RELEASED Poe and Worley Officially Cut

Creeper

Reaction score
At least we got a 6th for Griffen. Not bad for a guy that was a FA in August

Has anyone seen the conditions that move that 6th to a 5th? I have a feeling he is going to get some sacks for the Lions. But I have no idea if that matters do Dallas.

mrmojo

Reaction score
No wonder Mickey Spagnola was up in arms yesterday about Poe and the d-line....he probably already knew this was going down because he never criticizes anything Cowboy unless Jerry allows him too...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Smart negotiating Jones. Let it be known that if you can't trade them, you'll release them. Then why would someone trade for them?
Nobody was trading for them. That's like hoping Dak was traded for 4 1st round picks.
They sent feelers and got less than nothing so cut the cord.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
This is a start, but I will be impressed once Crawford, Lewis, and Woods are either dealt or released
Crawford definitely but I’m curious as to who is going to replace Lewis and Woods. It’s not like the Cowboys have a bunch of DB’s stashed away that are game-ready.

aria

Reaction score
Nah. Some just thought so.
I've been saying for seasons the talent is not there. Which is why your posts through the offseason had been so awesome to me.

This team has not been close, talent-wise for a while and it won't be for a while either.
Not that I'm upset. It's a game and I treat it as such, but it's true.

You know who's been preaching the same thing and nobody gets it, or him?
@Idgit

I'm sure my cool points just went down by the hundreds, lol.
I didn’t buy the hype last season but I bought a little this season because I thought the secondary would be our only big deficiency. I hated letting Byron go and wasn’t a fan of letting Quinn go but I figured there would be enough there to let our offense win games for us.

I never dreamed the D could be this bad, even though I was skeptical of Nolan and MM. Hell, I think college teams could do a better job. These guys are pathetic.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I didn’t buy the hype last season but I bought a little this season because I thought the secondary would be our only big deficiency. I hated letting Byron go and wasn’t a fan of letting Quinn go but I figured there would be enough there to let our offense win games for us.

I never dreamed the D could be this bad, even though I was skeptical of Nolan and MM. Hell, I think college teams could do a better job. These guys are pathetic.
You always did also have a bit of a hard-on for the OL.
I watched and thought: No.
Not for a few years.

I do agree with you with most everything else, including Zeke.
And Dak throwing for astronomical numbers with Zeke being a poppet really hammered it in for me.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Crawford definitely but I’m curious as to who is going to replace Lewis and Woods. It’s not like the Cowboys have a bunch of DB’s stashed away that are game-ready.
Chido is coming back and Reggie Robinson can be active on game days for once

dstew60105

Reaction score
Crawford must have pictures of the Joneses on the party bus because has not done a thing in the last 4 seasons. Do people realize that he has made more money then Dak in the same time period. He has got to be top 10 in player salary.

Pretty sure Crawford is a UFA after this year. Cutting him doesn’t save anything.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nobody was trading for them. That's like hoping Dak was traded for 4 1st round picks.
They sent feelers and got less than nothing so cut the cord.
Just cut em, don't tell the world you're looking to trade them since you know it won't happen.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
"Cut me in the morning"
"Then just walk awayy"
"We don't have tomorrow"
"But we had yesterdayyy"

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
While many are rejoicing in these departures just remember now that we're woefully thin on an train wreck of a team from an injury stand point. I don't understand the reasoning in bringing in veteran talent and then running a scheme that is absolutely counter productive to what the talent does well. I can assure you this rest at the feet of both the players as well as Mike "HotSauce Eye" Nolan who seem like he's trying to destroy the organization. I think we are most certainly in the race for Trevor at this point because with these injuries lack of depth teams are going to line up to stick to Jerry Jones the long way. It's just sad that it had to come to this but here we are.

Trevor thinking about returning to Clemson, non-committal on coming out for Draft.

All the Dak haters that had hard-ons for Trevor just went limp:laugh:

bigE79

Reaction score
this is conjecture. at best. It is human nature to look at what changed when things stop working. was JG a top 10 coach no but if anything he got the most out of the guys in the circus that is the Dallas Cowboys. I remember so many crowing about the Nolan and Tomsula signing for the defense. The whole fit the scheme to the players mantra by MM. There has been a disconnect some where. The guys on defense definitely do not look like they are playing a scheme that was fitted to them, looks more like a scheme they were saddled with. I find it hard to believe 11-13 guys all basically forgot how to play defense.
True..but don't forget,this has been going on for quite a while with different coach's with pretty much the same results...I'm not saying Nolan is great but I'm thinking is more about the lack of talent we have.

nathanlt

Reaction score
When he got cut I immediately thought of you and wondered if you were going to wander back in from the cold.

I'm true blue, one sport, one team fan from the days of Roger Staubach. I'm very happy about it, and I'll stick with them through these lean times ahead. These guys need to remember that they are America's Team, ... Americans without hyphens, we are all in this together!