Pitts is a luxury we can't afford

stiletto

Reaction score
Being ignorant is one thing, staying ignorant is what fools do. Dont stay ignorant. I even went out of the way to find an article to educate you as you clearly have no clue about the game.

You must be some 13 year old kid just learning about the game. Its the only explanation for your ignorance.

I'm off the Pitts thing simply because EVERYONE is saying you don't pass on him. I hate that. I'd rather be different. Just the way I roll. I am not a Parsons guy but geez our LB'ers suck to high heaven. I am open-minded at this point.

RS12

Reaction score
Lol! Plead your case to Jerry. FWIW I think he is off the board quickly and I really hope we don't give up the farm to move to 4.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
But if they wanted to go all in for the 2021 season, they would draft Pitts, go heavy defense with the rest of their picks and then go out and get an impact free agent that would help make this a viable defense to go along with what would be an outstanding offense. Then we'd be cooking with gas!!! What say you?

If his "once a generation" billing is true, Pitts is a *long term* value play, not a "win now" play. He's a bad fit *now* for our needs. Though I think trading Gallup out for Pitts is a big upgrade to the base offense just for this year.

But a bigger impact is trading would be trading the 10 back and getting some rookie defensive starters. Could get 3 guys in the 2nd with a couple of trade backs. That's a lot of impact on a defense in dire need of upgrades.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm off the Pitts thing simply because EVERYONE is saying you don't pass on him. I hate that. I'd rather be different. Just the way I roll. I am not a Parsons guy but geez our LB'ers suck to high heaven. I am open-minded at this point.

If Pitts is there and no one is there and we cant trade down, by all means. But if you have a shot at the first or second defender off the board or Sewel then go for it. HAVE to fill a high need here with a top 10 pick. May not get this chance again for a while.

Cant be using top 10 picks on RB's, TE's, Safeties, Guards, ect...ect.....

stiletto

Reaction score
If Pitts is there and no one is there and we cant trade down, by all means. But if you have a shot at the first or second defender off the board or Sewel then go for it. HAVE to fill a high need here with a top 10 pick. May not get this chance again for a while.

Cant be using top 10 picks on RB's, TE's, Safeties, Guards, ect...ect.....

I really don't think Pitts will be there. I think it would be great if the #1 Defender in the draft is really the best pick. That would be ideal or trade back and get 2 guys that will immediately upgrade a couple scrubs.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Pitts and Sewell won't fall to us but if that happens we should pick Sewell. If it's just Pitts then we should pick him.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
i bet you wore Underroos in high school!!!
Vintage-Original-1978-Superman-Underoos-Underwear-DC-comics.jpg

irishline

Reaction score
You don’t draft with short term thinking

So drafting a corner isn’t going to make us that much better if at all unless they somehow have a Richard Sherman type of impact but that player most likely won’t have any real impact being a rookie and all.

So which one is it? Your first post says you don't draft for short term. Your next says don't draft someone because they won't likely have an impact as a rookie.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
QB, LT, CB, DE are the 4 prime positions in football.

Once again you show that you know nothing at all about football.

Here, educate yourself about the game: https://www.blitzalytics.com/post/most-valuable-positions-in-the-nfl

Even a broken clock is right twice a day and you arent even right that much. Wrong EVERY time.

If you actually said something that was accurate, I would be so thrilled I would give you a like. Only it NEVER happens.
Just because you agree with this article doesn't mean everyone needs to agree with it. For instance, a running back is not one of the top five prime positions. But you'd look foolish trying to convince posters than Emmitt Smith was not a prime piece of the 90's dynasty.

Having a super star at any position makes that position a prime position.
Players like Aaron Donald, Ray Lewis, Zack Martin and Michael Irvin didn't or don't play prime positions, according to this article. But their stardom makes them prime players a necessity to their team's success. So any time you get a chance to draft a no-miss super star you take it.

P.S. our defense will more than likely have to go through a complete metamorphosis to become another doomsday defense. Luckily, having a powerhouse offense and an average defensive just might do the trick.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
THOSE were freakin' awesome...I don't care what anyone thinks.....LOL
Shoot, I'm sporting them right now! About to walk the dags!
Drop the kryppy krypto on me, you wanna stop me!