Twitter: PPF 2019 OL rankings for all 32 teams

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
All I know is that Dallas line has some questions they need to answer this year before being called the best O-line in the league again.
No doubt, but it's not like that won't get done in a hurry. The Cowboys have some quality depth at OL like they haven't had before, so if someone isn't getting their job done, they have great alternatives to turn to. I'm feeling pretty good about our OL today and I can't wait for them to get to slobber-knocking.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't mind having the Eagles ranked ahead of us -- in fact I kinda like it (more than I can say.) The C-boys historically do better when being ranked as the underdogs. You know it and so do I. We're up there high enough as #2 to be a threat to any team in the NFL, especially if they don't happen to be on the absolute top of their game when we meet. Yes, I absolutely have the top dogs in mind in saying so. I'm ready to get into the preseason, confident of being an effective force to contend for bigger and better things. Feel free to join me in looking to (and hoping for) greater goals in the near future. :)

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Don't forget about McGovern, he played guard and center in college, has an NFL-ready body, unlike our last year's pick Williams. If Frederick can't make it back, or is sub-par, I feel he can fill in adequately, and I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes Williams out at LG, though he has technique issues that could keep him on the bench...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That’s interesting I was told from the resident Eagles fans on this site that Wentz had no offensive line or no help.

Sounds like a con job to me, 'cause they're, in fact, quite good. You're likely to find some fairly more confident fans on the Eagles web site. We'll have some intense games with the Eagles to vie for the glory in the Eastern Division. I'm expecting some very exciting battles with them, soon to come. ;)

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I’m surprised to see Dallas at 2 with Williams’ tough rookie campaign and Smith’s durability coming into question. Still though, seeing most talking heads still considering Dallas’ OL a top 5 unit is great to see!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends on who you ask on how many were on Dak. It's not close to half though.

I have no issue with the ranking since it's projection anyways. I would have us lower because LG is unknown and Collins is at best above avg. I assume they are thinking Fred will be back to normal and the LG will work itself out. I have confidence that Fred will get back to his old self but I'll wait and see on the LG spot.

CWill was probably better than most would have people to believe on here, same for Collins. As they need to pile on once it gets started. :laugh:

Anyway, CWill in his 2nd year and stronger, will be better. Plus player between Smith and Frederick will make any player look better. So CWill will be just fine there.
Collins, as you said at best is above average, but he is certainly not horrible. If the left side and up the center is solidified, they can always have a TE over to help Collins on the right side if needed. If teams load up that side. I would hope they learn from the Chaz Green Atlanta game debacle.

cowboygo

Reaction score
Barring any injuries and the return of T.Fred, the O-Line should perform at the highest level. Lael Collins in a contract year helps too. All eyes on at LG, we have multiple guys that can play that spot.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Already ranking them and they're not even into camp yet?

The rankings into and after the season will tell a different story and I find it odd that the Cowboys are at #2 with the complete health and recovery of the C still questionable and a 2nd year G that has yet to show he's taken the next step and that RT is still an inconsistent OL.

However, if they're #2, they don't need a top 3 RB.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

The rankings into and after the season will tell a different story and I find it odd that the Cowboys are at #2 with the complete health and recovery of the C still questionable and a 2nd year G that has yet to show he's taken the next step and that RT is still an inconsistent OL.

Did you want them to rank the Olines after training camp...?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Damn .....seems any or every ranking has the Eagles ahead of us.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...ine-rankings-all-32-teams-units-entering-2019
3. PITTSBURGH STEELERS
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUP:
Left Tackle: Alejandro Villanueva
Left Guard: Ramon Foster
Center: Maurkice Pouncey
Right Guard: David DeCastro
Right Tackle: Matt Feiler

It will be tough for the Steelers to replicate the efficiency that their offensive line maintained in 2018, but then again, it will be challenging for any team in the league. Le’Veon Bell now finds himself with the Jets, and Antonio Brown with the Raiders, but their offensive line remains the one consistent in the Steelers’ ever-changing offense.

2. DALLAS COWBOYS
Left Tackle: Tyron Smith
Left Guard: Connor Williams
Center: Travis Frederick
Right Guard: Zack Martin
Right Tackle: La’el Collins

Zack Martin and Tyron Smith have been long-time members of the league’s club of elite offensive linemen, but have had to pick up slack along the offensive line on account of recent struggles. Dallas was top-10 in interior pressure allowed from 2014 to 2017 until Travis Frederick’s injury. His return, paired with hopeful improvement from rookie-turned-sophomore Connor Williams, should aid in the unit’s recovery to its former glory.

1. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
Left Tackle: Jason Peters
Left Guard: Isaac Seumalo
Center: Jason Kelce
Right Guard: Brandon Brooks
Right Tackle: Lane Johnson

The Eagles spent their first-round pick on Washington State offensive tackle Andre Dillard to act as insurance should the ailing Jason Peters fail to play a complete season in 2019. However, Philadelphia has earned top-ten team pass- and run-blocking grades in each of the last three seasons and PFF data suggests that they will accomplish this feat again as they enter the 2019 season with the top-ranked offensive line in the NFL.

OL is about the most difficult performance to predict this far from game 1.

After training camp might give a reasonable projection but even then my guess is that the prediction accuracy would not be great from year to year.

Injury/Scheme/OL-Depth/QB/RB/etc. all affect the OL performance.

One injury can total screw up some OLines while others might have depth at the position.

The Cowboys went from having the NFL's best backup OT in 2012-2014 (Jermey Parnell) to the worst in 2017 (Chaz Green).

A Quick pass QB and O-Coordinator = Less Sacks

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Many teams don't even have a set starting lineup.

Even for the Cowboys without injures, the starting lineup is not set.

CW could end up playing OT and looking so good that they swap him and Collins.

On the flip-side, CW could end up losing at LG to McGovern.

The top 2 backups are also critical.

If CW moved to OT the depth there would be much better.
Fleming at LT for more than a couple of games could be a disaster.

Looney is great as the backup OC but if Fred is not ready, then Looney is the starter and the backup is a question mark.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
We look great on paper, last year showed us that doesn't mean anything. Pass protection was ranked anywhere from 18th to 26th lol.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
That’s interesting I was told from the resident Eagles fans on this site that Wentz had no offensive line or no help.

I dont think anyone would ever say that. We’re stacked, have been for years.

Quote your sources.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I dont think anyone would ever say that. We’re stacked, have been for years.

Quote your sources.
Go search 'Carson Wentz' and you will find posts that talk about how "stacked" Dak's team is and how Wentz has nothing around him. You can find these posts from Pappydog, MatthewJames and Risen just to name a few.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Go search 'Carson Wentz' and you will find posts that talk about how "stacked" Dak's team is and how Wentz has nothing around him. You can find these posts from Pappydog, MatthewJames and Risen just to name a few.

Those aren’t Eagles fans