Playoffs or bust with Brady & Bucs

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Bucs rank near the bottom of the league in attendance and hadn’t won a single playoff game since capturing their lone Super Bowl title during the 2002 season.

In fact the Bucs have only made the postseason twice since then, their last appearance 13 years ago. Only the Browns are in the midst of a longer playoff drought.

A playoff appearance would be considered a success. And the pieces are certainly in place to make that work.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Bucs have a pair of 1,000 yard receivers in Evans and Godwin which should be a welcomed change for Brady. TE’s Brate and Howard add to Brady’s arsenal.

The OL is decent enough. If Bucs can shore up a pass defense , they’ll certainly be in the hunt for a playoff birth especially with an additional 7th seed in play this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If nothing else Brady should improve the efficiency of the offense by not being Jameis Winston who was first QB in NFL history to throw for 30 TD’s and 30 INT’s in a season. Brady had 9 picks in 2019 and has never tossed more than 14 in a season.

And they have a solid HC in Arians who is hailed for his offensive acumen, though he’ll have to adjust his downfield passing philosophy to better suit Brady’s possession type style.

Should be interesting if they can keep Brady upright.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Considering Tampa Bay was 7-9 last year, I think they will make the playoffs next year. It isn't exactly like it will take some sort of miracle, not to mention there is an extra playoff spot per conference coming up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Considering Tampa Bay was 7-9 last year, I think they will make the playoffs next year. It isn't exactly like it will take some sort of miracle, not to mention there is an extra playoff spot per conference coming up.
After missing the playoffs for 13 years it would be interesting to ask Tampa fans what they would think. Like did they think Jameis would be taking them to playoffs?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'm surprised by this signing. IMO the chances of Brady winning the Super Bowl with the Bucs are very slim. I thought he would end up a 49er. He was a fan of that team as a kid, and they have an outstanding defense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm surprised by this signing. IMO the chances of Brady winning the Super Bowl with the Bucs are very slim. I thought he would end up a 49er. He was a fan of that team as a kid, and they have an outstanding defense.
They also have Jimmy G under contract.

Flamma

Reaction score

If you don't include the Patriots, the chances of any team to even make the super bowl are slim. We just have a pre conceived notion as to who is good enough or should be in the SB. Half of the super bowls featured a team that didn't make the playoffs the previous year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I like their chances, barring major injuries