Please, Put Down The Fool-Aid on Pollard

Blackspider214

Reaction score
You're right. But if the Cowboys can get 850-1100 yards out of Pollard as the lead back in a committee approach then the season won't be a lost cause.

I like Pollard more than I liked guys like Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden, and Christine Michael.

McFadden was much better than Pollard is right now. This guy Pollard right now is nothing more than Randle. Go read all the hype about him when he was coming out. It was the EXACT same thing as this. People fall in love with the preseason hype.

The same stuff was said in 2015 when Demarco left.That we could just replace him with no issues with committee. We won 4 games and this offense was junk. The offense was junk without Zeke in 2017.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He gained 2000 apyds.

77 catches.

Not fast enough for you?!?

Not saying he isn't fast. But there were times where he was caught from behind. Maybe its because we are overworking him. Or it could also mean he is already slowing down and lost some of his speed.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't know what replace means. I mean, I don't know if Pollard can hold up or not, that remains to be seen but he may be able to or, a combination of talent might be able to. More importantly, if Zeke were to sit out the seasons, the Cowboys depth chart is not going to look the same. I guarantee anybody that if this were the case, the Cowboys would make moves at RB. Having said all of this, Pollard is not Zeke but Pollard might be a Jammal Charles, Eric Metcalf type back and that would not be a terrible thing either.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya, only Zeke can run thru open holes with 4.38 speed. Pollard can get 4.5 ypc behind the Cowboys OL.
Who knew the Cowboys didn't need Emmit and his 4.6-4.7 40 time back in the 1990's? There were probably 15 guys on the team that were faster that could have done as well.

reddyuta

Reaction score
McFadden was much better than Pollard is right now. This guy Pollard right now is nothing more than Randle. Go read all the hype about him when he was coming out. It was the EXACT same thing as this. People fall in love with the preseason hype.

The same stuff was said in 2015 when Demarco left.That we could just replace him with no issues with committee. We won 4 games and this offense was junk. The offense was junk without Zeke in 2017.

Pollard is a much better pass catcher right now than Dmac ever was.I am buying the Pollard hype,obviously he cant carry the same load as Zeke but he can handle 15 carries a game.

Big_D

Reaction score
Pollard is a much better pass catcher right now than Dmac ever was.I am buying the Pollard hype,obviously he cant carry the same load as Zeke but he can handle 15 carries a game.

10 to 15 touches with a few receptions. I could see that!

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Pollard needs to play a lot more against the 1s .

He is our only hope right now , Cabo has Zeke under a spell .

morat1959

Reaction score

And all this hype vs a 2nd unit in a preseason game. I wonder if some on this board have a clue.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You're right. But if the Cowboys can get 850-1100 yards out of Pollard as the lead back in a committee approach then the season won't be a lost cause.

I like Pollard more than I liked guys like Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden, and Christine Michael.
Yeah me too, but we need to see more, the #3 PS game should give us a better idea, and then if feed me holds out into reg season,
then we will find out what pollard can do.
I think moore wants to pass more anyway.

So really it would be good if ewok holds out and we can see how it all goes.

morasp

Reaction score
Didn't the Rams pick up CJ Anderson after the season started? He was easily the best back in our playoff game against them. If Zeke sits out and the other RBs can't provide some quality snaps to spell Pollard there's no reason we couldn't either trade for a RB like we did for Cooper last year or just sign the best available free agent. I'm certain that Will McClay has them compiling a list of players right now.

SSGMIKE

Reaction score
It's too early to tell how productive Pollard can be behind that offense line, but we're going to find out very soon. Pollard can cover some of Zeke productions that money the Cowboys can save for other key positions on the team - HOW ABOUT DAMN SAFETY!!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Most people realize Elliott brings more than just yardage. Have you seen Pollard try to pass block?
Besides, yards keep getting dismissed. Field position is everything.

What does he bring to the table besides yards? He isn't a leader and is a mental midget and distraction to the team.

Blocker? Fine, Ill give you that one.

Do you realize that he only had 8 total TD's last year on 460 touches? That is beyond pathetic. What he do in the most important game against the Rams? 30 yards and no TD's? Pathetic.

The RKG leader is in Cabo? LOL

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What does he bring to the table besides yards? He isn't a leader and is a mental midget and distraction to the team.

Blocker? Fine, Ill give you that one.

Do you realize that he only had 8 total TD's last year on 460 touches? That is beyond pathetic. What he do in the most important game against the Rams? 30 yards and no TD's? Pathetic.

The RKG leader is in Cabo? LOL
I don't care what any talking head says about yards.
Field position is everything. Of course I'd love more TDs, but that's everyone's argument that doesn't like Elliott. That's what is beyond pathetic. I'm not even a huge fan, but to dismiss his importance is silly. How many drives did he play a major role that got us into scoring position? Any ideas? Nope, just the same BS "TD" argument.
He's a great blocker.
Yeah he underachieved vs. LA, but that's not all on him. LA shut the running game down and that includes the squad, not one player. What's worse? Allowing 275 yards?

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I can honestly believe that teams will game plan to stop the run in much the same way against Dallas regardless of who the back is. They will drop 8 in the box alot, not because of Zeke or Pollard but because of the OL and they know that if they have 7 in the box, they will lose that battle. If we had a below average OL, they wouldn't be dropping 8 in the box even with Zeke in the back field.

Since 2014, this team has a had a good running game regardless of who the back was.

2014- D Murray 1845/4.7 average
2015 - D McFadden 1089 (10 games) 4.55 average
2016 - Z Elliott - 1631/5.06 average
2017 - Z Elliott - 903 (10 games) - 4.06 average
2018 - Z Elliott - 1434 - 4.7 average

3 different backs in 5 years over 1000 yards. That's what teams game plan against. I am not saying Zeke is not a great back, he is. He is a great Talent and he helps win us games. I am just saying, not having him back there would not be the end of the world. The team will still be very good this year and the run game will be fine. It's not the OL will forget how to block because Zeke is in Cabo.

2014 we had Romo and teams were game planning to stop the pass. 2015 the whole team was awful, the worst of which was whatever we put behind center.

It's blatantly obvious that teams have focused on stopping the run more since Zeke has joined the team.

kskboys

Reaction score

Debatable.

kskboys

Reaction score
Didn't the Rams pick up CJ Anderson after the season started? He was easily the best back in our playoff game against them. If Zeke sits out and the other RBs can't provide some quality snaps to spell Pollard there's no reason we couldn't either trade for a RB like we did for Cooper last year or just sign the best available free agent. I'm certain that Will McClay has them compiling a list of players right now.
Not the best, but the one w/ the most huge gaping holes in front of them.