Twitter: Possible week one starting line up

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The roster is churning and they do seem to be focusing on the defense. We still have a draft class to piecemeal into this mix, so who knows what we'll end up with. It's for certain it will not be the defensive pile of crap we had last season. It may be a whole new pile that doesn't function as we need it to. Or maybe they are onto something. They are trying. The idea is to get better. New DC, OTAs, and a full Training Camp in Oxnard with preseason games sound like they are going to have an honest attempt at putting a real football team together. Maybe even a contender.

No question this is just as critical as adding new talent. Still can't believe how they tried to change the D last year ( as MM noted) with new coaches, NO OTAs, or preseason so to speak. Failure from the start.......

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Serious question to answer ........will the changes on defense be enough? We've added three new players, ( four if you include Gregory). Are they truly upgrades are replacements. In other words, how much of an upgrade is Neal over Joe Thomas at LBer or Kazee over Woods for a team the finished dead last. The bottom line, it appears the FO is saying last year's defensive issues were more Nolan/scheme than talent.

If healthy that should be a top 20 defense and a top 5 offense. We should at least win the East.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just me but to truly become a top 15 D is real simple..........can we stop the run?????? I'm not sure we/ve answered that question so far.

I very much agree with that. If we can’t, we can’t stop anybody, just like last year. But I am optimistic that Quinn’s defense will be more sound than Nolan’s was which should be a huge help.

cowboyec

Reaction score
The idea of using yet another first round pick on an OL nauseates me. How in the world can all these good teams build OLs without throwing the draft resources we do at OL?

Between an OT like Slater at 10 and a trade down.............100 out of 100 times, trade down.
not if slater is the best player available.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The ‘ire of the fan base’ comes from 25 years of futility. And they’re not wrong.

I don't like it either, but my complaints will never be heard by the "powers that be." At some time, the futility, has to change into hope, why not this year? Okay, next year, or the year after that... you know what I mean.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The roster is churning and they do seem to be focusing on the defense. We still have a draft class to piecemeal into this mix, so who knows what we'll end up with. It's for certain it will not be the defensive pile of crap we had last season. It may be a whole new pile that doesn't function as we need it to. Or maybe they are onto something. They are trying. The idea is to get better. New DC, OTAs, and a full Training Camp in Oxnard with preseason games sound like they are going to have an honest attempt at putting a real football team together. Maybe even a contender.

Hopefully, exchanging Harem pants for Hammer pants is over.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The idea of using yet another first round pick on an OL nauseates me. How in the world can all these good teams build OLs without throwing the draft resources we do at OL?

Between an OT like Slater at 10 and a trade down.............100 out of 100 times, trade down.

RT was a big mess.

still is. We don’t even know if Collins will make it through camp.

they can’t go with Steele again. He isn’t a 1. More of a 2.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
RT was a big mess.

still is. We don’t even know if Collins will make it through camp.

they can’t go with Steele again. He isn’t a 1. More of a 2.

Take it for what it is worth, but according to MM Smith & Collins are ready to role, I think the draft will tell us if that is true.

As far as Steele goes
Steele is just the fourth offensive tackle in the Super Bowl era, and the ninth in NFL history, to start at least 14 games as an undrafted rookie. If we're grading on expectations alone, Steele gets an A+ and it's not even debatable. Think about how challenging it was for rookies to make any roster in 2020 because of the pandemic. Steele not only goes from an undrafted hopeful that might land a spot on the practice squad, to making the team and then starting 14 games. Of course, his starts were out of necessity as the Cowboys lost their two regular starters, and then two others throughout the year.

Am excited to see what he looks like in year 2 with a full training camp.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/progress-report-steele-endured-rare-rookie-year

Neskhe should at least be available where Erving was not. I watched him play in DC and for a few games he can hold his own.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

McKDaddy

Reaction score
you can't predict starting lineups til you factor in the 4 draft picks that are going to be day one starters!! gonna draft the fool outta this draft. :lmao2: