Players to Avoid in the 2019 Draft. Please Add to the List

timb2

Reaction score
Jerry Tillery DT Notre Dame-He is a dirty player and a little bit of a flake. He might not really care about football. He has traveled to several other countries,has political discussions with Congressmen,other hobbies outside of football including the stock market.... Basically I could see him get a huge contract and all of sudden he wants to quit football because little interest .So he can jump around a fire in the woods like an Indian trying to find his true spiritual self or look for the elusive Yeti up on Mt. Everest. Think Joe Don Looney type of flake.

Please add to the list

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Tillery DT Notre Dame-He is a dirty player and a little bit of a flake. He might not really care about football. He has traveled to several other countries,has political discussions with Congressmen,other hobbies outside of football including the stock market.... Basically I could see him get a huge contract and all of sudden he wants to quit football because little interest .So he can jump around a fire in the woods like an Indian trying to find his true spiritual self or look for the elusive Yeti up on Mt. Everest. Think Joe Don Looney type of flake.

Please add to the list

He could be Suh or he could be David Irving.

He'll get picked before #58 anyway.

Beaker42

Reaction score

Please add to the list

Lil’Jordan Humphrey

Sydla

Reaction score

Please add to the list

He is not a dirty player. He had one game, his sophomore year, the USC game, where he did two bad things but he has never had a problem in any other game of dirty play. Normally, "dirty" players have a history of dirty plays beyond one game. Tillery's exploits are limited to two plays in one game in his entire ND career. He was very immature as a player and kid his first two years at ND.

Second, it's funny how we know categorize a smart, intelligent kid as being a "flake" because he has intellectual interests beyond football. I guess we just need meatheads in football.

There were questions about his desire early at Notre Dame but his last two years he was completely focused and had two very good years. To equate him to Joe Don Looney is just a silly thing to say.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ferguson and polite both scare me

With Ferguson are you referring to the slow times? I don't think he is a big character risk.

Ferguson is an interesting player depending on how far he falls in the draft.

He is the all-time leader in sacks at the college level.

His agent is apparently an idiot. He blasted the NFL for initially not inviting Ferguson to the combine. Then Ferguson showed up for testing and didn't appear to have ever run a 3-cone drill AND he gained a reported 20 pounds which just made him look fat and slow.

conner01

Reaction score
With Ferguson are you referring to the slow times? I don't think he is a big character risk.

Ferguson is an interesting player depending on how far he falls in the draft.

He is the all-time leader in sacks at the college level.

His agent is apparently an idiot. He blasted the NFL for initially not inviting Ferguson to the combine. Then Ferguson showed up for testing and didn't appear to have ever run a 3-cone drill AND he gained a reported 20 pounds which just made him look fat and slow.
I wasn’t referring to speed
Just the player as a whole
Ferguson at some point is worth it but not at 58 to me
Doesn’t play the run well and I worry about his game transition to nfl
Later less risk, 58 has to be a hit
Polite wasn’t impressive to me even before the worst combine showing I’ve ever seen

timb2

Reaction score
He is not a dirty player. He had one game, his sophomore year, the USC game, where he did two bad things but he has never had a problem in any other game of dirty play. Normally, "dirty" players have a history of dirty plays beyond one game. Tillery's exploits are limited to two plays in one game in his entire ND career. He was very immature as a player and kid his first two years at ND.

Second, it's funny how we know categorize a smart, intelligent kid as being a "flake" because he has intellectual interests beyond football. I guess we just need meatheads in football.

There were questions about his desire early at Notre Dame but his last two years he was completely focused and had two very good years. To equate him to Joe Don Looney is just a silly thing to say.
Tillery will get his big money contract and then use the excuse about CTE and he will retire so he can explore the North Pole or some other place. Think a good version of David Irving but the same desire and outcome of quitting on the team.

Joe Don Looney was a strange bird also.He jumped from team to team because he was a weirdo ,A FLAKE. He ended up roaming the desert as a hermit finding his true self.

timb2

Reaction score
Joe Don Looney's bio...Yeah I can see this in Tillery.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Don_Looney

College career[edit]
In his first semester at the University of Texas, Looney received four Fs and one D. Looney responded by dropping out and enrolling at Texas Christian University. He was eventually kicked out of that school and transferred to Cameron Junior College, where he played for Leroy Montgomery. He set a punting record in the 1961 Junior Rose Bowl, as his team won the junior college national championship. He made All-American with the University of Oklahoma in 1962, leading them to the Big Eight Conference championship. He played in only three games in 1963. Head coach Bud Wilkinson kicked him off the team after Looney netted four yards in six carries in a game against Texas.[1] Looney did not get along with Wikinson, and it was also alleged he had punched assistant coach Johnny Tatum, though Tatum debunked that claim.[1]

Professional career[edit]
Looney was drafted in the first round (twelfth overall) of the 1964 NFL Draft by the New York Giants. He was also selected in the sixth round of the 1964 AFL Draft by the Kansas City Chiefs, but chose to play in the NFL instead. He was with the Giants just 28 days before they traded him to the Baltimore Colts just before the 1964 season.[1]

Looney had only 23 carries with Baltimore that season. In November, he got into an argument about politics with a couple, then later that night, broke into their apartment with a friend and attacked them.[1] He received one year's probation and a fine.[1]

The Colts traded Looney to the Detroit Lions following the 1964 season. He put together one good season, racking up 114 carries for 356 yards and five touchdowns. While with Detroit, Looney was told by coach Harry Gilmer to carry in a play to the quarterback. Looney refused and told Gilmer, "If you want a messenger boy, call Western Union."[1][2]

Detroit traded Looney to the Washington Commanders, where he had an uneventful tenure. He had 55 carries for 178 yards. The only highlight of his time with the Commanders came on a play in which he did not even have the ball. He was pass protecting for quarterback Sonny Jurgensen, and ended up leveling an onrushing pass rusher with a right hook to the jaw. When he tried to renegotiate his contract, he was let go.[1]

In 1968, Looney was called up by the United States Army to go to Vietnam. He joined a lawsuit that claimed that a reserve unit could not be sent to fight in an undeclared war, but it was defeated.[1]

When he returned to the United States, he signed on with the New Orleans Saints. He had three carries for -3 yards with the Saints that year, and retired after the season.

Looney was ranked as the most uncoachable player in NFL history by NFL Films president Steve Sabol.[3] He would often intentionally run the wrong way on plays in practice in order to make things more challenging for himself. He once skipped several practices. When questioned about his absences, he responded by saying, "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"

After football[edit]
After his retirement from football he converted to Hinduism and joined the Siddha Yoga movement led by Swami Muktananda. Stan Trout, a fellow convert, alleged that Looney was one of Muktananda's "enforcers" who intimidated people into obeying him.[4]

Looney pled guilty to illegal possession of a firearm in federal court on January 7, 1974. He was sentenced to three years' probation. On February 5, 1988, he received a presidential pardon from Ronald Reagan.[5] Looney died at the age of 45, on September 24, 1988, near Luna Vista north of Terlingua, Texas, when his motorcycle ran off a rural highway and crashed into a fence.[6]

Sydla

Reaction score
Tillery will get his big money contract and then use the excuse about CTE and he will retire so he can explore the North Pole or some other place. Think a good version of David Irving but the same desire and outcome of quitting on the team.

Joe Don Looney was a strange bird also.He jumped from team to team because he was a weirdo ,A FLAKE. He ended up roaming the desert as a hermit finding his true self.

This is ridiculous.

You have no clue if he would quit on the team. There is no comparison between this guy and Looney. Looney had a screw loose. Are you saying because Tillery is an intellectual and loves to experience things and learn things he’s got a screw loose too?

Because if that’s what you think, LOL.

Last edited: