Twitter: Pollard says he tore his left plantar fascia

slick325

Reaction score
Didn't Amari Cooper have this issue (not this season) and continued to play through it?

shabazz

Reaction score
He'll be missed, but it's not like we lost Derrick Henry or something

conner01

Reaction score
It is. Shoot him up and he can play
They will give him PRP and pain injections
But I don’t know that he goes this week but we shall see. It’s gonna be something he has to play with a few weeks either way

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Mine took a year.

It's a nagging, annoying injury that takes forever to heal because it's weight bearing.

But apparently it's better if you completely tear it as Pollard has. I still can't imagine it not being an issue the rest of the season.
Pain aside, can you run on it?

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Put Micah in the backfield
He can play both ways lol
jack-nicholson-jack.gif

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
This is an injury players can play thru. It may limit him some...

conner01

Reaction score
Been there, took me 4 months. Good luck Tony.
They are young and have world class treatments
They also don’t have anything to do but rehab so pro athletes generally recover faster but everyone is different
It’s painful and one’s ability to deal with the pain is different than others ability

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is usually a long term recovery multiple weeks. Very painful. I highly doubt he plays the next two games.

2288--- this is season ending from what i have gathered?....but

Woody this is what i was able to locate medical journal of torn or ruptured plantar fascia------Recovery time was varied. Ten feet were asymptomatic by 6 months post rupture, four feet by 12 months post rupture, and 26 feet remained symptomatic 1 year post rupture. Our findings demonstrate that plantar fascia rupture after corticosteroid injection may result in long-term sequelae that are difficult to resolve.