Philly Paper - Bob Ford: Eagles drafted Jalen Hurts because Carson Wentz hurts

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The article is about why he believe Philly drafted Hurts. The comment below is interesting. After Wentz got knocked out of the game, he did not know they were in the Playoffs. Concussions are scary. Reminds me of Aikman when he said he did not remember the game.

Wentz came to the sideline after completing the first-quarter series in which he absorbed a brutal helmet-to-helmet hit from Jadeveon Clowney. He sat on the bench next to backup Josh McCown and looked at a computer tablet branded along its border with the NFL Playoffs logo.

Wentz looked up. “Are we in the playoffs?” he asked McCown.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eag...-quarterback-nfl-draft-injuries-20200429.html

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
That maybe the reason they drafted Hurt.... anyhow i wish him well and good recovery

Flamma

Reaction score
To me it still isn't reason enough to waste your 2nd round pick. If you're worried about injury, get a solid backup. You know, like they did in 2017. Not a QB you have to develop. Is he even better than Nate Sudfeld?

EST_1986

Reaction score
The article is about why he believe Philly drafted Hurts. The comment below is interesting. After Wentz got knocked out of the game, he did not know they were in the Playoffs. Concussions are scary. Reminds me of Aikman when he said he did not remember the game.

Wentz came to the sideline after completing the first-quarter series in which he absorbed a brutal helmet-to-helmet hit from Jadeveon Clowney. He sat on the bench next to backup Josh McCown and looked at a computer tablet branded along its border with the NFL Playoffs logo.

Wentz looked up. “Are we in the playoffs?” he asked McCown.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eag...-quarterback-nfl-draft-injuries-20200429.html
This is the game the medical staff said he was cleared initially right?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get they wanted Qb insurance but Hurts? He is slow reading defenses and innacurate with the ball. He's not going to beat you with his arm. Great leadership qualities and can run with power...... He's Tim Tebow minus the legion of followers.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I get they wanted Qb insurance but Hurts? He is slow reading defenses and innacurate with the ball. He's not going to beat you with his arm. Great leadership qualities and can run with power...... He's Tim Tebow minus the legion of followers.

Sounds like a perfect replacement for Wentz. But not as good.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The Eagles are pathetic. Anyone with a GM named Howie freaking Roseman are a joke. Little dork from Brooklyn that’s probably never played a down in his life.

C42

Reaction score
The Eagles are pathetic. Anyone with a GM named Howie freaking Roseman are a joke. Little dork from Brooklyn that’s probably never played a down in his life.
Top 10 GM in the league. Top 5 in terms on salary cap management.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Top 10 GM in the league. Top 5 in terms on salary cap management.

LOL...your boy is -$50M next year. The last few years all he has done and continues to do it kick the can down the road. He and all the bird fans better hope the salary cap next year is not reduced. He sucks at the draft and as for acquiring talent, he had 1 good year. He is also responsible for the "Dream Team".

C42

Reaction score
LOL...your boy is -$50M next year. The last few years all he has done and continues to do it kick the can down the road. He and all the bird fans better hope the salary cap next year is not reduced. He sucks at the draft and as for acquiring talent, he had 1 good year. He is also responsible for the "Dream Team".
Every year the past two years y'all been saying something similar. We've been fine lol. The only key loss we had was Jenkins but we added more than we lost (on paper) yet again.

Hardline

Reaction score
I honestly believe the eagles thought Hurts was a third round target for the Cowboys and that played a factor in the eagles selecting him in the second.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Every year the past two years y'all been saying something similar. We've been fine lol. The only key loss we had was Jenkins but we added more than we lost (on paper) yet again.

Eventually every team has to pay the cap piper. We say this because we recognize what cap hell looks like as it took us years to escape. The ONLY escape is having top notch drafts for 3-4 years in a row and Philthy just can't make that claim or have everyone on the team take pay cuts and play for less (not realistic).

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Every year he keeps kicking the can down the road. Would you rather have Byron Jones, two additional draft picks, more cap space or Slay? Those two additional draft picks could have come in handy when attempting to trade up for Lamb.

John813

Reaction score
Jeez that's concerning.

I was told after my mild/major concussion that I repeated the same question for 30 minutes. Would get an answer and then ask it a few minutes later. Never lost conscious but I can't remember much from that day other than "waking" up at the hospital.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I agree. Serious matter.
I dont wish any ill on Wentz but if Philly lost several seasons floundering in irrelevancy because their QB retired early due to concussions....I wouldn’t feel bad for them.
I wish as much ill will on the Eagles as is possible, nothing personal to any individual player. I just absolutely hate that team, their fans, and their city.