Post Your Best Cowboys Memory With Family

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Afternoon fans I get into these moments when I want to share and read of your stories regarding our beloved Dallas Cowboys. I was thinking of how technology has really advanced from cable tv, to satellite tv, to streaming games on your mobile devices. There was a time when we didn't have this luxury. Some of my favorite moments of watching the Cowboys with my family involved my father and grandfather climbing on top of the house to turn an antennae a certain way to allow us to watch a game when it was blacked out in the local area due to it not selling out (other than that you would have to drive to Tyler or something). The joy of all the neighbors and other family members who were at our home screaming out the windows to let my father and grandfather know that they had the perfect reception, can't be explained with words.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I'm a few weeks away from being 28 years old, so unfortunately none of my memories of the Cowboys are fond.

But I one memory that I will always have was when we beat the highly favored Seahawks on the day that my cousin died in a car wreck in 2014. That was an amazing victory and one of Marinelli's best called games.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
1. Took my daughter, son in law and fiancee to Dallas last year to see us beat Detroit in the new stadium, first time in the new one.
2. 1974 watching the Thanksgiving game at my uncles house in Glens Falls, NY. He's a rabid Gnats fan, Clint bomb to Drew won me 25 cents against him.
3. Many years of my daughter and I watching games together on a Sunday afternoon with a fire going in the fireplace.

mrmojo

Reaction score
1974 Thanksgiving and the first SB with the triplets. Both wins were unexpected, Staubach out of game, unknown Longley coming in. The 92 Boys were supposedly a year away and we go and beat the mighty Niners at Candlestick.

Great food and memories because both my parents were still alive.

Go Cowboys!

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Afternoon fans I get into these moments when I want to share and read of your stories regarding our beloved Dallas Cowboys. I was thinking of how technology has really advanced from cable tv, to satellite tv, to streaming games on your mobile devices. There was a time when we didn't have this luxury. Some of my favorite moments of watching the Cowboys with my family involved my father and grandfather climbing on top of the house to turn an antennae a certain way to allow us to watch a game when it was blacked out in the local area due to it not selling out (other than that you would have to drive to Tyler or something). The joy of all the neighbors and other family members who were at our home screaming out the windows to let my father and grandfather know that they had the perfect reception, can't be explained with words.
That would be our first Thanksgiving Day game.

Back in 1966.

The whole family did Thanksgiving at noon and then we left for the game against Cleveland.

They were the best in the division with Frank Ryan at QB and Gary Collins at WR and Jim Brown at RB.

If we beat them..we won the Eastern Division.

We beat them and it was the biggest party.

The crowd went crazy. Meredith played well, Bobby Hayes and especially Danny Reeves at RB had big plays. I recall Reeves thru a half back pass for a TD.

It was the very beginning of everything.

We had portable radios and listened to the post game all the way back to the car.

We finally got home and my brother had hooked up his new VHS recorder to record the game.We were not sure it recorded the game but when he fired it up..

we all started cheering all over.

We stacked our plates high and sat down to watch.

This was entirely new technology at the time.

My brother had to rewind and slow mo play after play was we all ooed and marveled.

Great memories for sure of family and turkey and Cowboys.

People take it all for granted now..

But then it was first time stuff.

:starspin:

John813

Reaction score
Handful of ones but I'll post the more recent ones:

The Bills ****-show winner where Folk had to make the game winner after they scored 9 points in under 30 seconds.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=271008002
This game, where they won even with Romo throwing 5 picks.
Me and my father started screaming, in joy, and woke up the rest of the house. No regrets lol.

2005 when Roy Williams took an ill advised pas by McNabb to the house and the cowboys won 21-20.
another game where we jumped for joy and probably woke up some family members wondering why the hell we were yelling like fools. lol.

Nothing too memorable, or exciting persay, but just being there with family, and people you care about while watching a game is stuff we(I) take for granted.

