***PLEASE READ***Some Advice To Avoid An Infraction

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
By far we give out more infractions for circumventing the language filter than any other type. Circumventing means trying to find a way to post the word and get around the filter. We do not want that. The filter is in place for a reason.

Here is the Guideline about it. Please read it carefully.

Offensive language will not be tolerated on this site. This includes but is not limited to circumventing the language filter. This means misspelling a word to get around the filter will not be tolerated. You should be able to express your opinions without using vulgar language. If you cannot express yourself without being vulgar this site is not for you. Before you post anything, it is in your best interest to read it back to yourself, and wonder if there will be an issue with it. If you are not sure, do NOT post the content you are not sure of. Violating this guideline may result in your post being edited or deleted and/or your account being suspended or banned.
Now we understand that now and then blue words are the only way to describe something. Now and then. Spell the word out and spell it right.

Let's say the word FAST was a filtered word. Posting the word like this would be a violation...

f@st
fa$t
f***
phast
fazt
f a s t

The only way to post that word that will not cause you issues is fast. When the word is posted it will look like **** and everyone will know what you are trying to say and know that you're a big tough guy using blue words.

If a word is filtered it means we don't want to see that word or any variation of it posted on this site. You can still say the word, but spell it right and let the filter do its job. That's why we have it.

Now we always get back responses about "we're all adults here." Adult means you should know better. That's exactly the way we look at it.

Last thing, be real careful about using filtered words to describe another poster or insult another poster. That and cussing too much are not going to fly at all. Again, we understand now and then.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2244754 said:
I have a question does that mean terms like ****** or FN are not allowed?
Thank you for asking. They are not allowed. Any variation of the female dog is not allowed. Post the right word. Let the filter do the job.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2244756 said:
Thank you for asking. They are not allowed. Any variation of the female dog is not allowed. Post the right word. Let the filter do the job.

alright just making sure I don't wany any infractions

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2244762 said:
Truthfully, we don't want to give them either. We actually hate when we have to do our jobs here.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2244765 said:
Truthfully, we don't want to give them either. We actually hate when we have to do our jobs here.

lol its a nice community here so those things a rare I would assume.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2244762 said:

Just write what you want to say and if it needs to be filtered the filter will filter it. Just know that you can't abuse it even with the filter. (ie cuss like a sailor even with the filter) There is no need for that even if we are all adults (even though we aren't!)

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Is arse a bad word? Cause it would be a very tough habbit for me to break, but I will try. It's really the only cuss word I use.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2245135 said:
Is arse a bad word? Cause it would be a very tough habbit for me to break, but I will try. It's really the only cuss word I use.
Since you typed it and it is not filtered, it is not on our list. That could change if it becomes an issue with it beind used non stop. But for right now, nothing wrong with it.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
So when I say ****, that doesn't mean I am tough?

Good call on the blue words though, I hate when people change the font colors.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I've only gotten one infraction anyway and mine wasn't for a filter issue. I didn't even notice that we had people trying to get around a word filter.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of people, including mods, use bastid. Mostly in jest, but still... That's a variation of a word a whole lot worse than some others I've seen.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2245490 said:
I've seen a lot of people, including mods, use bastid. Mostly in jest, but still... That's a variation of a word a whole lot worse than some others I've seen.
Yep, we even have an emoticon with it.

:bastid:

That word and "arse" date back to the previous forum and we allowed them there so we kept some things status quo. Those two have never been filtered.

The only word that was filtered on the other forum that is not filtered here is "******." It was filtered there when it became a perjorative directed at Quincy Carter and caused some issues with losing good members. You wouldn't believe the drama that caused.

So far that word has not been abused here. I personally have reasons to hate the word and don't use it, but I look past it when others do. One guy who used it quite a bit even pointed out that I laughed at his use of it one time. I was laughing at him, not the word.