PI on Lewis

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1st off, hate the call.
2nd, was anyone else screaming for a delay of game call against Oakland?
I hated the call.

I don't remember what you are referring to in regards to delay of game. I'll review it.

Alohawg1

Reaction score
At the time I thought Lewis panicked, still think that. Maybe he'll learn to look back for and locate the ball.
On a side note: Anthony Brown would have to catch a 1000 passes after practice every day until I said otherwise if I were the coach.

Zman5

Reaction score
At the time I thought Lewis panicked, still think that. Maybe he'll learn to look back for and locate the ball.
On a side note: Anthony Brown would have to catch a 1000 passes after practice every day until I said otherwise if I were the coach.

Brown was doing his best TWill impression. Maybe TWill was giving him pass catching pointers before the game.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was PI. Crabtree made a heads up play to draw the contact. Not sure how Carr kept escaping the pocket all night.
I agree with this. If it had been Bryant, everyone would be saying he got mugged and the flag was justified.

I never understand why players hand-check on long throws given the risk of pass interference being so high since you are isolated and everyone, including the referees, have their eyes glued on you. The defender should focus on the ball, not the receiver when it's that deep of a throw.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do super fast and athletic guys play CB instead of WR? Because the can't catch...

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Probably the right call based on how it’s been called the last few years. I still don’t like it. QBs can under throw it and if the WR even acts like they are going back to the ball, it’s going to be PI. When a WR just stops right in a DBs path, there’s nothing they can do. Either stop to abound a PI and let them make an easy catch or risk a PI.

DrunkWithPower

Reaction score
Why do super fast and athletic guys play CB instead of WR? Because the can't catch...
Agree 100%. If I remember correctly we had at least 3 chances for interceptions during the game and our players dropped them. The last would have sealed the game. It is inexplicable how you can miss such easy catches when you're paid like gods to do one thing - play football. Crap, give me $20 and a beer and I can catch those all day long.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I hate that PI is a spot foul. It's dumb that PI can decide a game. Make it a 15 yard penalty. Bring Defense back to the NFL
I agree. A lot of folks were whining about the touchback on a fumble out of the endzone....but I think a spot foul PI is one of the worst penalties in the NFL. No way should a team get 50 yards on a penalty.

I understand that there would be teams mugging WRs when they get beat. But a 15 yard auto first down penalty works in college and HS. Why not the NFL?

Swanny

Reaction score
I agree. A lot of folks were whining about the touchback on a fumble out of the endzone....but I think a spot foul PI is one of the worst penalties in the NFL. No way should a team get 50 yards on a penalty.

I understand that there would be teams mugging WRs when they get beat. But a 15 yard auto first down penalty works in college and HS. Why not the NFL?
I'd rather see the mugging as part of the game. Bring Defense back.