Post-Parcells curse?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Happened to the Giants after he bolted late in the offseason-their only emergency option was Ray Handley-he lost the locker room almost immediately and was fired after 2 seasons.

Happened to the Pats after he threw a hissy fit and bolted after the Super Bowl-their only emergency option was a very player friendly Pete Carroll-after a hot start in his first year, they slowly but surely crumbled little by little, only for the bottom to fall out in yr 3 as this team lost their discipline and refused to respond to Carroll.

Happened to the Jets after he decided to call it quits after year 2-the team's been in shambles since with half **** coaches coming in and out.

I really hate to say it, but it's potentially biting us right now. Too bad he bolted too late in the game(INSTEAD of after the Seattle loss, he did so 2 weeks before the Super Bowl, right before he was set to go to the Senior Bowl)-it left Jerry VERY little time left to hire a quality coach.

Both Giants and Pats fans warned us quite a bit when Parcells came here in '03.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I don't think so. This is Phillips billing. He isn't a big time HC. Period.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I don't think it's a Parcells curse. For the most part, these are his guys. These guys were on pins and needles when Parcells was here because he held them accountable. After he left, these guys relaxed. I hink that's the problem.

khiladi

Reaction score
Parcells sucked while he was here, so there was no crash and burn...

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I'll take what happend to the Pats after Parcells and Carroll left.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
BlueStar22;2331573 said:
I don't think it's a Parcells curse. For the most part, these are his guys. These guys were on pins and needles when Parcells was here because he held them accountable. After he left, these guys relaxed. I hink that's the problem.

We need a tweener. Parcells was to rough on these babies, Phillips has them back on the nipple.:eek: