Points on Philly..

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I just reviewed the tape of our last game with Philly and there was some things I noticed..

-Kalu isn't that quick off the ball. Tucker is pretty athletic, I think he can have success here.

- Against us the last time, and in Washington, we can expose the flats.

- The draw was good against them. In long yardage situatins, Jones exposed the Eagles.

- Jones should be the starter, watch the Philly game, you can see it in his running ability.

- If we get there corners in one on one situations, we need to exploit it. Price or Glenn need to stretch teh field on them. Glenn had tremendous sucess when he was singled.

- Philly had 8 rushing yards in the 1st quarter, and by my count, ran 3 times. Let's not let them get into a rythm of running the ball again.

- Greg Lewis looked pretty good against us. He was the only one who was consistantly getting open...let's see how he does without the presence TO brings to the FIELD.

-BLITZ. We blitzed ALOT against Philly last time. The WR got open, but alot of times the pressure forced McNabb into throwing really bad passes, alot of em in the dirt.

- I counted alot of times, even when Westbrook would go out for a pass where he would chip Ware. He needs to be a force like he usually is, freeing up others to come in and get some hits on McNabb.

- Westbrook can now pretty much be singled out. If we take away Westbrook, it could get hard for McNabb to get anything going.

- Field Position. I think somehting like 17/20 of our first plays came in Philly territory. We need to win the field position, hidden yardage will be big in this game. Philly will be ready, they are out to prove they are still good. We can't give them anything.

It's going to be a dog fight. I think we are more physical than Philly. I haven't fealt too good about Philly games, but now I am positive we can matchup very well with them. Don't let McNabb get settled. Controll teh clock. Pound it out. We have 3 good backs, lets keep them fresh, and keep pounding the ball. If things go right we run 40+ times, and come out with a hard fought win.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
No it will not be a cakewalk by any means it will be a dog fight.......but!!!! If we can pull it off it will make the "W" enen more the sweeter.

Mansta54

Reaction score
This game isn't gonna be that close at all. We will DOMINATE Philly again. They flatout can't block our Dline and this time their center Fraley is out. Kalu also isn't playing so Tucker won't have to worry about him. Defensively, Phillys CB's especially Shepperd can't run with Glen and he knows it. They haven't even see Price's speed on the other side yet. Philly use to kick our butt cause they were more talented then us, well it isn't like that anymore as the first game proved. We are more talented and just flatout better then them now. On MNF we will beat them badly. Boyz 35 Philly 13

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Talent wise we closed the gap, but like I said, we are more physical. Dallas is a very physical team. Lots of Size on defense, as well as good speed. We beat people up.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Everybodys giving Philly respect under the "wounded dog" theory but I don't buy it at all. Like I said, we will beat them badly again. BP has our Boyz ready to roll. It won't be close gang...

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Ya I don't buy into that either. Im not sure how it would change anything. I respect the talent they have...however the argument that they are still very good without TO just isn't true. The Philly teams that were really good had Hugh Douglas in his prime, so overall the pass rush was alot better. THEY ALSO HAD A RUNNING GAME. Westbrook was always good, but Deuce gave them the dimension they have tried to replace since he left. Levens did an adequate job of it. Lamar Gordon doesn't scare me

Mansta54

Reaction score
Yeah, and we beat dat azz real good, WITH T.O. I'm tellin ya dogg, this one won't be close at all. Our O will look great on MNF and McNabb will be running for his life all nite long.. I'm telling you, they can't block us upfront and thats where it all starts... I don't even know who their backup center is but I GUARANTEE you that Fergi and Glover school him all nite long...

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I agree mang. We are a physical team. If we Blitz as much as we did last time, and with TO out, I think we definately afford to, we will give him fits all game long. The Eagles havea small D Line. Corey Simon was a big part of their success, he's gone. THey really aren't very well suited to face a line like ours, which is all beef. We will run it right at them.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Agreed and them missing Fraley is HUGE. Whoever their backup center is, Glover will be all over him. Heat up the middle will hurry McNabb into bad throws. I see a few picks this game too..

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Mansta54 said:
Agreed and them missing Fraley is HUGE. Whoever their backup center is, Glover will be all over him. Heat up the middle will hurry McNabb into bad throws. I see a few picks this game too..

mansta 54 got it going on.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Philly is still dangerous. We are not yet good enough to dominate. We have too many young players and we are wounded as well.

We need to play good smart ball, not turn it over, convert more in the red zone and make Philly pay for their blitzes.

Mansta54

Reaction score
jobberone said:
Philly is still dangerous. We are not yet good enough to dominate.

Maaan we DOMINATED them the first time this year and they had T.O. and their starting center. We are a better team this time around. Our rookies have gotten more game time and have improved each and every game. Oh yes, we can DOMINATE and we've proved it already. Believe me, 33 to 10 is complete DOMINATION.

followthestar

Reaction score
i've chimed in on all these posts, and i agree with those who say the Eagles won't be fighting like wounded dogs - they'll be kicked around like wounded dogs. they don't have any fight left in them and they'll fold up in the second half trying to come back with big plays. cowboys should dominate again - but philly might get lucky a few times. 27-17 was my call...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
I just reviewed the tape of our last game with Philly and there was some things I noticed..

-Kalu isn't that quick off the ball. Tucker is pretty athletic, I think he can have success here.

Kalu might not even play due to injury. Trent Cole is much faster, but Tucker has nice size and should be alright. If we have to "help" him, then we are in trouble.

