1. SPORGWIRE.com
    The best Sports Newswire on the internet!
    SPORGWIRE provides you with an easy way to keep up with the latest sports news,
    rumors, reviews, videos and more from sports sites all over the internet!
    Follow your favorite teams and sports leagues and
    the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personal sports news site for the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Guess Dallas’ top 3 needs for the 2019 draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Setackin, Jun 6, 2018.

?

pick 3

This poll will close on Jun 6, 2019 at 5:22 PM.
  1. QB

2. RB

3. WR

4. OL (adding all positions together for more choices)

5. TE

6. LB

7. DL(adding all positions together for more choices)

8. CB

9. S (putting FS and SS together)

10. K

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ColoCowboy

ColoCowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

574 Messages
    1,061 Likes Received
    The so-called "money" positions are QB, LT, pass-rusher, CB and, probably, WR.

You could make an argument that anyone of these five could be a Cowboy focus in 2019.

I suspect that, even with average results, Dak's job is secure. Personally, I believe he is our franchise QB. Regardless what I think, the Cowboys give every indication that they are "all-in" with Dak. Even if Dak isn't the QB of the future, I could easily see the Cowboys doubling-down on Rush or White.

Should Smith's back troubles persist, I could easily the Cowboys drafting a LT in the 1st or 2nd round. Too much of their identity is linked to a dominate OL and I don't see a change in direction coming.

While the DL has all the appearances of taking a strong step forward, all could be for naught if DLaw isn't resigned, if Irving isn't resigned or if Crawford is cut. As much as I would like to see a top-notch DT1 drafted (or, experienced player signed), I think we target a DT3 very early in the draft.

And that brings us to CB. Although I believe the biggest area for improvement in the defensive backfield is FS, history suggests we target a CB.

To some up, I see us targeting a OL, DL and CB in the early rounds of the 2019 draft.... Something entirely different for a change.

:)

2. northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation Well-Known Member

3,792 Messages
    2,942 Likes Received
    The vote is cast... nice thread setackin

Setackin likes this.
  3. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

1,155 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    Tough to pick 3, there's so many youngsters on this team. At present tight end is a huge need, with Witten gone, but if say, Swaim turns into another Gronkowski, then that need goes away for the most part, e.g.
    Some think Gallup is going to be the next Irvin, in which case WR need drops.
    And on an on.

But one thing's for sure - what we think we need now WILL change by 2019...

waving monkey likes this.
  4. QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra Well-Known Member

1,421 Messages
    1,035 Likes Received
    Pretty obviously WR, DT, and S at this point. TEs might have less talent than DL and WR, but it's a less important position & only has one or two players on the field at a time.

5. Setackin

Setackin radioactivecowboy88 Zone Supporter

2,746 Messages
    3,082 Likes Received
    *takes a bow

Lol thx

6. Setackin

Setackin radioactivecowboy88 Zone Supporter

2,746 Messages
    3,082 Likes Received
    DT Safety and WR looks to be everyone’s main concern. Interesting. Literally the 3 I voted for have making this lol

7. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

8,692 Messages
    8,140 Likes Received
    I think DT is for two reasons. This team's stubbornness on 1 Tech's plus the likelihood that David Irving will hit the open market next year.

WR is due to the uncertainty at the position. We are as deep at WR as I can remember but we clearly don't have a true #1 WR . The team is now trying to sell the fan base that you don't really need a #1.

Safety is because the Jeff Heath Fan Boys are running out of excuses. Woods is a mystery and Frazier is limited. The team inquired about Earl Thomas before the draft but then ignored one of the best Safety draft classes in recent memory once Seattle wouldn't budge on their asking price.

8. CPanther95

CPanther95 Well-Known Member

1,367 Messages
    1,522 Likes Received
    DL, S, LB

9. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

1,155 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    With the new guys at receiver I don't see that WR is a sure need for 2019, that might change if Hurns can't be the no. 1, the coaches can't scheme to get Beasley single coverage, Gallup or Wilson can't figure out the pro game, Thompson flops and Williams doesn't recover from injury.

But that's a lot of failures, don't see that happening. And with the new guys and a new receiver's coach, probably will take more than this year to set up a solid receiving corps.

I'd have to put LB ahead of WR, Lee's missed too many games and he's 31, J. Smith's still questionable as to his knee & his play recognition, Wilson is a stop gap player, Vander Esch only a MLB it appears and the other guys don't appear to be anything special (though that could change)...