Post game overreaction threads

blueblood70

Reaction score
these make me LOL for sure..

lets tap the breaks on ALL OF IT... ITS ONE GAME FOLKS,

ONE...

this is normal for a forum is it now I mean ONE GAME and these posts happen,

Zekes only a decoy shoudnt have paid him we are now a a pass happy team...yes right guys nice overreaction to One game, like KM can repeat this for all 16,doubt it..Our run game will be featured many games, I mean it has to , the only way to keep defenses down in the box wek to week, is have games where we run heavy and be successful at it..if not they go back out to coverage and we will see the nEW Dak and KM , how do they adjust?

KM is genius we were all wrong look what he did, umm one game against that team..come on ONE GAME..see first paragraph, a lot more dat is needed to see how he adjusts in game where the game plan isnt working and the team is challenged and maybe down few scores..

RM should be fired but somehow KR gets pass since hes not the DC, well I saw his secondary get torched..ONE Game doesnt show how this will be down the road..yes clean it up we got torched and the apologists are saying but they didnt give up the points and that all that counts..was that our D or the Giants shooting themselves in the foot in the redzone? maybe a little of both..time will tell..giving up over 500yards was ugly.

Daks changed and a new ready to go player pay him 40mil , come on one game guys this isnt the first time Daks passed well or looked good but one great game doesnt show its all fixed..ONE GAME..lets see how he does against a defense who decides to drop into coverages and dont play the run as stacked and not biting on PA and puts more pressure on him..

We were wrong about Garett , now this is the fun one..come on ONE GAME , you do realize back in the Romo Era this is how the offense looked more times then not and the more help we got from the Run game the better it got.. Even Scott Linehan has had some great days but was never consistent and both would get outcoached against the better coaches and teams....those moments will be the real test

we are in this for 16 plus the playoffs so as amusing as that was and feels for fans after a great game beating a bad team that is a hated rival,

We truly wont know what kind of team we have until say after the NO and GB games..So 5 games in and against enough different competiton, we should get a true snapshot of this team..

Carry on with all the knee jerks in all directions , it is after all very amusing and that what these forums are for...

But temper the reactions after all, it was

ONE GAME!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think we have a game one overreaction? Have you seen the game day thread in real time? It’s comedy of the highest order. Talk about overreaction....after a three and out some fans are on suicide watch. They’re ready to fire or trade someone if we don’t score every possession, LOL!

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Even the media naysayers are in on the hype. What's funny Bob is I can't believe that we scored so many td's. Nice change from last year.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Everything you just said is spot on.

However, if there was ever a time to give fans some leeway it was FINALLY getting to see something that resembled a modern offense and good utilization of players skills. I mean we had been calling for this for YEARS. Half expecting to see a **** show like last years opener only to be surprised with a scoring bonanza causes even the most restrained among us to get a little giddy.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think folks understand it is just one play. one series. one half. one game. But...so what?

Even though there were some things they could've improved on, overall the team played amazing. Let people enjoy that. I'd rather read overreactions after a win than the overreactions after a loss.

Praxit

Reaction score
...so basically your saying, Darwin was a genius. ..Bwahahahaha...

links18

Reaction score
Do people not understand fandom? Over reaction is part of the experience. Its one step removed from a lynch mob. We all aren't number crunching behind a computer somewhere all day looking at long term trends.

glimmerman

Reaction score
You think we have a game one overreaction? Have you seen the game day thread in real time? It’s comedy of the highest order. Talk about overreaction....after a three and out some fans are on suicide watch. They’re ready to fire or trade someone if we don’t score every possession, LOL!
Quit talking about me. I am the first to admit I lose it. And that is only what I have time to post between plays. Yelling at the TV constantly. I just know how bad plays can snow ball and momentum changes and can get out of hand.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Over reaction is when you make a post with gigantic letters that hurt the eyes when you are trying to make a point. And then someone trying to read it.
It is like the person that talks / yells the loudest think they are always correct by doing so.

I couldn't read half of what you typed. So will not comment on that. But I will say it is human nature to over react, and then that is in the opinion of the reader if it is an over reaction or not.

:laugh:

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Talking about overreaction, this is a forum for comment good or bad. Always laugh at these type of posters, as if what we say on this forum somehow cements itself into reality....

But no, you carry on.... :omg:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Overreaction around here? Never. lol while the results where great I think the main thing that has gotten people excited was seeing how Dak spread the ball around and how he looked to be in total demand of the offense. I don't expect games like this every week but I do feel Dak has the ability and talent to run this offense and to utilize the weapons he has around him. Will he and the offense have bad days? likely, few teams go through out a season without some bad games along the way. I feel very confident in Dak and in this team to do a lot of good things this season.

408Cowboy

Reaction score

ONE...

Zekes only a decoy shoudnt have paid him we are now a a pass happy team...yes right guys nice overreaction to One game, like KM can repeat this for all 16,doubt it..Our run game will be featured many games, I mean it has to , the only way to keep defenses down in the box wek to week, is have games where we run heavy and be successful at it..if not they go back out to coverage and we will see the nEW Dak and KM , how do they adjust?

