Post game observations...

Reaction score
1) Romo is too careless with the ball, he will NEVER win a post season game if he cant take care of the ball. 'Creating' in the pocket might be his strength, but its also his greatest weakness. You have to know when to let go of the ball.

2) Zach is a beast. He might be small and undersized but he is always in the right position to make the play. He can be pushed back sure, but he is 90% of the time there to make a play.

3) Quit TELEGRAPHING the ball to WITTEN Tony! Witten has gone from being a safety valve to Romo's primary target. EVERYONE KNOWS that he WILL force a BALL to Jason and so did Keith Rivers.

4) Felix is a stud. Too much speed and too many moves for him not to be used.

5) TO is under utilized in this offense. I know he is doubled and shadowed, but be creative for a chaneg Garrett. You have been labeled as a offensive guru/genius.. prove it by getting 81 the ball. Put him in motion and let him work the middle of the field. And tell your QB to step into his throws and quit throwing behind him on his crossing routes.

6) Pacman has to START. He is 2 physical and 2 aggressive for him not to be. He is our best corner and should be in there every down. His aggressiveness might get him beat more than often, but he will put himself in a position to make a play on the ball. He needs to change his gloves because the brand he is wearing is NOT working. He was beaten on comeback routes by pro bowl WR's... so what.

7) Lack of a pass rush is sickening. I am glad DWare kept his streak alive but NOT glad he only has made an impact in the 4th quarter. BE CREATIVE WADE. Send him up the middle or have him line up with Ellis next to each other.... something please...

I'm done.... Hope this team improves or we dont have a chance against the G-Men or Skins.....

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Besides 1,3,5, and 7...I agree.

Is 'we don't have a chance' the new battle cry for you guys, or what?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2312059 said:
1) Romo is too careless with the ball, he will NEVER win a post season game if he cant take care of the ball. 'Creating' in the pocket might be his strength, but its also his greatest weakness. You have to know when to let go of the ball.

3) Quit TELEGRAPHING the ball to WITTEN Tony! Witten has gone from being a safety valve to Romo's primary target. EVERYONE KNOWS that he WILL force a BALL to Jason and so did Keith Rivers.

5) TO is under utilized in this offense. I know he is doubled and shadowed, but be creative for a chaneg Garrett. You have been labeled as a offensive guru/genius.. prove it by getting 81 the ball. Put him in motion and let him work the middle of the field. And tell your QB to step into his throws and quit throwing behind him on his crossing routes.

7) Lack of a pass rush is sickening. I am glad DWare kept his streak alive but NOT glad he only has made an impact in the 4th quarter. BE CREATIVE WADE. Send him up the middle or have him line up with Ellis next to each other.... something please...

tomson75;2312076 said:

I am gonna guess that there are parts of those #'s that you dont agree with.... because there is truth in all of them.

1. Romo is too careless with the ball. It is a weakness but it is not as emphatic as stated.

3. I agree with Tomson here, Romo is going to Witten and ITS WORKING. Telegraph or not.

5. TO is underutilized. Slant, Slant, Slant... GO! Romo and TO need to work on timing.

7. Pass Rush is an issue. I hate it when QB's get more time or escape. Move Ware around.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score

Disagree. Romo is good enough to win a playoff game.. even with his one interception a game.

2) Zach is a beast. He might be small and undersized but he is always in the right position to make the play. He can be pushed back sure, but he is 90% of the time there to make a play.

I love the addition of Zach on here. He has heart every snap. there are certain defensive guys I love seeing on the field, he and Ratliff and Pacman are three of them because of their heart.

I didn't think it hurt too much yesterday. Witten had a great game, whether the team knew he was the primary receiver or not. They took out TO and forced the underneath. And on the TD grab, TO was the primary. Witten had to jump up and down with his arms waving to get some love :)

He is a stud but we are using him right. Get him 10-15 touches a game. I would like to see him get more 4th quarter carrys. Or rather, see Barber get a little less. His steam seems to die down in the 4th and his fumbles seem a little more likely.

Teams have been teeing off on TO and Romo lately. Zimmer had a real good game plan and with an actual defense, this would have been a loss. They completely blanketed TO and eithe brought everyone at Romo or dropped everyone back. They changed it up. they did very well. Last week was what happens when you force the ball to someone that is being removed from the game.

6) Pacman has to START. He is 2 physical and 2 aggressive for him not to be. He is our best corner and should be in there every down. His aggressiveness might get him beat more than often, but he will put himself in a position to make a play on the ball. He needs to change his gloves because the brand he is wearing is NOT working. He was beaten on comeback routes by pro bowl WR's... so what.

Pacman is coming into his own. I love what he will be at when the playoffs start. Although it seems the NFCEast is going to be a tough one and we may end up coming in third in it. Washington's D is looking silly and NYG is crushing the teams they are suppossed to be crushing (unlike us).

