Twitter: PPF 2019 OL rankings for all 32 teams

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Damn .....seems any or every ranking has the Eagles ahead of us.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...ine-rankings-all-32-teams-units-entering-2019
3. PITTSBURGH STEELERS
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUP:
Left Tackle: Alejandro Villanueva
Left Guard: Ramon Foster
Center: Maurkice Pouncey
Right Guard: David DeCastro
Right Tackle: Matt Feiler

It will be tough for the Steelers to replicate the efficiency that their offensive line maintained in 2018, but then again, it will be challenging for any team in the league. Le’Veon Bell now finds himself with the Jets, and Antonio Brown with the Raiders, but their offensive line remains the one consistent in the Steelers’ ever-changing offense.

2. DALLAS COWBOYS
Left Tackle: Tyron Smith
Left Guard: Connor Williams
Center: Travis Frederick
Right Guard: Zack Martin
Right Tackle: La’el Collins

Zack Martin and Tyron Smith have been long-time members of the league’s club of elite offensive linemen, but have had to pick up slack along the offensive line on account of recent struggles. Dallas was top-10 in interior pressure allowed from 2014 to 2017 until Travis Frederick’s injury. His return, paired with hopeful improvement from rookie-turned-sophomore Connor Williams, should aid in the unit’s recovery to its former glory.

1. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
Left Tackle: Jason Petershttps://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/andre-dillard/29250
Left Guard: Isaac Seumalo
Center: Jason Kelce
Right Guard: Brandon Brooks
Right Tackle: Lane Johnson

The Eagles spent their first-round pick on Washington State offensive tackle Andre Dillard to act as insurance should the ailing Jason Peters fail to play a complete season in 2019. However, Philadelphia has earned top-ten team pass- and run-blocking grades in each of the last three seasons and PFF data suggests that they will accomplish this feat again as they enter the 2019 season with the top-ranked offensive line in the NFL.

John813

Reaction score
Peters = Smith
Can't comment on LG
IMO Frederick > Kelce, but not by much
Martin> Brooks
Collins <Johnson

Can see the Eagles being better, especially after last years debacle in pass blocking.

All I know is that Dallas line has some questions they need to answer this year before being called the best O-line in the league again.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Peters = Smith
Can't comment on LG
IMO Frederick > Kelce, but not by much
Martin> Brooks
Collins <Johnson

Can see the Eagles being better, especially after last years debacle in pass blocking.

All I know is that Dallas line has some questions they need to answer this year before being called the best O-line in the league again.

Assume you're thinking LG and RT......

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I agree their OL is damn good but ours pretty good too.

BTW.......losing Bennett of their Dline will hurt a bit
I agree that it's good but there's no way I'm putting it over the Colts.

I wish it would, but losing Bennett and getting Jackson, and Barnett and Sweat back from injury is a net gain not loss. It pisses me off that the Eagles seem to get the guys that I want the cowboys to target.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't argue against this but if they had them flipped can't argue against that either.

However Dallas had the leading rusher 2 of the last 3 years and would have been 3 years if Zeke was not screwed over.
Even with a make shift line sort of with injuries too.

So that tells me more than PFF rankings in the run game. Dak's sacks from the passing game was more on him than the OL on what, half of his sacks?

But still, I am ok with that rankings, as they are just another opinion. We will see what happens this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe but they got better at DT when they replaced Jernigan (who they then brought back as a backup) with Jackson.

And then getting Jernigan back on the cheap was a kick in the pills. While we sit here and don't even take a look, with what we have at defensive tackle.

:facepalm:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'm not even mad. Eagles have a darn good OL.

I do think the Cowboys are in amazing shape on the OL though. We have 4 locked in quality starters (after rewatching the game from 2018, I'm higher on Collins than most), and I think our backup line is better than some teams' starting line.

Last year was a rougher year on the OL than people realize - we lost one All Pro for the entire season, had another one battling a bad back, and had our third All Pro miss 2 games with injury, while our rookie LG struggled and was injured as well. We started at least 2 rookie or backup linemen for every game of the season. I wouldn't call it worst case scenario, but it was pretty bad luck. In spite of all that, we still had an above average OL. If our luck bounces back at all this season, we're going to dominate.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I do think the Cowboys are in amazing shape on the OL though. We have 4 locked in quality starters (after rewatching the game from 2018, I'm higher on Collins than most), and I think our backup line is better than some teams' starting line
Yeah they have 3 starters that are NFL top 100 locks and the other two starters are at very worst above average NFL starters.

That's damn impressive !!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The iggles being anointed the 2019 paper champs of the NFL should not bother anyone that calls themselves a Cowboys fan. The Cowboys have never been universally loved by all factions of the sports media. There is something about being called, "America's team" that downright angers certain folks. If our 'Boys are as good as we think they are, it will show on the field. That's all that really matters to me, not the hyperbole that precedes them meeting on the field.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I can't argue against this but if they had them flipped can't argue against that either.

However Dallas had the leading rusher 2 of the last 3 years and would have been 3 years if Zeke was not screwed over.
Even with a make shift line sort of with injuries too.

So that tells me more than PFF rankings in the run game. Dak's sacks from the passing game was more on him than the OL on what, half of his sacks?

But still, I am ok with that rankings, as they are just another opinion. We will see what happens this year.
Depends on who you ask on how many were on Dak. It's not close to half though.

I have no issue with the ranking since it's projection anyways. I would have us lower because LG is unknown and Collins is at best above avg. I assume they are thinking Fred will be back to normal and the LG will work itself out. I have confidence that Fred will get back to his old self but I'll wait and see on the LG spot.