Please Try And Convince Me Again

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
#1 This team is not over rated

#2 We do not need a legitimate #2 WR. If Ownes or Witten are not open we have to hope that for one play a game Austin steps up. Its been 3 games in a row now defense have taken Ownes and Witten out of the offense and we have looked horrible. Jerry keeps preaching about Austin, Hurd, and Stainback yet you never hear from Hurd and Stainback is inactive.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
we are extremely overrated.

we don't need another wr. we need a qb who isn't a mental midget and knows how to hold on to the ball.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Rampage;2330389 said:

we don't need another wr. we need a qb who isn't a mental midget and knows how to hold on to the ball.

:laugh2:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For our quality of our talent we are not overrated. For the level of our play we are however.

The asking price for Roy Williams probably just went up.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
No convincing from me. THis team may go down as the most hyped and most overrated and disappointing team in the history of the Cowboys. :(

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2330279 said:

#2 We do not need a legitimate #2 WR. If Ownes or Witten are not open we have to hope that for one play a game Austin steps up. Its been 3 games in a row now defense have taken Ownes and Witten out of the offense and we have looked horrible. Jerry keeps preaching about Austin, Hurd, and Stainback yet you never hear from Hurd and Stainback is inactive.

I don't know if we are overrated. I really don't. I see a lot of flaws, but the talent is definetly there, but there are glaring problems. 4-2 is not where you panic. I see 4 problems, problems that probably won't be adressed this year, but I think the team has enough talent to overcome most of it.

#1. Wade Phillips- He is not a good Head Coach. He is like a fan out there cheering and sulking. He is way too soft on his players and doesn't hold them accountable.

#2. Brian Stewart- I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but if we get a 7 point lead, he turns the defense into swiss cheese. He goes into soft zone like he has to protect the lead. With the offense able to score points, he has to be agressive and not play like he has no help on the offensive side of the ball.

#3. Jason Freaking Garrett- The guy has lost what ever swagger he had as a play caller. I remember a time when this offense cruised under his guidence. It's totally flipped. He is calling that fake slant draw play every single drive and it's fooling nobody. We've run a reverse 3 games in a row, and he doesn't call slants and crossing routes early to get TO involved.

#4. Bruce Read- What can you say? Blown kickoff coverage, horrible punt return and punt coverage teams, Lazy blocking on FGs and Punts. The guy should not have made it out of the preseason.

#5. Jerry Jones- Knowing Wades history, he should have fired Wade and his staff right after the loss in the playoffs last year.

Like I said, we are 4-2. But we are what we are, and that isn't changing anytime soon.

coogrfan

Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far, but my goodness the o-line has looked awful the last 2-3 weeks.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2330463 said:
For our quality of our talent we are not overrated. For the level of our play we are however.

The asking price for Roy Williams probably just went up.

Jerry has an over inflated opinion of this teams talent. We aren't and were never really going to go after Roy Williams, imo.

The way defenses have kept Owens hushed, you would think Jerry would be more proactive in trying to get this offense some help.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Rampage;2330389 said:

That mental midget is perhaps the only reason why we became a playoff caliber team two years ago. Knocking one of the best QBs in the league is stupid, just like the majority of the **** you post.

He was knocked down 20+ times today. Our protection is the problem, not a pro bowl QB that makes big time throws when it matters most.

****ing moron.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
GoinForSix;2330565 said:
That mental midget is perhaps the only reason why we became a playoff caliber team two years ago. Knocking one of the best QBs in the league is stupid, just like the majority of the **** you post.

He was knocked down 20+ times today. Our protection is the problem, not a pro bowl QB that makes big time throws when it matters most.

****ing moron.
it's all on the o-line right?:rolleyes: Romo is never responsible even when he can't protect the ball. people like you are funny

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I can't really blame the Oline

the AZ cards played the game perfectly, line up the DEs wide so they can blow by players who struggle w/ speed, Colombo and Flozell

we tried to chip them maybe once, and that was late in the 4th

Garrett really is in over his head

starchamber

Reaction score

You left out #3. A head coach that leads instead fo being led...Somebody wake me when the HC and DC have been dragged into the streets of downtown Dallas and fired....

:banghead:

sacase

Reaction score
I think we need RW. I think we need a head coach with fire. I think we need to get rid of reed

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score

of course we're overrated but we have an over-abundance of homers as fans an enabling owner and terrible coach.

we dont' need a #2. we've misused Felix all year (tight hammy now) who would be more useful than a #2WR if Red learned how to use our weapons and Romo fumbles too many balls to sustain drives.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
1. The Special Teams Blow and will cost us a season

2. This defense is missing something, don't know what it is, but it's missing something. IMO if I had to guess it's pass rush yes Ware is great (although a little overratted IMO) Ellis normally puts up the number, Spencer hasn't reached his potential. We can't come up with a consistent rush that gets to the QB.

3. #2 WR (Terry Glenn) Why did this guy get hurt:banghead: ? We miss him A LOT