Again, I happened to like what out D did. Man would have been a mistake agianst these receivers and Palmer. We mixed it up and the D held them (again, with the offense doing them NO favors) to field goals most of the day.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
tomson75;2312076 said:

Is 'we don't have a chance' the new battle cry for you guys, or what?

Personally, I'm pretty sick of the complacency.

I got pretty hyped and rode the good vibes and excellent play all of last season only to see things go to the crapper in the playoffs.

Not gonna ignore the faults that the team has just because they are winning NOW because when it comes do-or-die, win-or-cry time simply wishing that they don't exist won't cut it.

I am pleased with the record the team has. 4-1 is a good start but I'm sick of the team being good and not taking the next step. When is it time for all those picks and all that money to pay off?

So I will be critical. Especially of Romo who talks about improving and how he put the work in emulating Tom Brady, this that and the other. When will it be time for him to take the next step? Nobody should have to accept TERRIBLE decisions and miscues because he makes up for at other times. And nobody should have to just accept it as is because "hes better than what we once had". He is better than a lot of those scrubs that came floating through but if we are going to start comparing, why not begin with some guys who were the franchise player and who had the leadership ability to will his team to victory and produce championships. Good thing for Romo, hes still got time on his side to finally learn and move on.

I think we all have every right to be critical. Plain and simple, he needs to quit giving the ball away. The OP is right. Turning the ball over in the playoffs is pretty much asking to be bounced. Going back to the beginning of last year, guess how many games Romo hasn't thrown an INT.

3. 3 Games in last 22 Romo has not thrown a pick. Absolutely horrible. If Eli Manning can step up and learn to not give the ball away, why can't Romo? If that means that he will throw for 30 TDs instead of 38-40, I'll take it. Really, what is an extra 3 points per game when it comes at the expense of at least 1 awful mistake.

So I'll be critical because I expect more of the team. Too much talent to be having that many mistakes.

However, to suggest that I or anyone else who is critical of the team are less dedicated or label them as "chicken littles" is ignorant of the fact that this team is far from perfect.

I'd say that over a decades worth of play without a successful trip to the playoffs has at the very least earned all of us the right to be critical without having sit through the wasted bandwidth posts of people calling others "chicken littles".

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2312115 said:
I am pleased with the record the team has. 4-1 is a good start but I'm sick of the team being good and not taking the next step. When is it time for all those picks and all that money to pay off?

I agree here in the sense that... IF we are gonna "escape" with a few wins here and there and "progress" in certain areas along the way. Its win-win. If we dont "progress" in certain areas then its a one dimensional win. Meaning we have problems in playoffs.

Hoofbite;2312115 said:
So I will be critical. Especially of Romo who talks about improving and how he put the work in emulating Tom Brady, this that and the other.

Critical is ok. While there is plenty to be happy for.... we need to work on things... I think the thing that I have an issue with is the "no big deal" from the players about a loss or "bad play". Again I hope this gets better as we go.

Hoofbite;2312115 said:
However, to suggest that I or anyone else who is critical of the team are less dedicated or label them as "chicken littles" is ignorant of the fact that this team is far from perfect.

Agreed to a point. Some are just over the top.

Just the thought that a fan could complain about a SB win... is both funny and troubling at the same time(yeah I think there are some here on this board)

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
1) Romo is too careless with the ball, he will NEVER win a post season game if he cant take care of the ball. 'Creating' in the pocket might be his strength, but its also his greatest weakness. You have to know when to let go of the ball. But has the ability to read in the pocket - myve feet and escape.
2) Zach is a beast. He might be small and undersized but he is always in the right position to make the play. He can be pushed back sure, but he is 90% of the time there to make a play. Agreeded - but need big plays.
3) Quit TELEGRAPHING the ball to WITTEN Tony! Witten has gone from being a safety valve to Romo's primary target. EVERYONE KNOWS that he WILL force a BALL to Jason and so did Keith Rivers. Always checks down too quick. Could be some of the adjustments from the off season the need to blend into the offense.
4) Felix is a stud. Too much speed and too many moves for him not to be used. Agreeded - more usage somehow - go back to New Orleans tapes see how they work their dual RB offense.
5) TO is under utilized in this offense. I know he is doubled and shadowed, but be creative for a chaneg Garrett. You have been labeled as a offensive guru/genius.. prove it by getting 81 the ball. Put him in motion and let him work the middle of the field. And tell your QB to step into his throws and quit throwing behind him on his crossing routes. Yes. We did this sometimes last year - they will get to it.
6) Pacman has to START. He is 2 physical and 2 aggressive for him not to be. He is our best corner and should be in there every down. His aggressiveness might get him beat more than often, but he will put himself in a position to make a play on the ball. He needs to change his gloves because the brand he is wearing is NOT working. He was beaten on comeback routes by pro bowl WR's... so what. Maybe not. Depending on match ups in the secondary may be better suited to slot cover.
7) Lack of a pass rush is sickening. I am glad DWare kept his streak alive but NOT glad he only has made an impact in the 4th quarter. BE CREATIVE WADE. Send him up the middle or have him line up with Ellis next to each other.... something please... Yes. Something should be done - we do not let QB's escape much but the D may be set that way.

