Please, Put Down The Fool-Aid on Pollard

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don’t think they need the most rushing yards in the league to win championships. Have they won anything? They need to be smart and productive and effective in all areas. I think they can do that. That doesn’t mean they have to replace zekes production 100% they just have to do a solid enough job to win games.
Most people realize Elliott brings more than just yardage. Have you seen Pollard try to pass block?
Besides, yards keep getting dismissed. Field position is everything.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
You can't honestly believe teams gameplan the same way for Alfred Morris or Tony Pollard as they do Zeke Elliott. It sounds like the possibility of Zeke missing games is becoming so real that you are trying to talk yourself into thinking that the offense will produce comparably without Zeke.

I can honestly believe that teams will game plan to stop the run in much the same way against Dallas regardless of who the back is. They will drop 8 in the box alot, not because of Zeke or Pollard but because of the OL and they know that if they have 7 in the box, they will lose that battle. If we had a below average OL, they wouldn't be dropping 8 in the box even with Zeke in the back field.

Since 2014, this team has a had a good running game regardless of who the back was.

2014- D Murray 1845/4.7 average
2015 - D McFadden 1089 (10 games) 4.55 average
2016 - Z Elliott - 1631/5.06 average
2017 - Z Elliott - 903 (10 games) - 4.06 average
2018 - Z Elliott - 1434 - 4.7 average

3 different backs in 5 years over 1000 yards. That's what teams game plan against. I am not saying Zeke is not a great back, he is. He is a great Talent and he helps win us games. I am just saying, not having him back there would not be the end of the world. The team will still be very good this year and the run game will be fine. It's not the OL will forget how to block because Zeke is in Cabo.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If you have any thoughts that Pollard will be able to replace Zeke.
DAL got by fine with Alfred Morris, Darren McFadden and others.

Pollard isn't going to be Zeke for 16+ weeks but he is definitely going to be good enough to win with short-term versus bad teams and that's all the need there is because Zeke needs the Cowboys more than they need him.
Zeke missing a few games early probably benefits DAL by having him fresh versus tougher teams later.
Zeke is the one who falls behin in All Pro and rushing yardage races.
He has always had so little leverage.

He is truly great but his agent is tripping TRIPPING.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
At this point all I can say is I think he will be a very good compliment to Zeke. It's been a long time since we have had that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think THEY can be productive. Pollard and.. ? . I don’t expect or think we need the most yards in football. But I don’t expect some type of clueless circus act either like the offense simply can’t function! That seems to be the underlying theme here. It’s either match zekes production or you suck!! lol No middle ground. there’s talent here and excellent talent on the line. Along with a D that can make plays.

I think there is a chance they can be productive, but I think we are a long way from knowing how productive. And I certainly agree we don't need the most rushing yards in football, but if we drop from at or near the top rushing team to something more middle of the league that could have a big impact on the effectiveness of the offense. Hopefully the drop wouldn't be that far, but again, we are a long way from knowing. I keep thinking things will work out with Zeke and none of this will be a worry, but if we go another week or more I'll start worrying more.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The cowboys get to pick their headcoach .
That wasn't the point. I would like to replace Garrett myself, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be accurate in what we say about him. Besides, saying we don't like Garrett 10,000 times rather than 8,000 times doesn't get us any closer to it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My hope rests on Kellen the Young replacing Elliott, not Pollard. He must find a way to not only not lose any ground but make up more without his best skill player.

The majority might think this hamstrings him but it may free him to be more creative, open and involve more players in the offense and actually accelerate his learning curve. Yep, that's a little Pollyanna on my part but this is the time of the year I let her out to play.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
That wasn't the point. I would like to replace Garrett myself, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be accurate in what we say about him. Besides, saying we don't like Garrett 10,000 times rather than 8,000 times doesn't get us any closer to it.

Yes it does. Firing Jason Garrett should be a priority .

dfense

Reaction score
Zeke's YPC was 4.7 last season. If you have to lie, your point is not well made.

Incidentally, Zeke's career YPC is 4.7. Gurley's is 4.4. Research is your friend!!!!
Lie is such a strong word. It implies motive. How about inaccurate by .7 yards ?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
(fixed)

Of course .

So, you maintain a Garrett coached team has never won a playoff game even though there is verifiable proof that isn't the case? And you still maintain that your writing this on a website increases the odds that Garrett will get fired? Well, if you want to live in your own world, feel free …

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lie is such a strong word. It implies motive. How about inaccurate by .7 yards ?
If you were talking about a difference of .7 yards in the context of a receiver's yards per catch, that wouldn't be as big a difference, but .7 yards per carry is a big difference. Besides, if you were going to round to a whole number, the proper rounding would have been 5 ypc, not 4 ypc.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I'm well aware that 1 player will not make or break the entire season...However if there was ever one player the Cowboys could not afford to lose it would be Zeke...Zeke keeps the chains moving that allow our Defense to rest. You thinking Dallas can keep this core or players for the next 4-5 years just by not paying Zeke is shortsighted. BTW the WINDOW is real and for Dallas its NOW...while we have all this talent. I would trade 1 Championship for 3 years of rebuilding at this point. Also, just because we have all these good players does not guarantee anything.

There's about five to eight players that would be a more impactful loss than Zeke. This isnt remotely true.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

You don't become a self-made billionaire like Jerry if you don't know how to sell Fool-Aid. He''s going to pack his stadium, sell merchandise, and rake in cash whether Pollard lives up to the hype or not.