Post Game Tweets 11/11/18

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Yes, I still do, but that’s because I don’t Cooper is a WR that’s worthy of trading a likely Top 10 first rounder for. If we were trading for Julio Jones, OBJ, Hopkins, or a few select others I would. I think Cooper falls somewhere under that tier of receivers.

That said, I think he’s definitely an upgrade to our receiver group and the fact he’s just 24 years old is compelling.

I thought he’s played really well for us his first two games.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, I still do, but that’s because I don’t Cooper is a WR that’s worthy of trading a likely Top 10 first rounder for. If we were trading for Julio Jones, OBJ, Hopkins, or a few select others I would. I think Cooper falls somewhere under that tier of receivers.

That said, I think he’s definitely an upgrade to our receiver group and the fact he’s just 24 years old is compelling.

The odds are that the Cowboys will finish around 8-8.

That's a mid 1st round pick.

The odds are very low that they would get a better WR in the 2019 draft than Cooper.

Even if they had a top 10 pick, the success of WRs in the draft is a crapshoot.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

You think it would have you just a first rounder to trade for a 24 year old Julio Jones or OBJ?

The Falcons gave up to firsts for Julio as an unproven rookie. :laugh:

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Tyron was Tyron last night.
Leys hope going back to what works with technique cures his ills

Verdict

Reaction score
Posting one's own tweets is no longer allowed, so here's the text:

Going into tonight, Dallas had passed on 1st down 43% of the time, and run 57% of the time.

Tonight on its first 25 1st-down plays, Dallas passed 17 times, and ran 8 times.

Dallas converted on 14 of the 17 down series that began with a pass, and 4 of the 8 that began with a run.

I have been suggesting this all year. Everyone in the stadium has been aware of our propensity to run between the tackles on first down and it's been killing us. Thank goodness they started passing on first down.

EST_1986

Reaction score

The Cooper trade is starting to grow on me personally. Now if we do end up with a Top 5 pick I’ll be disappointed but I think we’re middle of the road again and I have no problem with the trade for the value.