Please Sign Dez, 1 year deal or 1 day contract?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He couldn't beat the #1's either.

That's the point. He won't be seeing those "#1's", or #2's any more. But good luck to any 3rd or 4th cornerback covering him.

And even in 2017, when he wasn't his old self, he was still putting up decent numbers being the sole down-field receiving threat the Cowboys had.

817Gill

Reaction score
If Dez has anything left, someone will notice. He hasn’t played in two years, but if he has anything worth signing him for, he will get a chance. My opinion is he doesn’t have anything left. But I will let the NFL make that final decision.
Got it. He very well may not be able to physically, but I do see a role for him and I think he deserves the opportunity to seize that role. I do believe he will get a chance somewhere if not here

817Gill

Reaction score
That's the point. He won't be seeing those "#1's", or #2's any more. But good luck to any 3rd or 4th cornerback covering him.

And even in 2017, when he wasn't his old self, he was still putting up decent numbers being the sole down-field receiving threat the Cowboys had.
Posters on here genuinely believe he can’t beat those guys. One dude even told me Dez would drop every pass even if he was open lol so don’t worry too much about making a sensible argument

817Gill

Reaction score
Fair enough.

My questions are specifically concerning whether Dez has regained the juice. He had lost it.
Gotchu. I think the juice is there in spurts, just not for a full game of snaps. Good points tho solid argument

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Posters on here genuinely believe he can’t beat those guys. One dude even told me Dez would drop every pass even if he was open lol so don’t worry too much about making a sensible argument

Yeah, that's the other false narrative, that Bryant was the 'king of drops'!
:laugh:

tunahelper

Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/stephen-jones-dez-bryant-texted-150028444.html Dez wants to sign a deal with the Cowboys and Stephen is discussing it in the media. The artickle goes on to say that a 1 day deal is far more conceivable

Dez has passion.
  • Red Zone threat.
  • Could be a 600 yd 7 TD receiver.
  • Is open to taking on any role.
  • Would be great out of the slot.
  • A chain mover.
  • The man is a real Cowboy, born and breed.
  • Dez knew that Garrett sucked.

Dez would be a great bridge in this new offense that creates specific roles for skill players in certain down and distances. MM created schemes in GB to manufacture efficiency on 3rd downs and in the red-zone. I think Dez has been humbled and this is a chance for Dez and the Cowboys to redeem themselves. The Boys took Witten back and they should do the same for Dez. Just give the man an opportunity, he deserves that.

Go Dallas!!!

No thank you. Diminished skills, injury prone, and cannot run routes well. Also had a tough time learning the playbook just think what will happen if MM starts tinkering with route tree.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Bryant hasn't done anything but Tweet in years. He was a distaction and melted down too many times. Just no.
He posted a career high 12 drops during his final season in Dallas.
That's something. :laugh:

Reactions: G2

kskboys

Reaction score
Would love to have dez in the slot running short to intermediate routes. He’s a dog after the catch
Will he run his routes and work to get open this time? He never would use his physical skills to run shorter routes. What makes you think he's changed?

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
He was always the best option and sometimes you don’t have to fight every play knowing that. This time around he’d have to earn every snap. I’d like to kick the tires. It couldn’t hurt us. If he acts out we cut him and we back where we were. If he is nice it’s a home run

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Same people in here hating and taking personal shots would be the same ones trying to get their little weak snot nosed kid a autograph from Dez in 2014

Sydla

Reaction score
Geezus.

Look, I think it's a waste of time and likely nothing but a distraction but I guess if they brought him in to compete for a spot, I guess I would be OK with it. But frankly, it seems like it would be a waste of everyone's time and resources. The ship has sailed. This franchise has to get beyond guys they have gotten rid of (or should get rid of).