Twitter: Practice & News 8-1

Sydla

Reaction score
Long story short, Meyer claimed a few weeks ago he had no idea that there were allegations against his assistant from 2015. If he had known then what he knew now, he would have fired him then.

McMurphy was able to uncover a source and texts between the victim and other coaches’ wives from 2015 talking about the abuse. One of the wives was Shelly Meyer.

So unless the wives kept quiet it seems unlikely Meyer didn’t know and therefore he lied a few weeks ago.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Long story short, Meyer claimed a few weeks ago he had no idea that there were allegations against his assistant from 2015. If he had known then what he knew now, he would have fired him then.

McMurphy was able to uncover a source and texts between the victim and other coaches’ wives from 2015 talking about the abuse. One of the wives was Shelly Meyer.

So unless the wives kept quiet it seems unlikely Meyer didn’t know and therefore he lied a few weeks ago.
Oy...

Garrettop

Reaction score
Why do you say this?
Plenty of us said this could be a real good move....and especially including the move to add Austin.

At least I thought

Ward + Austin > Switzer + 6th rd

and am even a Switzer (Tarheel) fan

I'm not saying everyone. But there were plenty of "well if Oakland doesn't want him he must suck"/"well he hasn't done anything, more bargain-bin trash" comments. Also, noting he's doing well isn't the same thing as tipping the hat to the FO.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Not a ringing endorsment for the “franchise” qb
I've seen some praise and that he's a better practice player now than he was, but don't count me among the True Believers just yet.
I didn't get to watch the '16 season and what I saw from '17 kind of made me... scared.