Twitter: Post Game Tweets 01/16/2022

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I can’t believe how much focus is on the final play… the real failure by Dak and Kellen was the previous drive.

At home with over 2 mins to play. At midfield with 3 TOs. And you turn the ball over on downs?!?!

Now we get to hear whining for eternity about referees and officiating. The bottom line is— Dak and Kellen FAILED to win the game when it was right there to take.

Don’t let them off the hook by believing that another snap would have made a difference. They played their way into a situation where they needed a miracle hail mary to win anyway.

Worst display of ineptitude in the playoffs I have ever seen by a Cowboys team. I can’t think of a roster that was more talented that played worse.

Damn ugly loss and we can look forward to an offseason of whining from our fans, mockery from the media, and hopelessness because JJ is going to trot Dak and a worse roster out there next season.

Gaede

Reaction score
I can’t believe how much focus is on the final play… the real failure by Dak and Kellen was the previous drive.

At home with over 2 mins to play. At midfield with 3 TOs. And you turn the ball over on downs?!?!

Now we get to hear whining for eternity about referees and officiating. The bottom line is— Dak and Kellen FAILED to win the game when it was right there to take.

Don’t let them off the hook by believing that another snap would have made a difference. They played their way into a situation where they needed a miracle hail mary to win anyway.

Worst display of ineptitude in the playoffs I have ever seen by a Cowboys team. I can’t think of a roster that was more talented that played worse.

Damn ugly loss and we can look forward to an offseason of whining from our fans, mockery from the media, and hopelessness because JJ is going to trot Dak and a worse roster out there next season.

The last play was the last play, so of course it gets attn. Especially when it was such a cluster. But you're 100% right. There is NO excuse for that drive. That's the game winning drive and we couldn't get a first down. It was like we had nothing prepared for this situation. Against a secondary that was supposedly trash.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The last play was the last play, so of course it gets attn. Especially when it was such a cluster. But you're 100% right. There is NO excuse for that drive. That's the game winning drive and we couldn't get a first down. It was like we had nothing prepared for this situation. Against a secondary that was supposedly trash.

Yep. And no one in the media is talking about it because of the final play. MM and KM and Dak should be GRILLED about the 2 min drive. Unreal how poorly executed that was.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score

Exactly. Dak is good but he’s paid to be great and he absolutely failed to deliver again. That’s a huge problem and even admitting best team he’s been on. One and done at home.

strongarmqb

Reaction score

I agree 100%. What is maddening for me is that the same issues the plagued this team for the last two months never got resolved.

Too many penalties- To me this team is undisciplined, and that is on coaching.

No imagination on offense- How many times are we going to run hooks and come backs and outs? Why couldn’t Moore scheme guys open?

Offensive line continually exposed- Connor Williams needs to be cut. Period. We need a new left guard and a new center. Not sure we can squeeze another year out of Tyron either.

Team came out flat and uninspired- Again, why weren’t they ready to play? They got punched defensively and then made it worse punting and punting, having to chase the game.

As Parcells used to say, dumb players do dumb things

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I agree 100%. What is maddening for me is that the same issues the plagued this team for the last two months never got resolved.

Too many penalties- To me this team is undisciplined, and that is on coaching.

No imagination on offense- How many times are we going to run hooks and come backs and outs? Why couldn’t Moore scheme guys open?

Offensive line continually exposed- Connor Williams needs to be cut. Period. We need a new left guard and a new center. Not sure we can squeeze another year out of Tyron either.

Team came out flat and uninspired- Again, why weren’t they ready to play? They got punched defensively and then made it worse punting and punting, having to chase the game.

As Parcells used to say, dumb players do dumb things

Yep. Agree about the lack of adjustments and creativity on offense. Kellen got solved and he couldn’t respond.

Also— slow, flat, sluggish starts on offense under Kellen and Dak happen FAR too often. Just not crisp and efficient enough. Poor communication. Not on the same page etc…

Penalties? Ugh. Reflection on coaching for sure.

Pressure reveals character. We just got exposed and embarrassed. Would be a shame if the refs got scapegoated and the real culprits get away

My3Sons

Reaction score
271989362_7265051040179544_4371086376429784419_n.jpg

Chuck 54

Reaction score
0 sacks, had a feeling the pass rush would vanish when we needed it most. Only 1 takeaway and an anemic offense bit us when it mattered.
You don’t get sacks when the opposition runs the ball 38 times and all passes are behind the line or 5 yard crossing routes.