Video: Phylliss George Found Out Roger Staubach Was a Playboy

plasticman

Reaction score
I went to high school with both Phyllis George and Shirley Cothran....Both Miss Americas.

And Andrea Sidor who won Miss Teen America

Phyllis lived around the corner from me.
Wow......What did you do when you left Denton and saw an ugly girl for the first time in your life? I'll bet Denton has an impressive population growth.

Swanny

Reaction score
Phyllis George, who with Jane Kennedy pioneered beautiful women sportscasters doing one on one interviews, died over the weekend.

However, it made me remember her most famous interview with Cowboys Playboy QB, Roger Staubach, stating he enjoys sex like any other Playboy.

At the end, Staubach brought out his three children and wife to prove it.

I so wish I had the pleasure of watching him play.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Roger had a bunch of girls. So, one time he asked Walt Garrison what he was doing to get a boy. Walt replied, "I don't know, but I'll tell you what, if you want to bring Mary Ann(Roger's wife) by the house, I'll try and get ya one."

Walt said Roger was POed at him for 5 years for that crack!!!

Bless his crazy old red neck heart!

Walt was the type you couldn't get mad at if you tried.

He'd keep you laughing so hard that it'd be practically impossible! ;)

plasticman

Reaction score
There are a couple parts of the great Roger Staubach’s personality that many may not know:
  • He was occasionally a trash talker. He threw some big time shade at the skins bench on several occasions over the years. In a reg season game against the Rams, Roger got sacked by a rams defender at the end of a game where the rams were beating us. Roger jumped up and said, “We’ll see you chokers in the playoffs”. The next time we played the rams was in the ‘75 NFC Championship game and we upset them 37-7. Roger let them know he remembered that sack.

• He was really funny- Staubach had a very dry sense of humor. He was known to make teammates laugh in the huddle to keep things loose. When asked if he had ever seen the stoic Tom Landry laugh, he once quipped, “No but I’ve only been here 5 years.”
The greatest Cowboy was/is a great person too. That interview with Phylis George was a classic.
She was a trailblazer. RIP Phylis Goeorge.
That's why!

Ever since I was 18 I always wondered why Roger Staubach had that expression on his face during the national anthem of that NFC championship game. He looked just like he was ready to walk out on that field for a fistfight.

Another trait of Roger's. He was the most competitive person that we will ever know. He absolutely despised losing. Challenged Bob Hayes to a race and lost. Kept challenging Bob Hayes to race again and again until he won the 30th race that day.

Was throwing hoops with Troy Aikman. Missed 3 of his first 5 and then declared that practice shots were now over and the next ones counted.

Threw a ping pong paddle at an offensive lineman who beat him in the game.

It's a good thing Roger's life had been grounded in Christianity and Roger had learned self discipline at the academy, otherwise he would have been unable to effectively submerge that part of his personality.

Even back at the academy he was known for practical jokes and being a prankster.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I so wish I had the pleasure of watching him play.
The way fans ooo'd and ahhhh'd over Romo, was 1,000 times more for Roger with me....you had to be there.....he was a heck of a competitor and leader.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
its not "fake", the poster made a mistake. Thats not what fake means. Sorry, Im just sensitive how in 2017 some guy changed the meaning of that word changed and the whole world is going along with it
Sure it's fake.
He portrayed one thing that was not at all reality. It was fake.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I recall watching both of those interviews back in the day.

Namath was my 1st big NFL idol as a kid. Well before Roger came on the scene and was of course a Cowboy favorite.

Namath was a true Playboy. A cultural icon of that era. I begin growing sideburns and wearing white cleats because of Broadway. What a great pure passer of that era.

Roger was a fuddy dud. Good ole Christian boy who always said and did the right things.

These two characters couldn’t be more opposite personalities off the field.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phyllis George, who with Jane Kennedy pioneered beautiful women sportscasters doing one on one interviews, died over the weekend.

However, it made me remember her most famous interview with Cowboys Playboy QB, Roger Staubach, stating he enjoys sex like any other Playboy.

Phyllis George was very beautiful and she was a good media person.

Zordon

Reaction score
Phyllis was on the board of Cloyce Box's O&G company along with Roger and Doak Walker. Cloyce owned the original Southfork Ranch in Frisco. So she kept good company. It pays to be involved with football in Dallas, TX.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
My uncle played football at the Naval Academy and was his team mate. I was thrilled to meet Roger. He made such an impression on me that I decided that day that I wanted to be a football player. My dream came true when I earned a scholarship and played at Rutgers for four years. It all started with meeting Roger after a game. Growing into a 6'4", 245 pound muscle-bound body helped too, lol.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
lol smooth.

BN5v43o.gif
:D

CoachD

Reaction score
By far the greatest pregame show of ALL Time you young kids have no idea how good The NFL Today pregame show was on CBS. My dad would tell me to come get him when Jimmy the Greek would give his picks.

cej757

Reaction score

Jayne Kennedy was the most beautiful woman on the planet back in the 70's.:omg: