit to felix he blamed the bengals defense for being out of position, some good blocking and a nice cut put the defenders out of position.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Never liked Phil Simms as an announcer, period. Don't care what games he's calling, always found him nauseating.

Thankfully, the Baltimore game is on NFLN, so we don't have to hear from this clown again.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
CBS already spent alot of money on the Phil-osophy idea.

Cant afford to fire him now.

He was obviously biased for AFC, hope we don't get anymore CBS games.

WG5516

Reaction score
Hey also blamed our poor pass coverage on playing too much man to man coverage in previous games. LOL

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Nexx;2311935 said:
3 things just off the top of my head this guy made me think what hell is he watching/thinking?

1. on the TD run that got called back. he said the player who was clearly held, wasnt in position to make a difference on the play. well no duh!! its because he was held he couldnt get the runner.

2. crayton drop... yes the ball wasnt a perfect freakin spiral but it his crayton in his hands waist high. even jim nance questioned simms on this one.

3. felix made that run great. that cut he made was desvistating. he made the defense pause and with his cut and speed took it to the house. instead of giving credit to felix he blamed the bengals defense for being out of position, some good blocking and a nice cut put the defenders out of position.

There was also one where he said the cowboys defense was getting away with contact downfield, they showed the replay and the DB was just standing there while the WR ran into him and pushed off. Instead of correcting his obvious mistake, he just said something like "See, he's making contact beyond 5 yards".

Phil Simms sucks.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yesterday was probably the only time I heard talk negative about the Cowboys.

He is usually talking them up or atleast neutral.

BEMYDADJERRY

Reaction score
HAHAHHAHAH!!! NOT TO HIGHJACK YOUR THREAD....BUT HOW DOES
SHANON SHARPE HAVE A JOB......:bang2:

HE IS HORRIBLE NOT TO MENTION I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HIM....

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BEMYDADJERRY;2312054 said:

The guy sounds like has sinus issue in one nostril, a finger in the other and a mouth full of water and marbles.

Spectre

Reaction score
Phil Simms sucks all the life out of the game.

That 2nd half yesterday was actually pretty exciting and yet I found myself yawning and falling asleep.

He sucks.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
How about when they started talking about the 1985 season and the Dallas/Bengals game. Simms remembered the game he played against Dallas the next week. Nance was pushing Simms to elaborate and tell how many yards he had. Simms finally revealed that the Cowboys beat the Giants. Funny moment.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
The Cowboy hate is strong within him, I thought it was more funny. You can tell he would rather slit his wrist then give the Boyz a compliment, lol.

links18

Reaction score
I could have sworn I heard him make some sort of derogatory comment about the Spanish language at one point yesterday, when they were discussing "Ocho Cinco." I wasn't paying attention too closely at that moment, something like "need to speak a better language." Did anyone else catch that?

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
I can't stand Phil Simms, but I cringe when Aikman and Buck call our games also. I guess the only good annoucers are Madden and Michaels and I only like half of them. Oh for the days of Madden and Summerall!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2312262 said:
I can't stand Phil Simms, but I cringe when Aikman and Buck call our games also. I guess the only good annoucers are Madden and Michaels and I only like half of them. Oh for the days of Madden and Summerall!

Moose is better than all of those guys

Don Corleone

Reaction score
BEMYDADJERRY;2312054 said:

Shannon Sharpe will always have a job. You see, the Broncos logo was designed based on his mug. He's collecting royalties off of Broncos merchandise as we speak.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2312334 said:
Shannon Sharpe will always have a job. You see, the Broncos logo was designed based on his mug. He's collecting royalties off of Broncos merchandise as we speak.

I used to piss of a friend of mine that is a Broncos fan by saying the logo was a mix of Elway and Sharpe. :laugh2: