Reaction score
Safety-Rapp
1-Tech-Saunders
3-Tech-Wren
DE-Ferguson
WR-Deebo (McLaurin close second)
OT-Deiter
G-Dru Samia
TE-Kahale Warring (truth is it would be high but just changing it up) Sternberger and Smith Jr would he nice as well
Other-Rock Ya-Sin
Trade Down.-why not?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Yep
Safety-Rapp
WR-Deebo
Other-Rock Ya-Sin

Do not want at all
1-Tech-Saunders
DE-Ferguson

Seems high
3-Tech-Wren
WR-McLaurin
OT-Deiter
G-Dru Samia
TE-Kahale Warring

I like Wren but he doesn't make a ton of plays. I felt like there weren't a ton of elite level Pac12 O Linemen this year and he should have wreaked havoc.

I also think there's a big gap between Deebo Samuel and McLaurin.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Safety-Rapp
1-Tech-Saunders
3-Tech-Wren
DE-Ferguson
WR-Deebo (McLaurin close second)
OT-Deiter
G-Dru Samia
TE-Kahale Warring (truth is it would be high but just changing it up) Sternberger and Smith Jr would he nice as well
Other-Rock Ya-Sin
Trade Down.-why not?

Thanks for the info, Mountie...:cool:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I've had a feeling that Deebo is our guy at #58.

Just so hard to get a realistic feel for what will happen 57 times before we pick.

Some players who I like and might be there are:

WR Deebo Samuel South Carolina
WR Hakeem Butler Iowa State
WR Parris Campbell Ohio State
TE Irv Smith, Jr. Alabama
TE Jace Sternberger Texas A&M
DE LJ Collier TCU (but was really disappointed with his limited athletic ability)
S Juan Thornhill Virginia
S Jonathan Abram Mississippi State
S Nasir Adderley Delaware
S Taylor Rapp Washington
S Amani Hooker Iowa
CB Rock Ya-Sin Temple
CB Lonnie Johnson Kentucky

I really want a D Lineman but I think the good ones will all be long gone by pick 50.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I've had a feeling that Deebo is our guy at #58.

Just so hard to get a realistic feel for what will happen 57 times before we pick.

Some players who I like and might be there are:

WR Deebo Samuel South Carolina
WR Hakeem Butler Iowa State
WR Parris Campbell Ohio State
TE Irv Smith, Jr. Alabama
TE Jace Sternberger Texas A&M
DE LJ Collier TCU (but was really disappointed with his limited athletic ability)
S Taylor Rapp Washington
S Amani Hooker Iowa
CB Rock Ya-Sin Temple
CB Lonnie Johnson Kentucky

I really want a D Lineman but I think the good ones will all be long gone by pick 50.

Yep

Do not want at all

Seems high

I like Wren but he doesn't make a ton of plays. I felt like there weren't a ton of elite level Pac12 O Linemen this year and he should have wreaked havoc.

I also think there's a big gap between Deebo Samuel and McLaurin.

Only picked the TE as an alternate name to Sternberger and Smith who might actually fall to 58.
I think people are sleeping on McLaurin he is a better player than Campbell and almost as good an athlete. I chose Deebo over him but they are not that far apart in my opinion. Both great route runners, Deebo has advantage of having return ability, but McLaurin is a ST demon.

John813

Reaction score
None really outside of the STs, LB and RB.

If a good WR is there, take em. Would be fine with Humphries, Morgan JR or Isabella. TE? Fine with me. Offensive Tackle with real upside? sure. L. Collins could walk next offseason.

morasp

Reaction score
I like the way the FO identifies a group of players that may fall to us and then takes the one they like the best. Using the NFL.com player tracker Here is a short list of players that I wouldn't mind at 58, two of them are rated higher that 58 and one is after.

Dre'mont Jones DL Ohio St. Grade 5.84 Ranked # 52
Overview
Jones is an extremely athletic one-gapping three-technique with the ability to play a disruptive brand of football on all three downs. His potential has never been in doubt, but in 2018 the production finally matched the talent. His body type and playing style will open him up to more feast-or-famine snaps than some of the other defensive tackles in this draft, but in the right scheme, he can become part of a swarm unit that plays on the other side of the ball.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dre'mont-jones?id=32194a4f-4e26-3738-301d-a05e4abae41c

Taylor Rapp S Washington Grade 5.91 Ranked #39
Overview
Versatile three-year starter who combines tenacity with football intelligence to play at a consistently high level. Rapp isn't big, but he's well-built and durability hasn't been a concern despite his physical nature as a striker. He played all over the field this year and might be best-suited in a mix between down safety and two-high looks with the ability to cover tight ends. His coverage talent is average, but his run support effort and open-field tackling are clearly defined strengths that make him a relatively safe selection.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/taylor-rapp?id=32195241-5050-5098-ef4c-235f382d663d

Of all the safeties I looked at on youtube Rapp really stood out. Watch him beat an offensive tackle on a safety blitz at about 4:20 in this video.

Zach Allen DL Boston College Grade 5.79 Ranked # 71
Overview
Hard-charging defensive end who calls on initial quickness, play strength and outstanding instincts to counter his lack of length and athleticism. Allen's toughness and ability to diagnose quickly could allow him to play early as a run defender, but limitations as a rusher could push him inside on passing downs. He has average starter's potential and could be in consideration by odd or even fronts at defensive end.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/zach-allen?id=3219414c-4c65-6181-7c3f-ad7870f8ae61

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
DEs
Jaylon Ferguson,La Tech
Jachi Polite,Florida...if he drops
Zach Allen,Boston College
Austin Bryant,Clemson
LJ Collier,Tcu
Anthony Nelson,Iowa...rd2/rd3
Charles Omenihu,Texas...rd2/rd3

DTs
Dre'Mont Jones,Ohio St
Renell Wren,Az St
Greg Willis,Miami
Khalen Saunders,W Illinois

S
Taylor Rapp,Washington
Jonathan Abram,Ms State
Juan Thornhill,Virginia

WR
Deebo Samuel,South Carolina

TE
Noah Fant,Iowa...rd1/rd2
Irv Smith,Alabama

Beaker42

Reaction score
Anything less than this fanspeak simulation will upset me.

58: R2P26

WR DK METCALF
OLE MISS
90: R3P26

S JUAN THORNHILL
VIRGINIA
128: R4P26

EDGE ANTHONY NELSON
IOWA
136: R4P34

DL RENELL WREN
ARIZONA STATE
165: R5P27

CB JUSTIN LAYNE
MICHIGAN STATE
241: R7P27

RB ELIJAH HOLYFIELD
GEORGIA
Not a fan of Layne. Better CB’s in draft.

cristglo

Reaction score
S Taylor Rapp Washington
DT Dre'Mont Jones,Ohio St
DT Renell Wren,Az St
DT Gerald Willis, Miami
DE/DT/ Zach Allen,Boston College
DE Jaylon Furgeson,
DE Charles Omenihu,Texas...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Safety- Juan Thornhill
1-Tech- Khalen Saunders
3-Tech- Dre'Mont Jones
DE- L.J. Collier
WR- Deebo Samuel
OT- None
G- None
TE- Dax Raymond

Yes, I realize some of these won't make it.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
1-Tech- Khalen Saunders
Another one I'm not high on.

Agree with the rest of the list. I'd add Michigan State corner Justin Layne but he seems to be ascending right now.

What's your take on the other safeties? Abram and Gardner-Johnson may be gone at 58. Too early for Savage?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Another one I'm not high on.

Agree with the rest of the list. I'd add Michigan State corner Justin Layne but he seems to be ascending right now.

What's your take on the other safeties? Abram and Gardner-Johnson may be gone at 58. Too early for Savage?
I disagree with you about Saunders. I like him and think he has some upside.

Sydla

Reaction score
I know Cobb is a one year deal but I think it would be kind of silly to take Deebo at 58, especially since we have added zero impact players at DE, DT or S in FA and I suspect there will be one of those guys at 59 that matches the value of Deebo.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I know Cobb is a one year deal but I think it would be kind of silly to take Deebo at 58, especially since we have added zero impact players at DE, DT or S in FA and I suspect there will be one of those guys at 59 that matches the value of Deebo.

I think it would be silly to take Deebo even if we didn’t grab Cobb.

If we want a 3rd WR / player get them later in the draft.

cristglo

Reaction score
What happened?
They said he had a really bad pro day was very slow had a bad vertical. His 3 cone drill they had to re do several times because he kept slipping. They had it own twitter and he looked bad. Said he put on 20 lbs.