CFZ Please don't act surprised

Sydla

Reaction score
Anyone stunned by today is either just a blind homer or just became a Cowboys fan.

This is what this team does. This is what they've done for 20+ years. As the season progresses and the pressure mounts, this team often just wilts through dumb coaching, bad QB play and stupid mistakes on the field.

Don't be surprised that this might be the start of a 3 game losing streak. Washington could be tough at year end too if they are fighting for a playoff spot. But again, this team kind of coasting/limping into the playoffs should surprise no one. They are looking exactly like the one and done team they've been for two decades.

The sad thing is that I'll be a moron come late January thinking that maybe Jerry will understand the flaws of his team. Maybe he'll finally wise up to the reality that his DTs aren't very good. And then they'll do the same old ****, start the season in 2023 the same way, and fade down the stretch next year too.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

VABoyz

Reaction score
Yeah it's unfortunate but true lol I don't see how any shock can happen if you been watching for years.. this seems like the usual.. you hope for it to be different but it's pretty much the same sitcom. A few new characters but same show.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Anyone stunned by today is either just a blind homer or just became a Cowboys fan.

This is what this team does. This is what they've done for 20+ years. As the season progresses and the pressure mounts, this team often just wilts through dumb coaching, bad QB play and stupid mistakes on the field.

Don't be surprised that this might be the start of a 3 game losing streak. Washington could be tough at year end too if they are fighting for a playoff spot. But again, this team kind of coasting/limping into the playoffs should surprise no one. They are looking exactly like the one and done team they've been for two decades.

The sad thing is that I'll be a moron come late January thinking that maybe Jerry will understand the flaws of his team. Maybe he'll finally wise up to the reality that his DTs aren't very good. And then they'll do the same old ****, start the season in 2023 the same way, and fade down the stretch next year too.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
The Cowboys last two losses have been in overtime on the road against a Hall of Fame quarterback and the second coming relax. We can panic after we lose to Tampa on Wildcard weekend.

RS12

Reaction score
Since the Jerry GM era went full bloom 96 and after, this team notoriously peaks in October and November. Like clockwork after that time period when better coaching and QB play and defense really matter, the team regresses.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Cowboys last two losses have been in overtime on the road against a Hall of Fame quarterback and the second coming relax. We can panic after we lose to Tampa on Wildcard weekend.

There's a sucker born every minute.

This team gets no benefit of the doubt from me. We've seen these same kind of performances from past teams.

And our last two losses were where we blew double digit leads. Trying to whitewash that with, "hey guys, Rodgers is a Hall of Famer" is hilarious but expected from the homer crowd. Somehow a bunch of other teams in this league figured out how to not get beat by the Hall of Fame QB this year.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Can we speed this up and just play our first round game now, lose and then I can get on with my life? LOL.

Lol. Exactly.
Hey, USFL Season 2 will be here before ya know it...in April.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Wait until we have to sit and watch a 49ers vs. Bills Super Bowl.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wait until we have to sit and watch a 49ers vs. Bills Super Bowl.

I think that would be an intriguing game. I like watching Allen. The intrigue of Purdy likely having played well to get the 49ers to the SB going against Allen would make it worth it IMO. I'd rather that than have to watch the Chiefs-Eagles in the SB with all the Eagles-Andy Reid-Hurts is the next Mahomes bullspit.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I think that would be an intriguing game. I like watching Allen. The intrigue of Purdy likely having played well to get the 49ers to the SB going against Allen would make it worth it IMO. I'd rather that than have to watch the Chiefs-Eagles in the SB with all the Eagles-Andy Reid-Hurts is the next Mahomes bullspit.

It will be a great game!
I was thinking more about seeing our two nemesis from the 90s in the SB while we
get ready for year 27-28 without a championship.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I made a futures bet on that in August, so to that extent I'd be very interested.

As for the Cowboys, late season flops stopped surprising me years ago. What would surprise me is a playoff resurgence, so let's hope it happens.

I'm all for a resurgence. But if I held my breath, I would've been dead years ago.
I picked that SB in August too. My point was the thought of those teams
battling in the SB while we're settling for less.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
DQ’s scheme was hiding/protecting the deficiency at DT. It was exposed by running right at the heart of the defense. We need interior help big time. Micah is getting beat up as an edge rusher and it’s taking its toll because right now he just isn’t big enough to sustain that position. Again, the interior of this defense needs to be addressed. The foundation is weak, build from the inside out not the outside in.