Players at 58 That Wont Upset You

cnuball21

Reaction score
I disagree with you about Saunders. I like him and think he has some upside.

I’m changing my tune a bit on Saunders. I originally mocked him to us in the 2nd, but thinking that’s a bit rich now.

I love the pass rush upside, but after watching him more I’m worried about his ability to anchor...especially against his level of comp.

Sandyf

Reaction score
QB - Prescott, Rush, White ... Won’t spend on 58
RB - Zeke, Jackson, Churn, Austin ... Can find this late or and UDFA or could trade a late 2020 pick for Duke Johnson
FB - Olawale ... Just signed for a few seasons
WR- Cooper, Gallup, Hurns, Wilson, Smith, Cobb, Lenoir, Austin, Brown ... nobody will pass Cooper and Gallup. Have to be a guy that really falls or maybe huge upside like Miles Boykin
TE - Witten, Jarwin, Schultz, Gathers ... Witten won’t be here long. Only if a guys falls but more likely a late pick or UDFA
T - Smith, Collins, Fleming ... If Collins leaves next year, Fleming will slide in, they will draft one but probably 3rd day
G - Williams, Martin, Su'a Filo. Ehinger... They have Williams as the LG starter who could slide to RT if necessary
C - Frederick, Looney ... If Frederick is truly well, no need.

DT - A. Woods, C. Covington, Ross, Hyder, M. Collins, Crawford - If McDowell is signed then doubt one until 3rd day, if not could see early
DE - Lawrence, Gregory, Taco, Alexander - IF Lawrence resigned, IF Quinn traded for, IF Gregory comes back early then a lesser concern, right now #1 problem area
LB - Vander Esch, Smith, Lee, Thomas, Covington, March-Lillard, Quiero - game, set, match although Darius Harris is either a late pick or UDFA they like
CB - Awuzie, Jones, Brown, Lewis, Goodwin, Decoud, Olumba - look for a guy late or UDFA to compete, could see Brown or Lewis trade draft day
S - X. Woods, Iloka, Heath, Frazier, Thompson, Showers - based on the 30 visits, safety is looking like a guy we try and get

Could be an interesting Friday night of draft weekend coming up.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Anything less than this fanspeak simulation will upset me.

58: R2P26

WR DK METCALF
OLE MISS
90: R3P26

S JUAN THORNHILL
VIRGINIA
128: R4P26

EDGE ANTHONY NELSON
IOWA
136: R4P34

DL RENELL WREN
ARIZONA STATE
165: R5P27

CB JUSTIN LAYNE
MICHIGAN STATE
241: R7P27

RB ELIJAH HOLYFIELD
GEORGIA
The Fanspeak simulation is responsible for oh-so-many-disappoints.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I disagree with you about Saunders. I like him and think he has some upside.
I agree. Saunders will be a real good player in the NFL. I hope he is on our team. If not, he will make a name for himself. He just is hard to move, is short and very stocky. He is one of those DT that just clogs the middle all the time making it hard on offenses. He is what we lack. He next to Woods would be a real good DT tandem.

RS12

Reaction score
I dont get the question. I dont wanna not be upset, I'd like an instant contributor particularly on defense, I dont think that is asking too much.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I dont get the question. I dont wanna not be upset, I'd like an instant contributor particularly on defense, I dont think that is asking too much.
At #58, you are likely not going to get that unfortunately.

I have a feeling the guy they take will make people scratch their heads because we already have guys there.

If they do things right, they draft a 2020 starter at a position where they know they are losing someone.

cnuball21

Reaction score
At #58, you are likely not going to get that unfortunately.

I have a feeling the guy they take will make people scratch their heads because we already have guys there.

If they do things right, they draft a 2020 starter at a position where they know they are losing someone.

With how often we rotate our DL, and play Dike defense...a DT / DE / S may not be an instant starter but they could come in and eat a lot of snaps as a rookie and make plays.

We can draft for now and the future.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

The #1 answer in this thread is Thornhill. If we draft Thornhill, most won’t be upset...

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
@58...my short list

Jeffery Simmons DT Mississippi St.
Jerry Tillery DT Notre Dame
Rock Ya-Sin CB Temple
Johnathan Abram SS Mississippi St.
Nasir Adderley FS Delaware
Taylor Rapp FS Washington
Juan Thornhill FS Virginia

Flamma

Reaction score
What position do they play? Every year I rely on Zoners for draft insight because I don’t watch enough college football to study specific players.

Zack Allen, DT, projected early to mid 2nd. Simmons, DT, mid to late round 1st. I'd probably go with Lawrence over him. Gerald Willis? Another DT just not as impressive. Late 2nd rounder possibly 3rd. Thornhill is a Safety. Don't know much about him other than he should be there late in the 2nd.

Flamma

Reaction score
The #1 answer in this thread is Thornhill. If we draft Thornhill, most won’t be upset...

I might be upset. Thornhill will probably be there at 58. No problem. I'll be upset if there is a player that dropped at the defensive line and we still picked Thornhill.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I get why people like Zach Allen, he is probably one of the safer bets going in the second day of the draft. My problem is his ceiling is so low it just wouldn’t excite me in the least.
Much rather Ledbetter late than Allen so early.