Players Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2019

gmoney112

Reaction score

I have never watched this player until today.

Now I have, I am very intrigued.

Same.

He's looking really good at the Senior Bowl from reports too. 4th round target.

Wren is also a target for our 2nd rounder probably, dude is supposedly a freak. I'm guessing he got double teamed a lot at ASU, with his production. He came into the Senior Bowl at 315 and is supposedly beating up on people. He'd be a 3-technique here. Makes him a solid prospect to watch, but he's going to fly up draft boards now. Still, a pretty deep class so should probably keep an eye on him.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Both are 1Tech types no? Wren might be versatile enough to play a 5Tech. Neither are known for pass rushing.
Not a fan of this player at all (Gaines). He really struggles to disengage from blockers.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Mack in the third? Absolutely not.

He is a former five star recruit that underachieved for four years. Now he is suddenly turning it on? Sounds your typical goldbricking NFL free agent to be.

Maybe, but maybe he also wants the big payday in four years. He also seemed to take to Jimbo Fisher, and maybe there was a personality clash with the previous regime. Either way, the guy had tremendous tools and well worth a late third rounder.

cristglo

Reaction score
Sense were tossing out names, I watched scouting report a few days back and heard these tossed out, seems Dexter Lawrence has slipped due to a weed incident, but watching him on film, dude can be a beast and he is a big ole middle clogging body. Would we here on these forums have a step back moment IF he is there in the 2nd?
5 other names I heard tossed out were Andy Isabella WR UMASS( but they expect him to go early and not be there when we do draft) Jace Sternberger TE A&M ( kid looks great on film) Trayvon Williams RB A&M ( possible scat back option to Zeke) Jaquan Johnson S Miami ( not sold on his size, and there hopefully will be better in FA) And this kid Cole Tracy K LSU ( as someone to compete with Maher....kid has a good leg!! AND actually HITS from inside 50...

like to hear what you think of these names...and granted, this is all based on IF any of these guys are there at what the 58th pick in the 2nd I believe.
Andy Isabella WR is really fast thoughy Penny is showing good signs at SR bowl practices. Trayvon Williams I really like and could be a Hines type of back for us.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Andy Isabella WR is really fast thoughy Penny is showing good signs at SR bowl practices. Trayvon Williams I really like and could be a Hines type of back for us.

Isabella Ian monster, and Penny and Samuel picking up steam.

All appear to be good slot options if we let Beas walk. I’m a big fan of Deebo, and think he will put produce his draft a lot due to injury and bad QB play.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Both are 1Tech types no? Wren might be versatile enough to play a 5Tech. Neither are known for pass rushing.

Wren flashes some ability in the pass rush but isn't consistent. Brugler mentioned that Wren could end up being drafted in the top 40 so I could see him as a dark horse candidate for the Cowboys in the 2nd round.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I'm seeing ALOT of mock drafts showing us taking T.J. Hockenson, a TE with our 1st pick. Have to say get a chance go watch film on him. very impressive kid and looks to be a stud, and a lot like what Dallas likes in TE's. I do not see us taking a big body in the 2nd with our first pick. Any we may have wanted will be long gone, and Dallas better do their homework on what's left to pick from. We do not need another taco pick.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I'm seeing ALOT of mock drafts showing us taking T.J. Hockenson, a TE with our 1st pick. Have to say get a chance go watch film on him. very impressive kid and looks to be a stud, and a lot like what Dallas likes in TE's. I do not see us taking a big body in the 2nd with our first pick. Any we may have wanted will be long gone, and Dallas better do their homework on what's left to pick from. We do not need another taco pick.

Love Hockenson but so will NFL teams. The guy can do it all and can immediately come in and play in all these 1 TE 3 WR packages. I'd take him but I think he's going top 40. I could see a move up if he drops to 50, but I'm not even going to get my hopes up.