My father is still here and all, but shortly after the 07 season life gets in the way, you move for additonal schooling, jobs etc and you never expect that you wouldn't be watching games with your father for some time.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
We were at FedEx field and Romo brings the Cowboys back to win 24-23 in 2013, the look of defeat of the Skins fans and all the Cowboys fans chirping in their house was simply glorious! What a game that was to experience and behold!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I experienced my first wave of Cowboy success in the 1970's as a teenager watching with my parents and siblings. Then the 1900's success came and I enjoyed that with my wife and in-laws, but the oldest of my kids was too young to care, and the 2nd child had not yet arrived. Now I'm hoping to experience it all again with my grown kids and their families. Depending on the number of years that go by until it happens again, my grandkids may be old enough to enjoy it as well.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Probably when Super Bowl 27 fell on my sister's birthday. We had a football themed birthday cake, chips and dips, finger foods, and beer. And when the game was out of reach I took one of the Bills players on the cake and turned him upside down, burying his head in the turf/green frosting.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I have allot of fond memories of live games with the family at the opponents stadiums .. going back to the early 70’s .. allot of tv fond memories ... but nearest and dearest was my first trip ever to Texas in September 2018 that my wife got me for my 50th .. I always wanted to see a live game in Texas ... never did ... but my best friend and wife of 30 years got me the ultimate trip... first class all the way .. team hotel ... tour of the Star including extra special behind the scenes tour with my bud and executive chef at the Star .. sat in Jerry Jones seat in the war room .. met and hung out with Charles Haley , Alvin Harper (my wife got to wear his Super Bowl ring ) Tony Tolbert ,Bill Bates ...
Met Zeke , Dak Prescott , Randy Gregory , Jerry Jones , Jason Garrett , Byron Jones , Jaylon Smith , my wife’s new Boyfriend Leigtin Vanderesche;
Mickey Spagnola , Bryan Broaddus
Met and spoke with Will McClay in film room .. you name it we did it ... had sideline passes .. sat on the 50 yard line behind the cowboys bench about 10 rows up from the field and watched the cowboys beat the Lions :.. incredible trip with so much more .. have 100’s of pics :.. (no clue how to post any of them on here but they’re on my phone ) Charles Haley was a hoot at the VIP tailgate party .. even got butt slapped by him ... to have all that shared with my bff / wife .... priceless

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm the only Cowboys fan in my family. The rest are Browns fans, which is why I'm glad to see them returning to respectability. They all became temporary Cowboys fans when Kosar was released and signed with Dallas, so we were all on the same team that SB season. They rooted pretty hard for the Cowboys in SB XXX as well.

I had an uncle who was an obnoxious Steelers fan but he's gone now.

TheViper7

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for "that moment" so to speak. I'm 40 years old, my mom is 83. She is a huge Cowboys fan, we both live in Cali, but apart from each other. She actually has been to Cowboys Stadium when visiting my brother in McKinney. She talks about that game and experience to this day. But back to the subject at hand, we both of course are old enough to have enjoyed the 90's Cowboys success. But I think being a single mom raising me she tried to get into things I liked to be able to connect with me and have something to share with her son. As we got older the bigger fan she became . But we watch every game, not always together of course but we always are on the phone before, halftime and after the game. Its become "our" thing. If she visits me and my family for Thanksgiving, we are the only Cowboys fans there. And she always wears her Witten jersey(which she bought in Texas to wear to that one game). Romo and him are her all time favorites, she cried when they both retired. I can go on and on about this, point being, even though we both experienced the 90s Cowboys, it was really just me who was into it. So basically after all these years and the fan that she has turned into, I dream about the day I can look into my mom's eyes and say to her "they did it mom". Man! It makes me tear up just thinking about it. I want it to happen so bad before she leaves this world. To be with her watching the super bowl with the Cowboys in it would be surreal in itself.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
When Santa caught on fire.......the wind chill factor was -18 at Texas Stadium.
Mine is that Vikings game ,where C.B.S. was already scrolling thru the production credits on the screen as the game was about done ,when #12 hit the #88 for the T.D. & VICTORY (my little brother was standing up in the middle of the living room doing his funky Vikings victory dance & I laying on my stomach on the floor about 4' away from T.V.,,,when that happened,,, it was hilarious, as it looked like he'd caught sight of that snake haired woman Medusa cuz he'd froze in mid finger snaps with that stupid looking face of disbelief froze on his mug

I also fondly enjoyed that one Vikings game in where some fan in the stands dinged that ZEBRA in the gourd with an empty whiskey bottle,that's a pretty choice football memory for me,Too!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
:lmao2:my dad used to make me climb the antennae tower to tune the array during thunderstorms as a kid,when the wind would blow the picture out, and some of those big fat raindrops would sting,Too!:lmao:

Etchyboy

Reaction score
Different kind of family in this story.

When I was in the service early 90s. I was on a Sub off the coast of Florida. We were at PD (Periscope Depth) and we were able to pick up the game on the radio. A few of us were listening to the game in crews mess. Our CO a huge bears fan told us as soon as the game was over let them know in control so we could dive. I thought that was pretty cool that he would do that so we could listen to the rest of the game.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Thanksgiving 1990 with me and about a dozen Commander fan cousins. There was so much trash talking we couldn’t hear Madden and Summerall. The Cowboys were 4-7 coming into the game and underdogs, but the triplets pulled it out. And those guys were shocked. Great memories and I miss those folks. I don’t see them much any more.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I went to Dallas Pittsburgh in 2016 where there was 7 lead changes and we won in the final seconds with my mom. She isn’t a fan of football she just wanted to get out and go on a road trip. She ended up having almost as much fun as me. Met some incredible fans from both fan bases and sat right behind the Dallas bench. I threw the X up to Dez and he gave me the nod of approval