Players: Sense of relief

morat1959

Reaction score
There will also be another sense of relief when Garrett gets his pink slip...........and then the motherlode of all celebrations would come when Jerry is no longer around.......THAT should be televised as well as a state holiday.
Yes, yes and YES!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a player, I would have a sense of relief because now there is no question about who I play for. If doubts were there, they're gone now

In all my years, I have never seen something so bush league as this. As a player, you hear your HC say the OC is coming back next year on Monday and then later that day start spinning backwards and the owner making statements. It is explained as a "collaborative" situation, the hiring and firing of coaches. Then there are probably calls and texts between the players about what's going on all week until Friday when it is announced that the OC has been fired on some "mutual agreement". How does that work? "You're fired because Booger said so". "Ok, in that case I am leaving".

Linehan should be gone, never should have been here in the first place. However, the handling of this shows just what a cluster the management of this team is. All season long, we've seen this offense struggle, they started with a bunch of #2WR's and had to pull a trade and even that wasn't enough. So, are we to understand that the collaborators didn't discuss the OC all season long? Garrett assumed Linehan would return because they hadn't discussed this situation? So he starts the ball rolling up hill on Monday?

Booger has such low regard for coaches that he would allow two of his to go through this embarrassment. Lemme ask those of you wanting Garrett replaced a question. Do you think any potential candidates view this as a less or more favorable job now? Do you now understand why Garrett is the HC?

75boyz

Reaction score
yes but Dak still has to throw the ball on time and accurate

and not stare down a WR

Yep, and even a little further...

Until there is "visible and obvious improvement" in game by game downfield throwing consistency when those opportunities so often arise in every game, I will still stick to its number 4's skill limitations as much as play calling holding the offense back.

Actually quite moreso, as Warner's video analysis of Daks lack of field vision/NFL window throwing ability demonstrated.

If you look at it from an each individual play and based on the opportunites that were given...Receivers did get open. And pretty regularly. In Linehan's offense.

Hope all the scheme/play calling replacement guys arent just totally disregarding these facts.

Lots and lots of points left on the field this year

BoysForLife

Reaction score

I put about as much stock in a fresh pile of dog feces, as I do anything Jane Slater says

She's a despicable hack who makes things up out of whole cloth just to generate clicks

The fact that she says this completely convinces me that the opposite is likely true

75boyz

Reaction score
As a player, I would have a sense of relief because now there is no question about who I play for. If doubts were there, they're gone now

In all my years, I have never seen something so bush league as this. As a player, you hear your HC say the OC is coming back next year on Monday and then later that day start spinning backwards and the owner making statements. It is explained as a "collaborative" situation, the hiring and firing of coaches. Then there are probably calls and texts between the players about what's going on all week until Friday when it is announced that the OC has been fired on some "mutual agreement". How does that work? "You're fired because Booger said so". "Ok, in that case I am leaving".

Linehan should be gone, never should have been here in the first place. However, the handling of this shows just what a cluster the management of this team is. All season long, we've seen this offense struggle, they started with a bunch of #2WR's and had to pull a trade and even that wasn't enough. So, are we to understand that the collaborators didn't discuss the OC all season long? Garrett assumed Linehan would return because they hadn't discussed this situation? So he starts the ball rolling up hill on Monday?

Booger has such low regard for coaches that he would allow two of his to go through this embarrassment. Lemme ask those of you wanting Garrett replaced a question. Do you think any potential candidates view this as a less or more favorable job now? Do you now understand why Garrett is the HC?

Excellent insight. No matter how much is speculative, your reasoning here appears accurate to me and I just want to commend you on this post.

I, for one, believe this post paints a pretty accurate portrayal of how things worked. I could be wrong along with the op's post, but my perception is in agreement with this. Pretty much everything stated here appears accurate on the surface.
Again, nice job.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Interesting that the players with an inside view and experience, would feel relieved, if the notion is with some that Dak is the main problem.
Other players like Beasley and Hurns have hinted that Dak wasn't great at getting them the ball.
However, players don't generally criticize teammates. They'll take their shots after they leave.
Same way with coaches.
So I can believe they weren't happy with Dak AND they weren't happy with Linehan.
But they did get to the playoffs, and Dak did have a hand in that, and Dak is about to sign a new deal, suggesting the Cowboys are going to keep him.
So why continue to criticize him unless, like Beasley, you're on your way out the door?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The sad thing about this is that once again, we just waste time as a franchise.
Stevie Wonder texted me two years ago saying "Linehan has got to go."
Even he could see it, but Jerry Jones can't.
So we waste more prime years because Jerry's too loyal even when it was clear to everyone - even Stevie - that Linehan is not the man to run this offense.
It's frustrating.

ESisback

Reaction score
The more astute among us have been saying linehan needed to go for years. Not sure why Jerry is always one of the last to know.

Or at least that’s the perception someone is peddling. Jerry’s no slobbering fool. There’s an agenda, but we can only speculate what it is. Booger meddles, verbalizes in an odd way, is stubborn, arrogant, etc., but he didn’t get to where he is by lucky coincidence.

glimmerman

Reaction score
More than 1 WR was displeased with the play calling and the way they lined up the same way for years. Now we will see what happens when changed up.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Ummm, not with his players - with management.
It was really sad when JG said he didn’t see any changes and then had to say he didn’t remember what he said earlier. Because the boss said umm Linehan is gone. JJ may have told him his job wasn’t safe either. Something will come out in a few days to give us a indication. Not hearing anything else about his upcoming extension.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The more astute among us have been saying linehan needed to go for years. Not sure why Jerry is always one of the last to know.
Oh, FOOTBALL DAD knows,bro!

* but I'm thinking with the " in-house family affair"
style of COWBOYS FOOTBALL country club personified ambiance of self perceived professionalism ,that's been bestowed& handed out like door prizes at an Ed MacMahon's publishers clearing house sweepstakes grand drawing,,, I really think our FOOTBALL DAD'S thought processing is SOMETIMES similarly akin& hardwired direct to that of the Gen. Custer's character portrayed in that "little big man" Dustin Hoffman flick ,,,or He'd of pulled the trigger&dropped the hammer in a more decisively rapid fashion long ago,,, Who Knows? FOOTBALL DAD Jerry could've felt indebted somehow & for some reason to Mr. Linehan in allowing this offensive lameness to have been continually fielded for as long as it did/was,,,o_O

** though, the period of perplexing puzzled ponderation is post history,,, now!:starspin: