Video: Playing for the Cowboys [used to] means more than playing for any other teams

Shane612

Reaction score
I know it just anecdotal, but according to Marcellus Wiley, playing for the DALLAS COWBOYS means a little more than playing for other team.
It used to be, anyway.
I was mocked for bringing this point up few weeks ago.
The main topic is Dak Prescott, but Marcellus Wiley reflects back on his days as a player for the Dallas Cowboys.

So, here it is....At 3:17 mark of this clip.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Being a Dallas Cowboy today is no big deal relatively speaking with the rest of the league. That is sad commentary for me to make after being a fan since the Cowboys SB win over Miami.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Over the years we've gone from puncher to punch line, and it's all at the hands of the egotistical glory hog, Jerry Jones. I remain optimistic for a return to glory although the effort to do so increases yearly:(

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I know it just anecdotal, but according to Marcellus Wiley, playing for the DALLAS COWBOYS means a little more than playing for other team.
It used to be, anyway.
I was mocked for bringing this point up few weeks ago.
The main topic is Dak Prescott, but Marcellus Wiley reflects back on his days as a player for the Dallas Cowboys.

So, here it is....At 3:17 mark of this clip.

Did Jerry charge you less for your power bill since you been life long Cowboys fan and a resident of Texas that supports his entire empire.

Or did everyone bent over and took it from the back long as the big bad govt don’t come regulate the market and big corps can keep stealing your money?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
It makes sense because the young players today coming out of college and early 20's were born after the SB years, their only memory is seeing the Cowboys mediocre to poor. No great history for them to look up to or want to identify. Generally speaking of course.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Times change.

There’s no reason to play for the cowboys over a lot of other teams at this point.

any reason to play for them over Pittsburgh at this point? Over Seattle? Over New England? Over Kansas City?

the list goes on

John813

Reaction score
Times change.

There’s no reason to play for the cowboys over a lot of other teams at this point.

any reason to play for them over Pittsburgh at this point? Over Seattle? Over New England? Over Kansas City?

the list goes on

Or even Jacksonville or the Browns they way they hand out money.

Players want to get paid, and there's 31 other teams that have to meet minimum cap floors.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It makes sense because the young players today coming out of college and early 20's were born after the SB years, their only memory is seeing the Cowboys mediocre to poor. No great history for them to look up to or want to identify. Generally speaking of course.

Players want to be paid and do not give a damn which teams pays them.

Shane612

Reaction score
Did Jerry charge you less for your power bill since you been life long Cowboys fan and a resident of Texas that supports his entire empire.

Or did everyone bent over and took it from the back long as the big bad govt don’t come regulate the market and big corps can keep stealing your money?
What?
:huh: