1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Featured >>>>>>> Possible name change for Washington Redkin s<<<<<<<

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Jul 6, 2020.

1. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

12,304 Messages
    7,533 Likes Received
    here is a good logo lol
    [​IMG]
    The washington potato skins ! If I was the owner, I would do this just to embarrass the nfl.
    Goodell would probably try to not allow it.

2. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

12,304 Messages
    7,533 Likes Received
    This is an example of an invented explanation, because gringo was used in Spanish long before the war and during the Mexican-American War. Additionally, the U.S. Army did not use green uniforms at the time, but blue ones.
    link
    from what I read it comes from just not speaking spanish, or being a foreigner.
    Although in mexico today it probably refers to americans mainly.

Proof, Ranching and Melonfeud like this.
  3. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.

21,030 Messages
    32,085 Likes Received
    *I'm of the. genuine fanciful notion it be changed to: "ANGRY MADAZZ INDIANS",,, er,,, personallyo_O

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

Proof likes this.
  4. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.

21,030 Messages
    32,085 Likes Received
    Well,ya know? The origin fer' the verbiaged terminology pertaining to that "gringo" word stems back to the Mexican American war of the middle/ late ,1840's (. picture in yer' mind's eye ,a 4.5 lb behemoth of Samuel Colt's walker dragoon revolver & you'd be about spot on / catching the 4th quarter of the time frame in question, anyway, it stems from a quite popular "marching ditty" the victorious American troops would all chime in& sing with great gusto as they were on the march thru out their defeated foe's former realm,,,as the spirited refrain went "GREEN GROWS THE GRASS" and then the troops ,all in unison would stomp their right foot down extra hard on the ground,thusly sending up puffs/ plumes of dust that could easily be seen from a distance
    ( reckon it seared an indelible psychological scar on indigenous population that lives to this very day)

*TA-DA!!!*:starspin:

Proof and timb2 like this.
  5. leeblair

leeblair Well-Known Member

1,225 Messages
    2,042 Likes Received
    The Redskins already have a nickname they have used proudly during their Super Bowl years.
    The Hogs.
    They could be the "Porkskins"! :lmao:

6. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

42,007 Messages
    19,763 Likes Received
    Permabenched.:laugh:

7. MetalMike

MetalMike Member

88 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    They could change it to the Washington Renegades and bring back their old "R" logo on the helmets sans feathers. [​IMG]

8. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

25,815 Messages
    67,252 Likes Received
    Well, I learned something. I think its more a regional term. I spent much of my youth in Mexico and don't recall hearing it much there. It is used a lot in Texas. I don't think it's intended as a slur, unless they throw a Pinche in front of it! Lol
    . What about Bolio? Any clue where that was came from?

Melonfeud and RGV_C_Los like this.
  9. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

12,985 Messages
    6,335 Likes Received
    The Native American logo, not at all, but the arrow head logo yea. But a lot of Native American groups want a complete break away. I don't know if it's the years of bad blood, which is understandable or if they really want all Native American team names removed, i.e. 'The Chiefs' as well (Cleveland Indians is pretty obvious and in the same boat as Washington Redskins)

10. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

12,143 Messages
    12,893 Likes Received
    Washington Failures with a picture of Snyder

11. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

12,143 Messages
    12,893 Likes Received
    I actually like what Pat McAfee came up with yesterday. DCFC. That's a cool name.

dogberry likes this.
  12. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

9,335 Messages
    11,930 Likes Received
    I think Redtails works well on a lot of levels. The last NFL team to integrate its roster (and only did so because they were forced to by the District of Columbia) is now commemorated with a name that references the brave Tuskegee airmen.

13. thebigeasy88

thebigeasy88 Well-Known Member

1,197 Messages
    1,660 Likes Received
    Seeing the size of their owner's head & ego, I'm betting on the Washington Snyder's to be the new name. Maybe w/ a giant hard pretzel as their logo...if you're from my neck of the country and know what I'm talkin' about. o_O

14. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,176 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I like it as well, but when I said so on Facebook, it sure brought out some responses I didn't expect. Scary that I may have to unfriend some folks for suggesting I like the idea.

Proof likes this.
  15. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

9,335 Messages
    11,930 Likes Received
    It's sad the mentality of a lot of people. It really is.

tyke1doe likes this.
  16. bandfan

bandfan Well-Known Member

532 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    Actually I made it a red potato so they could still be called redskins...

DandyDon52, Hagman and blueblood70 like this.
  17. DeaconMoss

DeaconMoss Well-Known Member

3,957 Messages
    3,107 Likes Received
    They can keep the R, lose the feathers and be the Washington Refuse.
    Fedex wants to leave so they could pick up Waste Management as the title sponsor.

:lmao:

Furboy likes this.
  18. NorthTexan95

NorthTexan95 Well-Known Member

2,085 Messages
    1,618 Likes Received
    I hope they keep the Indian head logo since it's awesome. They should keep the tie to native Anericans.

Natives ... Braves ... perhaps named after a specific Indian tribe such as the Chicago Blackhawks ... something like that.

cowboyec and Furboy like this.
  19. timb2

timb2 Well-Known Member

6,296 Messages
    12,451 Likes Received
    Washington Wolverines

SlammedZero likes this.
  20. csirl

csirl Well-Known Member

2,505 Messages
    2,600 Likes Received
    Where I am, the most common variety of red skinned potatos are called 'roosters'. Washington Roosters (the bird) works with the teams color scheme and the feathers.

bandfan likes this.