Pick number 16 next year. QB or WR?

Scotman

Reaction score
If we aren't at the top of the draft and neither position has a drastic falling player, do you take a QB or a WR?

At this point, I think I'd take a QB even if they were the 3rd or 4th one off the board.

visionary

Reaction score
If we aren't at the top of the draft and neither position has a drastic falling player, do you take a QB or a WR?

At this point, I think I'd take a QB even if they were the 3rd or 4th one off the board.

You trade up for a QB or find one in FA

When will you guys learn ?

Unless you have a real HC and a franchise QB the rest is meaningless

lk8701

Reaction score

No QB that low. Only blue chip QBs. We had the 4th pick in the 2016 draft. We should have moved up for Goff or Wentz.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score

We will be closer to the top 10 than the middle of the draft this year.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll take Grier.

Really going to be interesting to see how scouts start to view this QB class. I've read some chatter that some think there is no elite QB in this class or maybe just Herbert.

Stidham has fallen off the map. Lock has looked better. I like Grier but always worry about these spread dudes making the transition to the NFL.

John813

Reaction score
Really going to be interesting to see how scouts start to view this QB class. I've read some chatter that some think there is no elite QB in this class or maybe just Herbert.

Stidham has fallen off the map. Lock has looked better. I like Grier but always worry about these spread dudes making the transition to the NFL.

Same. Tad concerned with Grier in that regard too. But sadly it's just the way a lot of college offenses are going. While my team still runs the ******* triple 1920's option.
Thinking if we can get a forward thinking HC/OC with Grier, then it'll help his chances of not being a bust.

cowboyec

Reaction score
DT DreMont Jones,Ohio St.
if he's gone....WR.

if we end up in the top 10 tho...all bets are off...and Im looking hard at Herbert.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Don't you want to know who the players are?
:huh:

Sydla

Reaction score
Same. Tad concerned with Grier in that regard too. But sadly it's just the way a lot of college offenses are going. While my team still runs the ******* triple 1920's option.
Thinking if we can get a forward thinking HC/OC with Grier, then it'll help his chances of not being a bust.

I've said my offseason plan is simple...........

Hire a new coach
Let him pick his QB

Pretty simple.

I mean IMO a new head coach who can pick his QB is walking into a pretty decent situation. He'll have a better than average defense, a good OL and a running back. That would be an ideal situation to then ease a young QB in.

But this front office will surely screw it up. They'll probably give Garrett another pass, make some coaching changes (like blame Linehan), spend early picks on WRs and TEs and think Prescott will just get infinitely better.

I am nauseous.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
The NFL is moving towards a spread anyways. I think Grier will be fine. If he doesn't succeed, it won't because he ran a spread in college.

Grier reminds me of Drew Brees when he was entering the draft.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
We'll draft a left tackle or linebacker to replace the cap-motivated cuts of Sean Lee and/or Tyron Smith.

Look at the cap savings!

Look at how young our roster is!!!

Stephen Jones is killing it!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I think Lock will be the #2 QB and probably go in the top 5-10. He has made improvements this year in his short/med range passing and is a big time deep passer.

If we are out on Herbert, Lock is my guy. I do like Grier as well. However I think both need the Mahomes treatment. Which Im fine with

jay94

Reaction score
Likely receiver if this is the case, we would have to give up the farm for a qb. 16 is a fair prediction though.

DiResta

Reaction score
Deionte Thompson safety
even if they pick up Earl
if the offense is falling all over it's self, maybe having a strong defense would be a nice consolation

besides, like Sydla said a new coach may want a different guy running his offense
even if they don't like the QBs available this year, a good coach can take a guy like Fitzpatrick or Foles, Keenum, etc.. and win games especially with a strong defense and run game

I'd like a shiny new qb with great arm and football iq but I wouldn't trade the farm for a best of the rest guy
I'd rather spend it on elite talent for defense or receiver/tightend, then get "the" guy you know can carry your franchise even if it means waiting
at least when you draft him, he'd still have a great line and hopefully elite talent to throw to

cowboyec

Reaction score
N'Keal Harry,WR-Az State
Noah Fant,TE-Iowa
I'm more than ok with either one....and JJ it looks aint takin a QB.