Twitter: Possible week one starting line up

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I may be the minority here but Im encouraged with what was transpiring with Hill pre-injury and Gallimore looked ok at times year 2 may be better. I am meh on Woods but as a rotational guy ok. Thats not saying that I dont want to grab someone in draft but I dont feel like its dire if they come back healthy.

Where does Christian barmore from Alabama project? Or does he play same position as the other 2.

Middle to last first rounder. Plays 3T. I dont think Hill has what it takes to be a quality starter.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Serious question to answer ........will the changes on defense be enough? We've added three new players, ( four if you include Gregory). Are they truly upgrades are replacements. In other words, how much of an upgrade is Neal over Joe Thomas at LBer or Kazee over Woods for a team the finished dead last. The bottom line, it appears the FO is saying last year's defeinsive issues were more Nolan/scheme than talent.

My question is still why McCarthy judged Nolen as the right DC. Quinn is an upgrade from the jump we're better. Of course we need better players

lqmac1

Reaction score
What's worse than a front office that can't fix problems? A front office they doesn't know there's a problem.

That defense is garbage.
I mean there’s three brand new starters at critical positions, two of which are proven. Not to mention, we have one of the best defensive minds in the game as coordinator. I trust what Quinn chooses over people on the message board

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Don't get the Collins hate / thinking he needs to be replaced already?? One of 3 elite players on dallas. With Martin and Smith if he's healthy.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I think you need 2 defensive starters out of this draft.

You have enough draft ammo to move up from 44 and ensure you get that 2nd starter.

Tell me we have added Moehrig or Richie Grant as the starting FS and I feel much better about that defense.
Hate to tell you this but there is no need to trade up from 44 - there is plenty of talent for 44 to be a starter. We need to trade BACK INTO THE 2ND, not up in it.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I mean there’s three brand new starters at critical positions, two of which are proven. Not to mention, we have one of the best defensive minds in the game as coordinator. I trust what Quinn chooses over people on the message board
blaspheme

Beaker42

Reaction score
Connor Williams was arguably our best OL last year given injuries.
The issue with him is that if he plays that same way again he will get paid a lot more than we will touch.
He's likely starting and playing well then moving on.

Hill has a profile as a 3rd down pass rusher. He is still no where near strong enough to start inside right now. BUT he is also still a year younger than Neville Gallimore who drafted a year later. Hill just turned 23 yesterday. He is going to end up a stud imho but he doesn't need to start this year.
That kid needs to live in the Death Star’s weight room. Serve his food in there.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Williams can't possibly be the day 1 starter again, can he? yikes.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Williams can't possibly be the day 1 starter again, can he? yikes.
He needs to be the swing tackle - we need a mauler at LG and he ain’t it. Give me the kid from UW-Whitewater or wherever from the Senior Bowl.

Praxit

Reaction score
..how the hell did Hill land on starting spot? I mean, the guy had few splash plays last year. Gator Rolls dont count. C'mon Jerry get some Duracell Batts in there. It starts up front with DL.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Offense is stacked. Defense is weak in the front 7, secondary is starting to look promising.

Hopefully we get more than one starter in the draft. Either a DT or safety.
Getting Neal and moving him to WILL is going to give the other two their swagger back. Nolan killed their confidence. Im wagering they will look like they did in ‘18. Teams are going to be afraid of Neal being so close to the LOS.

Beaker42

Reaction score
No question this is just as critical as adding new talent. Still can't believe how they tried to change the D last year ( as MM noted) with new coaches, NO OTAs, or preseason so to speak. Failure from the start.......
AT LEAST they’re addressing the S spots which is an area they’ve avoided the last decade.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Getting Neal and moving him to WILL is going to give the other two their swagger back. Nolan killed their confidence. Im wagering they will look like they did in ‘18. Teams are going to be afraid of Neal being so close to the LOS.

Only way to make Jaylon look better is to protect him with big DT's that take up the lineman. The gig is up. Jaylon has severe limitations. I was shocked he ever made the pro bowl. The guy simply isnt MLBer material. At least Nolan was smart enough to realize he should be moved outside.

The sooner that Jaylon is no longer the leader of the defense and on another team, the better are defense will be for it.