1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Twitter: Philbin in the crosshairs?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BAT, Sep 16, 2022.

1. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

11,250 Messages
    8,861 Likes Received
    Collins is a loser......but Philbin sucks too

2. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

5,720 Messages
    25,642 Likes Received
    Another player that leaves the Cowboys and calls into question, the coaching and the culture of the franchise. :facepalm:

:angry:and don't give me that crap about sour grapes.

It's sad but true :(

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  3. TheDude

TheDude McLovin

11,097 Messages
    9,382 Likes Received
    At least many fans, me included, didnt call this midway through last year

BAT likes this.
  4. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

19,243 Messages
    15,228 Likes Received
    Both can be true.

Both Philbin and Pollack suck.

5. Kingofholland

Kingofholland Well-Known Member

4,093 Messages
    4,217 Likes Received
    Yeah odd timing lol

6. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

20,862 Messages
    18,110 Likes Received
    I second this.

Dumping Philbin has been the low hanging fruit to improvement for years now.

Verdict, DuncanIso and Mr_437 like this.
  7. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

11,664 Messages
    13,058 Likes Received
    The offensive staff needs an overhaul including the HC. Also Coach Jerry needs to move out the way and let a OC come in and implement his scheme not the same offense from the 90s Jerry keeps holding on to.

8. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

11,138 Messages
    13,114 Likes Received
    Hope those 2 can win a championship like so many that get the chance once they leave here.

Carson likes this.
  9. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

8,030 Messages
    7,368 Likes Received
    Lol

Risen Star likes this.
  10. RodeoJake

RodeoJake Well-Known Member

3,504 Messages
    6,109 Likes Received
    More importantly, did he teach him to fail drug tests and try to bribe the tester?

11. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

29,155 Messages
    51,087 Likes Received
    Agreed. I was pulling for the Bengals all of the playoffs for Awuzie

12. Ekspozed

Ekspozed Well-Known Member

1,313 Messages
    1,587 Likes Received
    We need to upgrade our coaching staff. A new headcoach that does more than press conferences. An OC who has experience.
    An oline coach who can coach.
    His one success is Steele. We've drafted.multiple 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th round picks and it's amounted to nothing.
    Hopefully Tyler Smith is good despite him.

13. MMObserver

MMObserver Well-Known Member

152 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    Remember when Big Mac announced that he spent the entire 2019 offseason in the barn after getting canned by GB in November of 2018 and getting ZERO offers to coach after that season ended?

Remember how he supposedly studied up on the NFL (watching every play from the Cowboys' season, for example)?

Well all that studying up, somehow led Big Mac to conclude that multiple-time failure Mike Nolan was the best possible choice at Defensive Coordinator.

Additionally, had he been allowed, Big Mac would have no doubt hired Joe Philbin to be his Offensive Coordinator, but alas for Big Mac Jerry told him if he wanted the Cowboys' job then Kellen Moore was his OC and Big Mac responded by telling Jerry you got it boss no problem at all whatever it takes for me to get that contract.

So, of course, Big Mac just found another spot for Philbin (a guy who gravy-trained his role as Green Bay OC when they won the SB in 2010 into an unsuccessful 3-year run as head coach in Miami) as his Offensive Line coach.

And why would Big Mac hire Philbin out of all candidates to coach the OL?

The same reason he-hired Philbin to return to be his OC in Green Bay in 2018 (the year Big Mac got fired and Philbin succeeded him as interim head coach) and the same reason he hired Nolan; above all other considerations Big Mac wants coaches who will be as loyal and devoted to him as he is loyal and devoted to the man who writes his checks.

Whether these loyal and devoted coaches are any good is a secondary or tertiary concern to Big Mac.

Anybody ever checked the Big Mac coaching tree from his 13 years in Green Bay?

CWR, The Fonz, BAT and 2 others like this.
  14. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

11,138 Messages
    13,114 Likes Received
    He’s only a loser cause he was with this team

15. Fastpitch Dad

Fastpitch Dad Well-Known Member

1,247 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    Shows his true character in my opinion.

It has nothing to do with coaching Pollack has been fired many times too. Collins has 10x the talent of Steele, but has the mental make-up of a potato. He could easily be all-pro with his talent but chooses to skate by while getting paid.

I wouldn't put anything into what comes out of his mouth.

Verdict and 75boyz like this.
  16. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

10,865 Messages
    16,799 Likes Received

To be fair both Dak and Burrow will hang in the pocket and hold onto the ball a loooonnnng time waiting for routes to develop. I did not watch the Cincy game all that closely but the times I did switch over to it it looked as though Burrow had time.. but the routes were not breaking open quick enough. Unlike our game where Dak could have waited 10 minutes and nobody was getting open on most plays.. The Bucs had our offense diagnosed, there's really no two ways about it. The DBs were standing there waiting for our receivers to run to them. Their alignments in the secondary were simply excellent.. Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the other guy. Bowles devised a brilliant plan to counter Moore's offense.. and it worked, because Moore refused to make the adjustments to counter what the Bucs were doing.

maryquality and Hawkeye0202 like this.
  17. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

8,333 Messages
    10,827 Likes Received
    Anybody can clearly see the problem is the front office. how many more coaches and players need to fall on the sword?

18. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    23,624 Messages
    35,133 Likes Received
    Good stuff.

CWR and BAT like this.
  19. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

49,663 Messages
    33,471 Likes Received
    Funny part is cincy is probably the only Oline that is worse than ours.

Carson and chagus like this.
  20. TequilaCowboy

TequilaCowboy Well-Known Member

3,469 Messages
    4,704 Likes Received
    It's bad enough the delirious duo wanna hold onto their guys even when underperforming or useless, now they want to hold onto coaches too; like Philbin or Moore. Buddy system live and well in Big D. No wonder this thing is stuck in the mud.

BAT likes this.