Twitter: Pollard says he tore his left plantar fascia

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m dealing with it right now. It makes me want to rip my foot off some days because it’s so annoying.
The worst part is getting up in the morning you have to slide your foot you really can’t walk on it. I’m OK on my toes I just can’t walk on my heels. It should be OK to run with.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
See sit him for the PO! Only thing about that is you have to make the PO first. Had not --- around on several games maybe we could sit him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Perhaps the RB we got from Philly, Clement, might come in handy to give us something meaningful with Pollard injured. Zeke has his own problem with that bum knee, so this puts a strain on our running game, for sure. Hopefully, we'll be able to deal with it respectably.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The worst part is getting up in the morning you have to slide your foot you really can’t walk on it. I’m OK on my toes I just can’t walk on my heels. It should be OK to run with.

Agreed. Once you get “warmed up” it’d not that bad. Like there can be pain but you can still put full weight on the foot.

it’s after sleeping or sitting down for a while it hurts.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agreed. Once you get “warmed up” it’d not that bad. Like there can be pain but you can still put full weight on the foot.

it’s after sleeping or sitting down for a while it hurts.
I was doing a lot of walking through the city of Boston. Limping everywhere. Lol. I found it was actually better off the light jog. On the balls of my feet. But everybody’s different. Only Tony knows we can put up with

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Perhaps the RB we got from Philly, Clement, might come in handy to give us something meaningful with Pollard injured. Zeke has his own problem with that bum knee, so this puts a strain on our running game, for sure. Hopefully, we'll be able to deal with it respectably.
Will do the opposite of what New England and Buffalo did. I’ll just throw Every down. Lol why not we have all our stars back

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mine took a year.

It's a nagging, annoying injury that takes forever to heal because it's weight bearing.

But apparently it's better if you completely tear it as Pollard has. I still can't imagine it not being an issue the rest of the season.
And, he still might play? :huh:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The trainers will wrap his foot up tightly, I imagine, if he's even allowed to play. I'm not counting on it, however, since it's so recent of an injury.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m dealing with it right now. It makes me want to rip my foot off some days because it’s so annoying.

You ever try spreading your toes out… Like just being barefoot and trying to spread them away from each other?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s a weird injury though. Like once you get warmed up and moving at times you barely feel it.

other times especially after laying or sitting down for prolonged times. It’s like stepping on a knife with each step until it gets warmed up again
Oh, well that's a relief! :muttley:
Sheesh.
"Well, doc, it only hurts when I'm awake."

ESisback

Reaction score
IMO, we can jumpstart the running game by expanding the playbook. Uptempo, two back formations, jet sweeps, quick pitches, misdirection, wildcat, hulk packages, etc. Roll Dak out, play action, etc.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You ever try spreading your toes out… Like just being barefoot and stretching them?

No I have not. Does that help?

I just bought these massage balls that I can roll my foot on. You can freeze them or heat them

I’m waiting for Amazon to deliver them and I hope they help.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Oh, well that's a relief! :muttley:
Sheesh.
"Well, doc, it only hurts when I'm awake."

I guess my point is. Depending on the pain level. There are times where it hurts, BUT it doesn’t really limit you.

you can still use your foot for whatever you need to.

hopefully pollards is similar in that. It’s going to hurt. But he can still play at a relatively high level and just cope with the pain.