FEATURED >>>>>>> Possible name change for Washington Redkin s<<<<<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
here is a good logo lol
wash-potato-logo.jpg

The washington potato skins ! If I was the owner, I would do this just to embarrass the nfl.
Goodell would probably try to not allow it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The term Gringos comes from green coats. Just a bit of history, not relevant.
This is an example of an invented explanation, because gringo was used in Spanish long before the war and during the Mexican-American War. Additionally, the U.S. Army did not use green uniforms at the time, but blue ones.
link
from what I read it comes from just not speaking spanish, or being a foreigner.
Although in mexico today it probably refers to americans mainly.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
*I'm of the. genuine fanciful notion it be changed to: "ANGRY MADAZZ INDIANS",,, er,,, personallyo_O

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
This is an example of an invented explanation, because gringo was used in Spanish long before the war and during the Mexican-American War. Additionally, the U.S. Army did not use green uniforms at the time, but blue ones.
link
Well,ya know? The origin fer' the verbiaged terminology pertaining to that "gringo" word stems back to the Mexican American war of the middle/ late ,1840's (. picture in yer' mind's eye ,a 4.5 lb behemoth of Samuel Colt's walker dragoon revolver & you'd be about spot on / catching the 4th quarter of the time frame in question, anyway, it stems from a quite popular "marching ditty" the victorious American troops would all chime in& sing with great gusto as they were on the march thru out their defeated foe's former realm,,,as the spirited refrain went "GREEN GROWS THE GRASS" and then the troops ,all in unison would stomp their right foot down extra hard on the ground,thusly sending up puffs/ plumes of dust that could easily be seen from a distance
( reckon it seared an indelible psychological scar on indigenous population that lives to this very day)

*TA-DA!!!*:starspin:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
link
Well, I learned something. I think its more a regional term. I spent much of my youth in Mexico and don't recall hearing it much there. It is used a lot in Texas. I don't think it's intended as a slur, unless they throw a Pinche in front of it! Lol
. What about Bolio? Any clue where that was came from?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
With "Washington Warriors" they could keep the logo as well.

The Native American logo, not at all, but the arrow head logo yea. But a lot of Native American groups want a complete break away. I don't know if it's the years of bad blood, which is understandable or if they really want all Native American team names removed, i.e. 'The Chiefs' as well (Cleveland Indians is pretty obvious and in the same boat as Washington Commanders)

Plankton

Reaction score
I think Redtails works well on a lot of levels. The last NFL team to integrate its roster (and only did so because they were forced to by the District of Columbia) is now commemorated with a name that references the brave Tuskegee airmen.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Seeing the size of their owner's head & ego, I'm betting on the Washington Snyder's to be the new name. Maybe w/ a giant hard pretzel as their logo...if you're from my neck of the country and know what I'm talkin' about. o_O

dwmyers

Reaction score
I think Redtails works well on a lot of levels. The last NFL team to integrate its roster (and only did so because they were forced to by the District of Columbia) is now commemorated with a name that references the brave Tuskegee airmen.

I like it as well, but when I said so on Facebook, it sure brought out some responses I didn't expect. Scary that I may have to unfriend some folks for suggesting I like the idea.

Plankton

Reaction score
I like it as well, but when I said so on Facebook, it sure brought out some responses I didn't expect. Scary that I may have to unfriend some folks for suggesting I like the idea.

It's sad the mentality of a lot of people. It really is.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
They can keep the R, lose the feathers and be the Washington Refuse.
Fedex wants to leave so they could pick up Waste Management as the title sponsor.

:lmao:

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I hope they keep the Indian head logo since it's awesome. They should keep the tie to native Anericans.

Natives ... Braves ... perhaps named after a specific Indian tribe such as the Chicago Blackhawks ... something like that.

csirl

Reaction score
Actually I made it a red potato so they could still be called Commanders...

Where I am, the most common variety of red skinned potatos are called 'roosters'. Washington Roosters (the bird) works with the teams color scheme and the feathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.