Philip Rivers rips Marcus Peters interception call that sparked Ravens' rally past Colts

joseephuss

Reaction score
https://sports.yahoo.com/ridiculous...ling-leads-to-ravens-touchdown-203539322.html

Philip Rivers rips Marcus Peters interception call that sparked Ravens' rally past Colts

The Baltimore Ravens were struggling for much of the day Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts.

After the Ravens logged 55 yards of first-half offense, running back Gus Edwards fumbled in the red zone on the opening drive of the second half.

But a controversial call got them back into the game against a tough Indianapolis defense en route to a 24-10 victory.

jsb357

Reaction score
that call and the Chargers call will continue to drive fans away from the game.

also any team that lines up in a kick / punt formation should NOT be able
to benefit from an offensive penalty . The defense should be able to select
the result of the play or select a do over.

Can you imagine if the last play of the half Dallas vs Pittsburgh was the last play
of a Superbowl that changed the winner?

Flamma

Reaction score
also any team that lines up in a kick / punt formation should NOT be able
to benefit from an offensive penalty . The defense should be able to select
the result of the play or select a do over.

Can you imagine if the last play of the half Dallas vs Pittsburgh was the last play
of a Superbowl that changed the winner?

Can you explain this to me? I'm not sure what you're saying here. I can be a bit slow at times, mentally.

What happened to making a football move and securing the ball as you go to the ground? Ridiculous.

Securing the ball as you go to the ground is not a requirement anymore. They're saying he took 3 steps with the ball in possession, that's a football move. My issue, which I think a lot of people agree with, is that he never had total control of the ball. That's why he so easily lost it on the way down.

kskboys

Reaction score
Haven't seen this one yet. However, my conclusion is that it's time for completely new refs. There is much talk about exactly what is going on w/ the refs, but there is simply zero doubt that something is. If the NFL doesn't watch it, they're going to end up losing fans in a big way. At least 3 people I know quit the NFL after the NO debacle. Yes, they more the casual sort of fans.

Am I really the only one who thought the college refs were actually better during the ref strike?

kskboys

Reaction score
OK, it just loaded.

Holy crapp. Fire whomever made that call on replay. And let it be known that this will no longer be tolerated. Get some honest guys in here.

jsb357

Reaction score
Can you explain this to me? I'm not sure what you're saying here. I can be a bit slow at times, mentally.

watch the last two plays of the first half Dallas vs Pittsburg. both kick attempts

The kicking formation rules for offsides should not give the offense two or more tries to make a kick.

Flamma

Reaction score
watch the last two plays of the first half Dallas vs Pittsburg. both kick attempts

The kicking formation rules for offsides should not give the offense two or more tries to make a kick.

Oh I see what you're saying. Wasn't that a false start? Meaning the play never happened? So they really didn't get two kicks.

jsb357

Reaction score
Oh I see what you're saying. Wasn't that a false start? Meaning the play never happened? So they really didn't get two kicks.

NFL needs to get rid of the play never happened rule...

Imagine SB bowl next year

KC driving to win

PH fumbles snap Dallas recovers to seal the victory
but wait there is a false start so the play never happened.

5 yards penalty but KC drives to victory.

Flamma

Reaction score
NFL needs to get rid of the play never happened rule...

Imagine SB bowl next year

KC driving to win

PH fumbles snap Dallas recovers to seal the victory
but wait there is a false start so the play never happened.

5 yards penalty but KC drives to victory.

I know. I think it's the same as delay of game. A false start or delay of game is supposed to immediately get a whistle to stop play. Sometimes those plays go off. My best suggestion would be that refs more aggressively blow the whistle to stop play.