KM is genius we were all wrong look what he did, umm one game against that team..come on ONE GAME..see first paragraph, a lot more dat is needed to see how he adjusts in game where the game plan isnt working and the team is challenged and maybe down few scores..

RM should be fired but somehow KR gets pass since hes not the DC, well I saw his secondary get torched..ONE Game doesnt show how this will be down the road..yes clean it up we got torched and the apologists are saying but they didnt give up the points and that all that counts..was that our D or the Giants shooting themselves in the foot in the redzone? maybe a little of both..time will tell..giving up over 500yards was ugly.

Daks changed and a new ready to go player pay him 40mil , come on one game guys this isnt the first time Daks passed well or looked good but one great game doesnt show its all fixed..ONE GAME..lets see how he does against a defense who decides to drop into coverages and dont play the run as stacked and not biting on PA and puts more pressure on him..

We were wrong about Garett , now this is the fun one..come on ONE GAME , you do realize back in the Romo Era this is how the offense looked more times then not and the more help we got from the Run game the better it got.. Even Scott Linehan has had some great days but was never consistent and both would get outcoached against the better coaches and teams....those moments will be the real test

we are in this for 16 plus the playoffs so as amusing as that was and feels for fans after a great game beating a bad team that is a hated rival,

We truly wont know what kind of team we have until say after the NO and GB games..So 5 games in and against enough different competiton, we should get a true snapshot of this team..

Carry on with all the knee jerks in all directions , it is after all very amusing and that what these forums are for...

It felt like two games

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
What the first game told me was:

1 - The team was ready to play. They had a productive camp and the well executed and relatively penalty free first team offense we saw in preseason was no mirage. They played more in PS games and were sharp for game 1... a rarity these days for most teams.

2 - Moore modernized the offense and does seem to have a good feel for play calling. I liked how he called the game based on what the Giants were trying to do to stop the offense of the Cowboys. That doesn’t mean all games will be this good for the offense. As defenses get to analyze Moore’s offense and how he calls games... things will become more difficult for the offense.

3 - That the team is playing up to the level of their roster on offense. Finally, the team beat a lesser opponent in the division the way they should have. NFC East division games are almost always hard-fought and difficult affairs. Dallas in the recent past would struggle to win them. The Cowboys were the better team and it looked that way.

4 - The defense either read their press clippings or needs to get their recently healthy guys back into the swing of things. They need to pick it up, although I do think the Giants are a little better offensively than people are giving them credit for. Shurmer is a really good offensive coach.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What the first game told me was:

1 - The team was ready to play. They had a productive camp and the well executed and relatively penalty free first team offense we saw in preseason was no mirage. They played more in PS games and were sharp for game 1... a rarity these days for most teams.

2 - Moore modernized the offense and does seem to have a good feel for play calling. I liked how he called the game based on what the Giants were trying to do to stop the offense of the Cowboys. That doesn’t mean all games will be this good for the offense. As defenses get to analyze Moore’s offense and how he calls games... things will become more difficult for the offense.

3 - That the team is playing up to the level of their roster on offense. Finally, the team beat a lesser opponent in the division the way they should have. NFC East division games are almost always hard-fought and difficult affairs. Dallas in the recent past would struggle to win them. The Cowboys were the better team and it looked that way.

4 - The defense either read their press clippings or needs to get their recently healthy guys back into the swing of things. They need to pick it up, although I do think the Giants are a little better offensively than people are giving them credit for. Shurmer is a really good offensive coach.
OR it was one game and against a very bad team and will it be a rare game in the midst of 16 game season.. again talk to me after game 6 will this narrative of yours still be the same? lol

they hardly played PS what are you talking about? Amari, zeke, Tsmith, Martin mia and Dak took like 5 series..

sharp or a bad defense that we caught napping on the pass game because they expected Zeke/pollard to be used a lot?

Like I said too dang early to be making assumptions either way IMO

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

ONE...

Well, here's the dealio there BB70, Kellen "the Hammer" Moore has got a story to write & you ought to just sit back & enjoy the weekly chapters unfold before yer' very eye's, as it's obvious to me there's no heavy hand on that horse's reins& he's able to run free &forward at a fast unyielding pace,,,the sooner you can accept that fact,is that sooner you can be enjoying the ride while a stride our new war pony offense:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

:lmao: ya, game threads are a real hoot& quite telling ,as to how a fellow member profiles in their fandoms psychological makeup ,,,;)

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Last edited:

JBond

Reaction score

ONE...

Why the goofy formatting? Are you blind?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I stay away from that train wreck.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
I think the passion that some of us fans share for the game is quite beautiful. It is entertainment, so why not be entertained? It goes across all sports as well, and so long as the entertainment factor is still in play, there are always going to be overreactions. I hope they never die off.

Side note: one of my favorite are the "look ahead to draft day" overreactions. I love the college prospects coming into the big league aapect, part of the game..these always tickle my fancy and I look forward to them.

DFWJC

Reaction score

ONE...

Yep.
And you can look back to the stuff after one game last year and see the polar opposite.

Always entertaining though!

Anyway; I'd rather be excited than not. Fun stuff