I'm done.... Hope this team improves or we dont have a chance against the G-Men or Skins.....

All solid points to the team.
Thanks.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Well I know a lot of QBs that didn't take care of the football that won several playoff games. So I always stray away from using the word never.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score

I disagree with you except about Zach Thomas.

morasp

Reaction score
The announcers mentioned it and even my wife notcied it. The team looks flat compared to the team were playing. The players that are playing with energy seem to be players we have brought in this year like Zack and packman. I don't believe that playing with the type of intensity it takes to win in the NFL is easy but on a relative basis the other teams seem to have it more than us.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2312115 said:
Personally, I'm pretty sick of the complacency.

I think we all have every right to be critical. Plain and simple, he needs to quit giving the ball away. The OP is right. Turning the ball over in the playoffs is pretty much asking to be bounced. Going back to the beginning of last year, guess how many games Romo hasn't thrown an INT.

3. 3 Games in last 22 Romo has not thrown a pick. Absolutely horrible. If Eli Manning can step up and learn to not give the ball away, why can't Romo? If that means that he will throw for 30 TDs instead of 38-40, I'll take it. Really, what is an extra 3 points per game when it comes at the expense of at least 1 awful mistake.

So I'll be critical because I expect more of the team. Too much talent to be having that many mistakes.

I'd say that over a decades worth of play without a successful trip to the playoffs has at the very least earned all of us the right to be critical without having sit through the wasted bandwidth posts of people calling others "chicken littles".

I couldn't agree more Hoofbite...this team is showing the same alarming signs as last year and people seem to want to chastise those who are critical simply for being so.
Bottom line is this team does not seem to be improving, they actually seem to be regressing in many areas, but if peple are happy with sloppy wins at home against a winless team well than enjoy your kool-aid. I on the other hand, would like to see our QB making better decisions (sorry if that is too much to ask), our secondary recievers making plays, our defense to create some turnovers and our special teams to finally step it up before I annoint this team anything more than a playoff team without much chance to advance.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Romo is 17-4 past 2 seasons and yes needs to win a playoff game

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
GoinForSix;2312137 said:
Well I know a lot of QBs that didn't take care of the football that won several playoff games. So I always stray away from using the word never.

Terry Bradshaw comes to mind (212 TDs - 210 INTs, 4 SB rings).

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Nors;2312175 said:
Romo is 17-4 past 2 seasons and yes needs to win a playoff game

I don't think he 'needs' to win one as bad as people think. The curve is usually four years. Ask Elway how hard it is to win in the playoffs. The Dallas Cowboys however are held to a different standard, and I think Tony is a very intelligent and rational person that sees the big picture.

Its extremely naive to assume that he is going to go his entire career and not win a super bowl ring, and IMHO its extremely naive to assume that hes not going to win a playoff game this year.

Now hypothetically speaking, if we lose in the playoffs this year to the Commanders at home - Romo will get crucified, but according to history - he is on the same pace as Eli and Peyton.

The double standard is what kills me, and I don't think that he needs to win one this year, or the next year. Its just tough to win in this league, even with this much 'talent' - a term that is used far too loosely with this team.

So I'm not holding an undrafted guy accountable after 2 years in the league where he has proven hes a top 5 QB with a 17-4 record. I may be more patient than most fans, I just understand the learning curve.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Good post!

Except Pacman to me is right now #2. Henry just plays too good. But that could change if Pacman improves the way he did the last 4 weeks.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2312159 said:
I couldn't agree more Hoofbite...this team is showing the same alarming signs as last year and people seem to want to chastise those who are critical simply for being so.
Bottom line is this team does not seem to be improving, they actually seem to be regressing in many areas, but if peple are happy with sloppy wins at home against a winless team well than enjoy your kool-aid. I on the other hand, would like to see our QB making better decisions (sorry if that is too much to ask), our secondary recievers making plays, our defense to create some turnovers and our special teams to finally step it up before I annoint this team anything more than a playoff team without much chance to advance.

Disagreeing is not chastising. There are always going to be things to complain about and there will always be people to complain. The list you just gave on what would make you happy is resulting in a perfect team that scores everytime they touch the ball, makes the opponent go 3 and out everytime they have the ball (minus the 5 times a game we intercept or recover a fumble), 10 sacks per game and Romo having a perfect passer rating week in and out. anything less is cause for alarm.

There are reasons to be somewhat satisfied with this team. We beat a hungry team that is not as bad as their record. Our fedense stepped up and held them to mostly field goals even when they started on our side of the 50 at least 4 times. Romo was rattled and his QB Rating is still over 100. But most nay-sayers won't recognize that. We had an ungly win and we should have dominated. We didn't and if we played like that then we won't win a playoff game once again. But in this division, we are going to need ugly wins as well as pretty ones.