Pollard will be a game changer for this offense

J12B

Reaction score

The way he ended the season, especially that Rams game, just showed what he is capable of.

If Elliot goes down, the offense will not miss a beat.

He may not have the power Zeke has, but he's got break away speed and will be burning opposing defenses. *4 fire emojis*

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The way he ended the season, especially that Rams game, just showed what he is capable of.

He may not have the power Zeke has, but he's got break away speed and will be burning opposing defenses. *4 fire emojis*

The combo of the two is perfect. Just needs to be more 60/40 Zeke instead of 90/10. And Pollard needs to lead the RB position in the passing game.

Zeke going down for 3 or 4 games I wouldn't mind at all. But the season or half the season probably wouldn't be the best situation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The combo of the two is perfect. Just needs to be more 60/40 Zeke instead of 90/10. And Pollard needs to lead the RB position in the passing game.

Zeke going down for 3 or 4 games I wouldn't mind at all. But the season or half the season probably wouldn't be the best situation.
They’d never do 60/40 paying Zeke all that money.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Pollard gives us an added dimension that defenses must account for, but saying the offense won't miss a beat without Elliott is the definition of stretch. Your best chance for winning is to have a talented and healthy ball club with a good coaching staff.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Haters.... every player has them. :rolleyes:

Pollard definitely needs to be more involved. Would like to see more formations with both Zeke and Pollard in the game. Need to see Pollard in the passing game more.

quickccc

Reaction score

coming from an utter zeke hater, not surprised ...

:angry:

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Yes.

Pollard means you take Zeke or a 3rd WR off the field.

"Sit your butt down Zeke! Pollard got this!"

"Get yerself off the field CeeDee! Pollard is coming in!"

You nailed it!

J12B

Reaction score
Yes.

Pollard means you take Zeke or a 3rd WR off the field.

"Sit your butt down Zeke! Pollard got this!"

"Get yerself off the field CeeDee! Pollard is coming in!"

You nailed it!
:facepalm:

First off, Zeke takes himself off.

Secondly and most importantly: Never take Lamb off the field.

Never.

quickccc

Reaction score
With the pandemic wiping out the entire off season i think it will make it tougher to design scheme and
work with pollard better as much a sit could be.
but admittedly because of Kellen moore poor utilzation of the RBs in the pass game,
as well as Moore ignoring and phasing Pollard out of the game (on more than one occasion), i believe Polard's
best chances have to come from the influence of Mccarthy and his other assistants.ala Peete/Phillibin,..

- The same ways that can be suggested for Lamb around the line - ala jet sweeps, smoke screens, quick slants,
but i think Pollard has some impressive run skills and tools that can be an explosive impact in the pass game as well
in those designs and game plans as well.
Particularly wheel routes, quick swing and flair passes and those patented RB screens where zeke used to be pure deadly with.

- i've been tracking videos of other top notch designated pass catching backs ala Chargers' Austin Ekeler ,..ex-Eagle Darren Sproles,
. Tarin Cohen, Bears- and ex-Commanders, now Jax's; Chris Thompson .with occasional Alvin kamara Saints.
.and how they are schemed into the pass game.

- i really don't expect Tony to get ball carrying touches with zeke dominating that area; so it may have to be
more so in the pass game,.imo
and it may not be decided and measured by his number amount of touches -but so the splash plays he creates with the
few touches he does get in the pass game. We already know what value Pollard brings as a ball carrier, while his
kick returns and his receiving game will have to be retooled under the new coaching regime.

plasticman

Reaction score
Pollard is already a game changer.

The Cowboys really needed the Detroit win at the time if they still had a chance in the playoffs. They were 5-4. The Lions scored first with a TD after recovering Zeke's fumble on the Cowboy 28.and the Cowboys could only answer with a field goal. The game was a real shootout, the Lion QB was the backup Jeff Driskol and, as usual, the Cowboy defense tried their best to inaugurate the NFL's newest Passing Phenomenon. He threw for 444 yards and 3 TD's....no INT's.......109 passer rating

Okay, anyway, the Cowboys didn't score again until the first drive in the 2nd quarter with Zeke on the bench. The drive was Pollard's. Starting at the Cowboy 30 on 1st and ten he gained 7. after a few nice receptions to Cobb, the Cowboys enedd up on the Detroit 26. On 2nd and ten, Pollard ran for 5 yards. On 3rd down he caught the ball from Dak and ran it in for a 21 yard score when they really needed something to happen.

Later in the game with the Cowboys trying to create more lead after a Zeke TD, Pollard made a great play for the 2 point conversion. The 8 points he scored was the margin of victory. The Cowboys won 35-27.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
So going by a bunch of threads i've seen here, Pollard, Lamb, Gallup, Cooper, Elliot and Jarwin are all gonna be game changers/winners this season. Hmm, I guess we're gonna need to average 300 offensive snaps per game to fit them all in then.