Twitter: Pollard says he tore his left plantar fascia

lkelly

Reaction score
Imagine being that Saints DB and knowing that you couldn't even catch, with the angle, a guy running with a broken wheel.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
2288--- this is season ending from what i have gathered?....but

Woody this is what i was able to locate medical journal of torn or ruptured plantar fascia------Recovery time was varied. Ten feet were asymptomatic by 6 months post rupture, four feet by 12 months post rupture, and 26 feet remained symptomatic 1 year post rupture. Our findings demonstrate that plantar fascia rupture after corticosteroid injection may result in long-term sequelae that are difficult to resolve.

this is no game time decision stuff unless the reporting is inaccurate

lkelly

Reaction score
2288--- this is season ending from what i have gathered?....but

Woody this is what i was able to locate medical journal of torn or ruptured plantar fascia------Recovery time was varied. Ten feet were asymptomatic by 6 months post rupture, four feet by 12 months post rupture, and 26 feet remained symptomatic 1 year post rupture. Our findings demonstrate that plantar fascia rupture after corticosteroid injection may result in long-term sequelae that are difficult to resolve.

The word sequelae isn't used enough on this forum. I believe it's the noise that Jerry makes after he drinks a particularly large belt of scotch. Usually followed by a sly grin and maybe some leering at the latest girlfriend his grandson brought into the owner's box.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Planters fasciitis. You can run on it, you can’t walk on it. I’ve had it it freaking hurts

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Woody--unless reporting is inaccurate....cannot find anyone coming back from torn or ruptured plantar fascia any less than 6 months?.....i have torn through medical journals which are available to public....and the "ito" guy is no replacement at all for Pollard...i mean as far as quality...and with Zeke hurting?....i hope our player personnel dude pulls rabbit out of his hat?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He tore his plantar fascia. This is different.

I’m wondering if he tore it during or at the end of the play because he still blew the doors off the Saints defense but he got pushed at the end.

This might be nothing but a mild pain issue that he can run on with no issue.
You can run with it, you can’t walk with it. As long as you don’t have to go on your heel

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The word sequelae isn't used enough on this forum. I believe it's the noise that Jerry makes after he drinks a particularly large belt of scotch. Usually followed by a sly grin and maybe some leering at the latest girlfriend his grandson brought into the owner's box.

i just copied and paste...from a dumbed down medical journal....i did not care myself for that word as recovery time for ruptured area Pollard has...no less than 6 months...but maybe they do this cortisone shoot him up and go play stuff....highly doubt it........unless reporting is inaccurate....torn or ruptured area his season is over....hope i am so wrong i will take all the heat if we can somehow get a healthy Pollard back

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
blame the coaches and tell coaches to play pollard more and this is why..we now know why the fans need to shut up and let the coaches coach..poor zekes limping and had to close out the game..poor pollard, he isnt zeke..

egg on all your faces saying pollard needed more snaps after that big run and turns out he hurt himself..smh

coaches know what's up, you all dont..pollards also not a lead back you can count on for a heavy load weve been saying this and no one listens. He never got touched and hurt himself..

Kamara, cooks, and Cmac and others all keep landing on the inured list and missing games..thats why..its tough game the fact zeke only missed one game in 5 years dude to injury with his heavy load says all you need to know about lead back vs a change of pace style back..

Its a shame hes hurt but his only advantage over zeke was a big run here and there.. with foot he will struggle to even offer anything to a regulars run game..

Nope he was better in the passing game as well.

LOL.........a big run here and there. Nothing great about that. Lets just brush aside the big plays. Who needs those anyway right?

Qcard

Reaction score
Pollard is fragile.
Uh oh:lmao2::lmao2:

Looks like a duck...

I think folks understand now why Pollard can't get bulk touches..Zeke is a legit 220lbs and still gets wrecked.

This game is inhumane...by design

HungryLion

Reaction score
Mine took a year.

It's a nagging, annoying injury that takes forever to heal because it's weight bearing.

But apparently it's better if you completely tear it as Pollard has. I still can't imagine it not being an issue the rest of the season.

I’m dealing with it right now. It makes me want to rip my foot off some days because it’s so annoying.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Pain aside, can you run on it?

I can do everything I need with the injury. Including ride my bicycle, motorcycle, etc.

it’s painful and annoying at times but doesn’t limit me.

but I also don’t run a 4.4 getting chased by defenders and have to make sharp cuts, etc.