- The draw was good against them. In long yardage situatins, Jones exposed the Eagles.

That depends solely on how aggressive they are on defense. I think they will be even more dynamic and exotic with their blitzes. I almost want to guarantee a few corner blitzes in a way.

- Jones should be the starter, watch the Philly game, you can see it in his running ability.

He might "start", but I would use Barber liberally. He is a better ball control runner IMO.

- If we get there corners in one on one situations, we need to exploit it. Price or Glenn need to stretch teh field on them. Glenn had tremendous sucess when he was singled.

You will see that, I am sure. What I am not confident about is Price. I wonder if we are even bothering to use him right.

- Philly had 8 rushing yards in the 1st quarter, and by my count, ran 3 times. Let's not let them get into a rythm of running the ball again.

Westbrook put his contract situation behind him. There is no Owens. They are starting an unexperienced center. Run blocking is easier and takes fewer calls at the line than pass protection. You do the math.

- Greg Lewis looked pretty good against us. He was the only one who was consistantly getting open...let's see how he does without the presence TO brings to the FIELD.

Who was covering Lewis? I only caught bits and pieces of that game.

-BLITZ. We blitzed ALOT against Philly last time. The WR got open, but alot of times the pressure forced McNabb into throwing really bad passes, alot of em in the dirt.

I would still blitz but not as much. He looked more like the old McNabb on several plays against Washington.

- Westbrook can now pretty much be singled out. If we take away Westbrook, it could get hard for McNabb to get anything going.

I agree with this. He is their lone special player.

- Field Position. I think somehting like 17/20 of our first plays came in Philly territory. We need to win the field position, hidden yardage will be big in this game. Philly will be ready, they are out to prove they are still good. We can't give them anything.

That is one thing that helped us more than anything else in that game. A short field works wonders. Their new punter is terrible, so hopefully we get a few shanks.

It's going to be a dog fight. I think we are more physical than Philly. I haven't fealt too good about Philly games, but now I am positive we can matchup very well with them. Don't let McNabb get settled. Controll teh clock. Pound it out. We have 3 good backs, lets keep them fresh, and keep pounding the ball. If things go right we run 40+ times, and come out with a hard fought win.

We undoubtedly are a superior team on paper. We "should" win. But I would not be amazed if we lost another close one.

lspain1

Reaction score
The Eagles are going to try to turn the 'hidden yardage' around on us this game. I expect thay are going to work very hard on run/pash blitzes this week to take our running game out, force us to throw for a disadvantage and try for turnovers and seriously negative plays.

Shorten the field for McNabb and get a break or two on defense and this game will get very difficult. Get the crowd heavily involved and OL mistakes can happen as well. Anyone predicting a blowout, I feel is being overly optimistic.

I'm not trying to be a doomsayer here. Dallas has been more physical and our guys have shown they don't quit. The Eagles have collapsed this year on a couple of occasions. They are hurting in a number of key spots and their depth is lacking. But, at home, some of those problems can be dealt with. Their defense limited a pretty potent Charger team. They will fight hard. I suspect that while giving up the NFC East dominance is difficult, they would rather anyone else have it than Dallas.

Parcells had a great game plan at home. He will need a good one here as well and our guys will need intensity and execution to win. Just as it should be.

Reaction score
I see us going for the throat early...
If we can get the crowd out of the game early, we can do damage...

I loved how we picked up Westbrook before he got the ball...I would do the same thing...Cover him right out of the backfield...Force McChunky soup to go to lesser players...

But, I would blitz him more...Up the middle, forcing him into our DE's...
We have much more speed then in years past, so we have the D to get him now...

Just allowing him time in the pocket would be wrong...Knock him out!

If Henry isn't healthy it will be a big loss for our D...Players must step up...
Burnett, is it your time to shine?

Champsheart

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:

- Against us the last time, and in Washington, we can expose the flats.

- I counted alot of times, even when Westbrook would go out for a pass where he would chip Ware. He needs to be a force like he usually is, freeing up others to come in and get some hits on McNabb.

Good Post, and a few observations I see based on this going into Monday night.

1. Most likely Kalu will not be playing. He is listed as doubtfull. Tucker will be seeing a quicker Trent Cole (Rookie). I think he only ways like 225.

2. Yes, we did Blitz Philly alot and McNabb missed some chances last time. This worries me because McNabb looked much better last week with his mobility and accuracy. I think he has a better chance of beating the blitz if he plays like last week, both with his feet and arm.

3. I do not see anyway the Field Position goes like it did last time, we will be playing with a longer field. I just do not see that happening 2 times in a row. Not that dominate anyway.

4. Pounding the ball. This will be key, but does worry me because I do not expect the same success as last game. Philly has played the run much better at home, much better. Example would be holding LT to basically nothing. I have watched their games and for some reason their run defense looks much different at home versus the road.

5. I think they are going to blitz the heck out of Bledsoe. I expect a full attack mode from their defense and this worries me. Our O-Line will need to play their best game of the year.

Yes, this is going to be a tough game! Real tough! After what happened last game, Philly's man hood has been challenged. Their season is in hanging from a thread, and they have no choice but to win this game.

I fully expect to see the best performance they have Monday Night, but will that be enough?

Yes, we have closed the gap, as a matter of fact we are a better team IMO, and if we where to play them 10 times on a neutral site I believe we win 6 or 7 of the games.

This one game though, and everthing that is surrounding it with the intangibles really worries me.

We will have to fight and scrape and play very solid. Anyway we can come out with a win I will be very happy.