Playoff Dak vs Playoff Romo

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Why didn't Romo beat the Giants in 2007? That team had 13 Pro Bowlers.
Because the Cowboys changed their offensive strategy.
During the season, they would pass and get up on teams then use Marion Barber III to wear out defenses at the end.
During the playoffs, they ran Barber early. But that strategy tired the offensive line out. By the end of the game, we had worn ourselves out.
Patrick Crayton also dropped a sure first down that could have been a touchdown.
He also stopped short on a route.
Any more questions? ;)

nobody

Reaction score
Hey, even "special" people can be Cowboys fans too. Let them continue to compare and think football is a single-player game.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Personally id give this win to Zeke and the defense, but whatever.....ill take the win regardless
Couldnt be more clear. The run game and defense carried us. Thats a good thing
But its a team game.
Huge pet peave to see absolute morons assigning wins (or losses) to individual players.

Just don't get why people cant just enjoy the win.

cmoney23

Reaction score
You know Zeke had 170 yards right?

Dak had 168 yards passing....1 TD and 2 interceptions..

Im going with Zeke...
giphy.gif

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Lol. Good one, you do know it was double digits until the last minute of the game right?
You do know what "walking away with a double-digit win" means, right? :laugh:
We won by two, and our double-digit lead was short-lived.

Don't be mad Romo is a helluva commentator.
He was also a good quarterback, which is why he's a great commentator. ;)

lk8701

Reaction score
Because the Cowboys changed their offensive strategy.
During the season, they would pass and get up on teams then use Marion Barber III to wear out defenses at the end.
During the playoffs, they ran Barber early. But that strategy tired the offensive line out. By the end of the game, we had worn ourselves out.
Patrick Crayton also dropped a sure first down that could have been a touchdown.
He also stopped short on a route.

Any more questions? ;)

Noah Brown got interfered with on Dak's INT in the redzone but he overcame it. No excuses. Dak overcomes adversity while Romo chokes. Botched FG hold against Seattle, choke job vs Giants etc.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Noah Brown got interfered with on Dak's INT in the redzone but he overcame it. No excuses. Dak overcomes adversity while Romo chokes. Botched FG hold against Seattle, choke job vs Giants etc.
So Romo didn't overcome adversity when being down against the Lions in the 2016 playoffs, he brought us back for a win?
Look, I don't care to argue with you about Romo. If you think Dak was better than Romo, not only are you delusional, you're a prisoner of the moment.
Romo had his faults, but to think Dak is a better quarterback than he … :laugh:

DFWJC

Reaction score
I just want to bask in a win.

I think the OP is truly “ignore button” worthy.
Boom
Problem solved
:thumbup:

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
You do know what "walking away with a double-digit win" means, right? :laugh:
We won by two, and our double-digit lead was short-lived.

He was also a good quarterback, which is why he's a great commentator. ;)

Talented qb, made dumb mistakes, little leadership skills. I wish him all the best.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
The FOX Sports "Romo only won 2 playoff games in 13 seasons" ignores the fact that for three of those seasons (2004, 2005 and 2016) he wasn't the starting quarterback, and also that he was injured for nearly all of the 2015 season. So for 4 of those seasons, he didn't have a chance to get a playoff win.

Cherry-picking......

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Talented qb, made dumb mistakes, little leadership skills. I wish him all the best.
Yes, he did make dumb mistakes. I've criticized him for his penchant to make bone head mistakes. But he was still a good quarterback. My evaluation of him is not all-or-nothing. I can acknowledge he made mistakes; I can also acknowledge that Romo is a better quarterback than Dak. Dak could be better than Romo at some point in his future. But right now, Dak can't make the type throws and process the offense better than Romo.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I second this motion. Comparing our current team to any of the Romo teams seems impossible. Way worse line but way better defense. How do you compare the two.

We still have 2 probowlers and Collins was considered 1 of the best tackles coming out of college. Biggest difference is having the leagues leading rusher every time Zeke has a full season.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Dak is the most clutch QB in the league.

No reason to compare him to Romo.

Romo was a better all-around QB, but Dak has the "IT" factor. He finds ways to win.