Possible free agent additions left

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
My God people they are not going to sign anyone, for some bizzare reason they think this team is ready for the SB
They are.

All you have to do is watch Amari Cooper highlights and wait as our divisional rivals pick two-three times each before our first pick.

LittleD

Reaction score
Get ready for 6-10, don't forget this team was 3-6 at one point

We the QB we have, what difference does it make. We are going to be 8x8 for a far as the eye can see. Jerry is sailing and
counting his billions.

Carson

Reaction score
Ha-Ha Clinto-Dix is someone who could be cheap and could play box safety while Woods mans FS.

Jimmie Ward can play both safety and CB, but he isn't the type of CB that Richard likes.

Wilkerson, Suh, Malcom Brown and Danny Shelton are all DTs that I'd like to see added.

Benson Mayowa is coming back for sure. Done deal.

HaHa is negotiating with the Skins as we speak. He gone

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So we missed out on most/all the top names in this year's class. To be honest, if you really thought we were going to sign some of them, then that's on you. Now I'm trying to look and see which FAs left make sense for this team to sign since they might come at a lower price tag.

I see Ziggy Ansah's name and I am curious. I know there is the shoulder injury but that may drive the price down and he is exactly the type of player the Cowboys would want. A former 1st rounder who is injured. Might be an option.

I also am intrigued by Tyler Eifert. Falls in the same category as Ziggy. Wonder if he is a possibility?

I know some want Tate. I am not a fan and don't see it but maybe.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Normally, we like to try to fill the gaps of our losses with cheap free agents.

We lost Gregory because of suspension, but because we had a first-rounder sitting behind him, I'm not sure we do anything there.

We lost Irving because of stupidity, but he was lost to us last year and we had Collins, Crawford and Ross handling the 3-tech spot in his absence.

So we might add a couple of vets there for depth, but don't necessarily have to.

We also lost Damien Wilson, but renegotiating Sean Lee's contract might be seen as mitigating that. We stand to lose Cameron Fleming as the backup tackle, so I'd expect a cheap vet there.

Beasley signing elsewhere could mean we'll bring back Tavon Austin if he's cheap. If not, we've got Hurns who can play that role, so I won't be surprised if no move is made.

We might lose Swaim, but we already brought back Witten so I wouldn't expect another tight end signing.

A backup RB also will be sought if Rod Smith leaves, but I'm not going to put any names with any of these positions because I think whoever I list would probably price themselves out of Dallas since we shop in the bargain bin.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
You do realize you can sign your own FAs and that is still called signing FAs.

If you want a realistic list you will read what I said.
It is way more realistic than what these other people are thinking.

Just cause you don't like it, don't mean it aint true.
Only one of the names on your list is an actual Free Agent...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Only two teams have yet to sign a free agent as of this very moment:

Dallas, Cincinnati

Sydla

Reaction score
Only two teams have yet to sign a free agent as of this very moment:

Dallas, Cincinnati

We like being members of exclusive clubs.

Like only three teams haven't made a NFCCG in the last 20 years - Commanders, Lions and Cowboys.

fansince68

Reaction score
So we missed out on most/all the top names in this year's class. To be honest, if you really thought we were going to sign some of them, then that's on you. Now I'm trying to look and see which FAs left make sense for this team to sign since they might come at a lower price tag.

I see Ziggy Ansah's name and I am curious. I know there is the shoulder injury but that may drive the price down and he is exactly the type of player the Cowboys would want. A former 1st rounder who is injured. Might be an option.

I also am intrigued by Tyler Eifert. Falls in the same category as Ziggy. Wonder if he is a possibility?

Eifert? How many TE do we need? Why are so in love with a position that we dont know how to utilize?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Cook the TE from Oakland is on my list.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Get ready for 6-10, don't forget this team was 3-6 at one point

:huh: We're a better team from 2018 w/o making a single upgrade IMO ( Coop, Fredbeard, LVE ). Add to that the Skins, Eagles, and Giants have made little or additions so far that's impressed me.

I would at a min reverse your prediction of 6-10 to 10-6......

FaSho

Reaction score
I stopped believing any free agent was a possibility, years ago. We can look at the remaining players every day if we want, but we'll just see that list dwindle while our roster stays the same.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Im just saying get ready, its what this team does, good year, horrible year.
Thats not correct, since Dak has become starter he has never had a losing record. Besides have you not looked at the rest of the division. Dallas is clearly the better and most balanced team without adding anybody.

duro420

Reaction score
My God people they are not going to sign anyone, for some bizzare reason they think this team is ready for the SB

My god people, & blah blah blah. That's you. That's what you type like. Who on earth would expect us to be better than the pats because we signed some free agents? Because that's what you're saying. If we're not SB ready w/ this roster to face the Pats-Cus who the hell else would we face- then adding who iyo would change this? Who could we sign? I think what you and many of these cowboys fans I have to call my people need is viciously condescending run down, not a signing. Right now there's only one system for us to win. Clock controlled rushing, low margin of error, disciplined defense, and quality special teams play. This office knows who we are and what our best chance is to win games- given the personnel on our team- specifically our QB's limit. Why don't you get to know your own team man?

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score

they will only sign guys who are already here, because this is a SB team!! they dont need those other costly FA.
the jones boys know it all so forget about FA.
The only thing left is who do they pick in 2nd round this April?