Pop Ups

anava

Reaction score
I have spybot and ad-aware and have run both multiple times but still getting pop ups like crazy. I left for an hour and came back to 50 windows open, Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :banghead:

k19

Reaction score
I run Firefox as a browser instead of IE it works great

anava

Reaction score
I do run on Firefox. So I really dont know what is going on.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like you have gotten something nasty.

http://www.windowsbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41

Go to that link...read the instructions and welcome thread.

Find the hijack this program and download and then post the findings on that board.

It is probably a program hid on your computer that is hard to find and it just starts doing popups if you are connected to the net (like with a cable ISP you may not be surfing the net but there is always a connection as long as the power is on and the modem is connected.)

Hopefully they will be able to find the problem and help you, I know they have helped me once.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We do not show any popups on this site at all. The only ads we show are the google text ads that you see at the top of the page and Google despises popups. You are definitely infected with something.

I HIGHLY recommend SpySweeper at http://www.webroot.com/downloads .. I have used a lot of spyware removal programs and have had the best luck with it.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
anava said:
I have spybot and ad-aware and have run both multiple times but still getting pop ups like crazy. I left for an hour and came back to 50 windows open, Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :banghead:

If you use IE turn off Active X and Java. If you use Mozilla, turn off javascript.

The unfortunate (And sad) part about spyware is that Ad-Aware and Spybot are reactive meaning that the bad guys will always be a step ahead.....

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Also download and install microsofts antispyware program.....it's free for now